It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin and the hypocrisy express

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Yes, this proves women should just stay home and lock the door. Abayas might be good as well. What say you we female circumsize and shave our heads bald, maybe self immolate if we displease the men! I see harems in our futures, ladies. Cause Lord knows women candidates make the polls drop!

women! huh! what are we good for? absolutely nothing, say it again!

[edit on 2-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Yes, this proves women should just stay home and lock the door. Abayas might be good as well. What say you we female circumsize and shave our heads bald, maybe self immolate if we displease the men! I see harems in our futures, ladies. Cause Lord knows women candidates make the polls drop!

women! huh! what are we good for? absolutely nothing, say it again!
[edit on 2-9-2008 by undo]

This has nothing to do with sex.

This has to do with our country not doing so well.

This has to do with the numbers.

I am making an observation... based upon numbers.

As for myself I am not voting for Mccain regardless.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

oh? well then tell me if it has nothing to do with sex, how come every other sentence around here is, she's a bad mother, can't run her own household, her daughter is preggo, her down syndrome child is he child of her daughter, she obviously didn't care about her child or she wouldn't have gotten on the plane, she is not qualified to run anything, she hates animals, she probably steps on the necks of animals and tears off their fur with her bare hands, photos of her in a bikini holding a rifle (her face photoshopped onto the bikini babe), youtube videos that she's nothing but a barbie doll, and this is not to mention what happened to hillary!

do you know, at least a year before the decisions regarding her running for the presidency, people were already calling hillary the whore of babylon? no wonder obama didn't want to run on the same ticket with her as that would make him the antichrist! what a bunch of bull crapola. (let's ignore the fact that the whore of babylon, as i keep reminding everyone, is a religion not a person!!)

yer all a bunch of bigots.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

oh? well then tell me if it has nothing to do with sex, how come every other sentence around here is, she's a bad mother, can't run her own household, her daughter is preggo, her down syndrome child is he child of her daughter, she obviously didn't care about her child or she wouldn't have gotten on the plane, she is not qualified to run anything, she hates animals, she probably steps on the necks of animals and tears off their fur with her bare hands, photos of her in a bikini holding a rifle (her face photoshopped onto the bikini babe), youtube videos that she's nothing but a barbie doll, and this is not to mention what happened to hillary!

do you know, at least a year before the decisions regarding her running for the presidency, people were already calling hillary the whore of babylon? no wonder obama didn't want to run on the same ticket with her as that would make him the antichrist! what a bunch of bull crapola. (let's ignore the fact that the whore of babylon, as i keep reminding everyone, is a religion not a person!!)

yer all a bunch of bigots.

Ya well there is no blood on my hand, I have not engaged in any of this... I have only questioned her experience which is fair in my opinion.

Goodluck

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

goodluck? on what? i've only ever voted democratic and independent.
you wishing me good luck as a repub? what about good luck as a woman?
as a mom? i mean i just witnessed many members of our nation launch into all the reasons they don't like females over the last 2 years. added to this was the more specific mom category, and the ever present, woman with conservative values category (ya know, she's a human being so she's not going to be conservative on everything, just like not all liberals are liberal on everything). but this is no longer the land of opportunity. now it's the land of the stereotype.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
i apologize for calling people bigots. that was uncalled for. i just got me dander up and now it's back down and i'll try to keep it there.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zlots331
I know this might be off topic but the reference to Rush made me remember that during the Republican primaries he couldn't stress enough how McCain was absolutely the worse choice voters could make. Now he loves him. God I love that man, talk about hypocrisy.

Wow, you obviously don't listen to Rush. It's evident because your statement is either an intentional lie or you have no idea what you're talking about.

Rush has been debating for months whether it is smarter to vote for McCain or whether to vote for Obama in hopes that Obama's election would rebuild the Republican party a la Reagan. He has since decided that that we as a nation cannot afford Obama, be it the taxes he will impose, the detrimental effect his policies will have on the economy, the radical judges he will no doubt appoint to the Supreme Court or the disastrous social policies and government programs he will no doubt start.

Rush supports McCain because he is not Obama. He does not love McCain. You are a liar. Either that or you're horribly misinformed or you don't comprehend English.

McCain is a vastly superior choice to Obama. Palin would be a vastly superior choice to Obama. However, that is irrelevant because PALIN IS NOT RUNNING AGAINST OBAMA. IT IS AN IRRELEVANT ARGUMENT HOW PALIN STACKS UP AGAINST OBAMA BECAUSE SHE IS NOT THE TOP OF THE TICKET!

However, that doesn't change the FACT that Palin is vastly more qualified to run the country than Obama. She is the ONLY candidate with executive experience. She is a governor. She was Mayor before Obama was elected to the Senate - a job that provides zero executive experience. She has held many positions. Obama has done nothing but get elected to the Senate and spend years working for a group well known for getting dead people to register to vote and vote Democrat. Obama's biggest achievement is getting a sweet deal on his house and adjacent property.

Palin actually has a resume. Obama has none.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Excellent post. Amazing how McCain can say that she is the right choice for the job when there are REALLY great women on the Rep side that would have been MUCH, MUCH better and do have the history to back it up.

Oh Gosh, Better check if they were in the PTA......gag. In truth I'll bet the Rep's really hate to be put in this spot. They have to swallow hard and support this very UNqualified woman.

McCain must really be out of his mind to put her in the VP seat. I shudder to think if he dies............heaven help us.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

Wow, you obviously don't listen to Rush. It's evident because your statement is either an intentional lie or you have no idea what you're talking about.

you obviously suffer from short-term memory loss

Rush Limbaugh Declares war on John McCain

I’m a Florida registered Republican.

I’m going to vote in the primary, all right? I say this to you as an average American citizen, not as a political commentator and not as an advocate for anybody, I’m going to say this to you, we have our primary here next Tuesday, and independents can’t vote in our primary, Democrats can’t vote in our primary, it’s only Republicans.

And just as I would say to Rudy Giuliani, “Rudy, we’ve heard 9/11, time for some other things,” I would say to Senator McCain, “Senator McCain, we know about your POW heroism.

We know about your stuff on the surge. We know of your allegiance on the war in Iraq with President Bush. We know all that. I want to hear you talk about your immigration record, Senator McCain.
I want to hear you talk about your record on free speech, meaningful, campaign finance reform. I’d like to hear what you think we should do with the prisoners at Guantanamo Bay. The people of Florida need to hear this.”
- Rush Limbaugh

and from the same article

He was asked about a press release from McCain’s campaign Monday that criticized job growth in Massachusetts under Romney’s watch. Romney said, “What’s his record, by the way? What’s McCain’s record of job growth? What’s he done? I think you have to have a record before you can criticize somebody else’s.” Romney needs to continue to be able to nail that. Poor Obama needs to be doing this, but doesn’t have it in him. So Romney is out there questioning McCain’s record on job growth.

In Jan - March of 2008 - McCain was the target of Rush Limbaugh and the entire Republican party.

Now John McCain is the target of affection and adoration.

I called Rush Limbaugh's show and wanted to ask him about this on the air, during open line friday, not too long ago.

Mr. Snerdly hung up on me.

I emailed Mr. Limbaugh.
He won't respond.

7 months ago - all we heard from republicans and conservatives alike was how bad of a guy John McCain really was.

Now all we here is how good and cool, hip, and "with it" he is.

When these people are questioned about Jan - March of 2008

they tuck tail and run

Its pathetic.

They cant stick to their guns.
Period.

Atleast be mature and intelligent enough to offer a REASON for your flop.

Even though it may be one as stupid as "well...my political party supports him, so now i do too"

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

broken records.

"experience" has been the core arguement from righties to justify McCain as the only "rational choice", you guys couldnt care as to whether the candidate had good judgement or whether he voted 95% of the time with the worst president in history afew months ago.

Thats probably becasue he didnt vote with bush 95% of the time. Hell he doesnt even vote with the republican party 95% of the time. In fact, based on the period when Obama has been serving, Obama does vote with the dems more than 95% of the time, while Mccain votes with the republicans less than 80% of the time. Which would make Mccain more bipartisan, less partisan, and more of a maverck than Obama now wouldnt it?

Now I am using the "experience" arguement as you all so brag about and there you go, I highlighted the fact McCain goes ahead and chooses somebody less experienced after all.

MCcain has to DIE for Palin to become president. That has happened less than 5 times in the entire history of our country. a VP CAN learn on the job, a President CAN't. Mccain already has experience, Obama doesnt.

Now as for Obamas pick, no I dont think his hypocritical for choosing Biden because he never made the "exeprience" arguement as sole justification for being elected, it just wasnt the only reason. Republicans have made it the CORE reason.

The core reason? Well that might be because you cant debate Obamas positions, since they are never the same. You cant debate him on his track record becasue he doesnt have one. You cant debate him on his "judgement" becasue short of opposing the Iraq war, he has NO exapmles of his judgement. You cant debate Obama on his accomplishments, because he doesnt have any. Bottom line, Obama is so inexperienced, there is nothing else to debate him on, since hes never done anything worht debating.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

Bottom line, Obama is so inexperienced, there is nothing else to debate him on, since hes never done anything worht debating.

Nah - you refuse to debate on him because you know you'd lose.

Barack Obama has done plenty...PLENTY

He's accomplished plenty, and there are plenty of threads on the D'08 forums to back that up

just because you personally refuse to read them and educate yourself past the ignorance the GOP nourishes you with - does not mean that you speak the truth.

It means you speak the complete opposite.

Education.
I know its not oil, but its still important too.

Try it some time.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
Ok all you Neocons...

The McCain arguement against Obama is he has less experience. That and Obama's black, but right now we're focusing on his experience.

Noones argument against Obama has been "hes black" in fact the only people mentioning Obamas race in this campaign, is Obama.

Now McCain has turned around and chosen someone with LESS experience than Obama.

To be his VP. As in, to be the person who will elarn from him, while he runs the country. Unless soemthing catastophic happens, its not an issue. OTOH, if Obama is elected, the guy with no experience automatically runs the country.

That is the flip flop. That McCain, and you Neocons, have been screaming for weeks now that Obama has less experience,(And he's black oh noes!) and so shouldn't be elected then turn around and nominate someone less experienced then Obama.

No we want to elect soemone with far more experience, Mccain. Palin is not the presidential candidate. Obama is. Now do you feel its better to have the President, or the VP have no experience? In other words who matters more, the guy in charge, or the guy who might one day, possibly be in charge?

And it does matter. McCain is old. He's even said his SS number is 8 so he knows he's old. He might not even make it to election day. So his VP choice does matter as he probably won't make it to the end of his term.

And OBama could be assasinated by thye Klan. But then, if ifs and butts were candy and nuts we'd all have cavities.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

Nah - you refuse to debate on him because you know you'd lose.

Anytime you're feeling froggy wiggy take a leap. I never get tired of verbally manhandling you like a red-headed step child.

Barack Obama has done plenty...PLENTY

Yep he was a community organiser, which as we all now know, is the epitomy of a great and notable accomplishment.

He's accomplished plenty, and there are plenty of threads on the D'08 forums to back that up

Lets see, his tenure as head of the anneberg challenge was a failure, his time in the illinois senate and his "community programs" where failures, and hes spent the majority of his senate term campaiging. He was editor of the Harvard review, he was also the only editor of the publication in ITS ENTIRE HISTORY who never wrote a single word IN the review.

just because you personally refuse to read them and educate yourself past the ignorance the GOP nourishes you with - does not mean that you speak the truth.

Wiggy, wiggy wiggy, Im more "educated" than you could ever hope to be, and I prove it every time I spank you on these forums.

Try it some time.

Like I said wiggy, any time you're feeling froggy, Ill be happy to rip your pathetic arguments to shreds.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Noones argument against Obama has been "hes black" in fact the only people mentioning Obamas race in this campaign, is Obama.

Let me give you a tip:
Do your research (educate yourself) before you post.

Obama's black, will he redecorate the white house to be black culture?

i wont vote for obama because he's black

....education

its not oil
but it works too

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Let me give you a tip:
Do your research (educate yourself) before you post.

Obama's black, will he redecorate the white house to be black culture?

i wont vote for obama because he's black

You should really edit this post so you dont look so ignorant.
See I was replying to this comment wiggy.

The McCain arguement against Obama is he has less experience. That and Obama's black, but right now we're focusing on his experience.

Now If you think those threads were started by the Mccain campaign, you are more than welcome to THINK that.

....education

its not oil
but it works too

I reccomend educating yourself in reading comprehension. Then you wouldnt embarrass yourself quite so much.
Now do you want to keep digging this hole, or are you smart enough to stop while your only behind a little?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Now If you think those threads were started by the Mccain campaign, you are more than welcome to THINK that.

You made the assertion that the only people talking about obama's race was obama

you were wrong

can't admit it?

Well, then you have more in common with mccain and especially Palin than i originally thought.

You fit right in with Palin

hypocrite.

I hope you enjoy it.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

You made the assertion that the only people talking about obama's race was obama

Yes, in the contxt of the earlier comment, which I was responding too. What happened wiggy, I thought liberals were supposed to understand context.

you were wrong

can't admit it?

If you want to hide your inabillity to follow a conversation behind the belief I was "wrong" you go right ahead wiggy, I expect nothing less from you.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Wekll the lord has his way.We can finally teach the word to our children in school.
No more evil science of satin and clean the land of all the satin believers.
Our church is ready this is it the Lord will come home!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by winged patriot
Wekll the lord has his way.We can finally teach the word to our children in school.
No more evil science of satin and clean the land of all the satin believers.
Our church is ready this is it the Lord will come home!

The evil Science of satin
Is it soft?

GOP this is your problem... this guy here.

So you will vote with him and we will get a theocracy.

GOOD JOB GOP!!!

Praise the lord

[edit on 2-9-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Take a look at the resumes, Palin has twelve years experience in politics verses Obama's 11 years experience.

Does being an Illinois state legislature make someone more qualified than running a city as the Mayor? Sorry, I don't see it.

Small town mayors are the people in charge, have to make things happen.

State Legislatures just have to contribute to committees and vote on issues, not real challenging. Nobody is really depending on them.

A small town mayor in the arctic winters of Alaska probably have to make their fair share of dicey calls, where they are the ones making the decision, not voting on some committee.

I say Palin's 8 years of experience calling the shots does in fact make her more qualified than commitee member Obama. When your POTUS, you can't vote present.

In four years as Veep, Palin's experience to be POTUS will have far succeeded Obama's experience at the current time.

I'd rather have Palin, with her experience, taking over than Biden.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join