It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin and the hypocrisy express

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It's no secret to all here (even those strong supporters of McCain) that Palin is less experienced than Obama; its no secret to everybody here that McCain just completely flip-flopped over what was his main argument of his campaign. It's no surprise that Republicans are trying to cover this fact and why so typical? Hypocrisy is something Republicans are good at covering up, they are good at sending in "raids" to promote their candidate and it is evident right now.

Many Right-wingers here may argue that any criticism of Palins experience is hypocritical to Obama's time in office, however what these members fail to understand is that the argument from Liberals and some independents was never really as to who had the most experience, the argument is against McCain’s hypocrisy over his "experience" talk.

So, in all fairness, why is Palin less experienced than Obama? Why was this move so hypocritical of McCain?

First let’s compare the two candidates:

Barack Obama

Political:

-Illinois Senate (State legislator) 1997 to 2004
-United States Senator 2005 to present

Work experience:

-Taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School even during his political career (since 1992, 12years).
-Business International Corporation (2years)
New York Public Interest Research (2years)
-Community organizer

Academic/ education:

-Occidental College for two years.
-Columbia University in New York City, majored in political science.
-Harvard Law School, graduated with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude.

Sarah Palin

Political:

Governor of Alaska (roughly two years)

Work experience:

-Wasilla council (1992-1996)
-Mayor of Wasilla from 1996 to 2002 (population 6000)
(She failed to win any state position between 2002-2006)
-Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commissioner (left after one year due to the companies corruption, she reported the corrupt)

Academic/ education:

-Hawaii Pacific College majoring in business administration but then transferred to University of Idaho, Bachelor degree in communications-journalism.

So, according to the above, it is evident that Obama is more experienced (if that was the argument). Where do the right-wingers claim Palin is more experienced than Obama? Well they have been vague as to where exactly Palin is more experienced but to list down the arguements, Palin is apparently has "executive experience". So what is "executive experience? The last few presidents with this prior experience could be an example enough:

-Lyndon Johnson-Vice President of the United States
-Richard Nixon-Vice President of the United States
-Gerald Ford-Vice President of the United States (in by RN resignation)
-Jimmy Carter-Governor of Georgia
-Ronald Reagan-Governor of California & President of the Screen Actors
-George H. W. Bush-Vice President of the United States & Director of -Central Intelligence
-Bill Clinton-Attorney General of Arkansas, Governor of Arkansas

(one term or

According to the list of former presidents executive experience all Palin has is her current governorship of Alaska, and even at that she has only been governor for less than half a term, hardly what anybody would call "executive".

What other case is been made by right-wingers as to whether Palin is more experienced? Well let’s take Rush Limbaugh for example:

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

Yes, he was making the case of why Palin is supposedly more experience, but hold on, if you read through his little transcript here he fails to highlight any reasons as to why Palin is more experienced, all his done here is smear the democratic nominee. So Rush Limbaugh cant see, to say why Palin is more experienced, lets move on...

corner.nationalreview.com...
Well this site fails to highlight any "executive experience" again, the only explanation here is that she chooses good foreign advisors?! Is this all they have??

Lets check out these guys:
www.melissaclouthier.com...
Nope, still no explanation on Palins so-called advanced "executive experience" over Obama, just more liberal bashing....

....Oh wait hold I found something! Finally! Somebody who can tell us right now why Mrs. Palin had more experience!

"...In nineteen months as governor, she certainly has had more practical experience in diplomacy than Biden or Obama have ever seen. She runs the only American state bordered only by two foreign countries, one of which has increasingly grown hostile to the US again, Russia." (The Jawa Report drives the point home.) Sneering liberals, please remember: if you criticize Palin on the grounds that her experience is limited to Wasilla, you are personally insulting the entirety of small town America.

www.johnmccain.com...

Yes and this here is echoed by McCain’s stepford wife, Cindy:
www.youtube.com...

So Palin is more experienced simple because her state neighbors Russia and to question her experience is to question small town America? So there we have it folks, this guys excuse for why Palin is more experienced.

Now lets hear from John himself as to why Palin is more experienced and why he isnt a hypocrite:

www.youtube.com...
She’s been in elected office long than Obama? So you’re saying her time on the time council and as mayor of a town with barely 6000 people is executive experience?!
, no im sorry, she only seriously began her political career in 2006 John.

www.youtube.com...
So she’s balanced budgets and she’s on the PTA? This makes here more experienced, this still justifies you experience argument towards Obama John?

www.youtube.com...
She’s more experienced because Alaska is the largest state?!

From John McCain:

"When Sarah Palin was in government; Barack Obama was a community organizer."

That’s a lie John and you and your supporters know this:
www.politifact.com...

Its obvious that McCain and his hypocrisy express has done it again, and his supporters are having to cover his ass, again. And let me just say one more thing here.... McCain only met her once before he made his decision.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Very good investigatory work there OP!!!!!

Wow. I really liked that link which disproved McCains statement about Palin being in government while Obama was a community organizer.

McCains statement shows us two things:

The Obama-haters who said Obama was never a community organizer are wrong - and their own leader says so

and

McCain can't even tell the truth on something as simple as this, and has to LIE about his VP in order to TRY and make her look more credible.

This choice will bite McCain right in the butt

NICE thread!

S&F

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Great OP s+f

These people have no examples...

I realize that the past four days ATS has been coming directly from FOX NEWS.

THE exact same logic - the RUSSIA borders ALSAKA = foreign policy idea is directly from FOX.

The argument that GODESSSARAH has more experience then OBAMA is straight FROM FOX---

You should watch it, its amazing... people are actually REGURGITATING WHAT THEY HEAR ON FOX... HERE on ATS...

YOU are not arguing with people, rather the writers and psychologists at FOX news itself.

In fact I have YET to read an original not FOX sourced PRO PALIN EXPERIENCE example.

Except in SG's post....

TO get they majority of the strategy, rhetoric and "logic" used here-- just watch FOX...

AMAZING, its like CHARLY MANSON mated with a VIRUS.

PALIN is a joke... BUT she is dangerous and not to be underestimated...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I know this might be off topic but the reference to Rush made me remember that during the Republican primaries he couldn't stress enough how McCain was absolutely the worse choice voters could make. Now he loves him. God I love that man, talk about hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
umm shes gonna be running as McCains VICE president, not to be the Commander in Chief

also for you to talk down about her only being the mayor of a small town, that's pretty weak on your part.

btw im not saying i am for mccain, or obama for that matter, but i think your argument here is rather emotional and not so logical. obama started in the local levels of government as well.

I think they are all pretty close to equal when it comes to telling people what they want to hear and furthering their political careers.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Here is a list of current issues with Sarah Palin:

Alaskagate

Abstinencegate

Troopergate

McCain's fault for not properly vetting her. I left some off the list until the sources are confirmed so I will post them later.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Guys I don't think she's going to make it.

McCain communications team sent to Alaska
Posted: 08:30 PM ET

From CNN Correspondent Dana Bash
(CNN) – A senior adviser to John McCain's campaign confirms that they have dispatched a team of 12 people to presumptive VP nominee Sarah Palin's home state of Alaska.

The adviser insists the group is a communications "jump" team that would have gone to any nominee's hometown, and denies reports that the team is now going to further vet Palin.
cnn

I think the whole thing has become such a disaster that they're gonna try and cut her loose and replace her with Romney. The evangelicals are backing her in public but you know they are livid underneath, asking how could this have happened.

And there's no way they knew her daughter was pregnant when they picked her. Somebody screwed the pooch something big on this one and the whole party's trying to spin it and save it. So I think they'll kick her to the curve under some "she needs to be with her family" excuse. Personally I hope they don't do it, and let her hang on the neck of McCain like the albatros she likes to shoot.

As far as the hypocrisy of the experience angle, the OP is completely correct, though I think at this point it is the last thing on the GOP's mind or the country's for that matter.

This convention is about to be covered by TMZ. Dr. Phil is no doubt on a plane to Alaska as we speak.

That's why we must never worry about things too much.

Karma is a magnificent bitch! And she's cleveland steaming the whole republican party.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

btw im not saying i am for mccain, or obama for that matter, but i think your argument here is rather emotional and not so logical. obama started in the local levels of government as well.

THe issues of which you complain are the issues the the mccain campaign uses to say that Sarah Palin has the experience to run this country from the seat of the VP

Is she applying for the POTUS? No. She's applying for the backup POTUS.

What if something happens to McCain. You DO know that the VP would take over in that event....right?

And since mccain says Palin is qualified because she can balance a budget and is a mother who makes really good money...

well, its too easy to say "who gives a damn"

She's no different than millions of SINGLE MOTHERS in this country that do the same thing WITHOUT a governors salary.

What makes her so special?

We're not talking about Mother of the year award
we're talking about vice president credibility

of which she has none

oh sure, she was governor for 20 months in Alaska....
but she's done nothing in those 20 months besides sit behind a desk.

Good for her
but not good for us.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

There's lots of stories floating around. Some speculation is that there is a power struggle between McCain's camp and some of the GOP power brokers. I can't tell which way this is headed quite yet (as far as switching VP's) but the press will have a field day with all this stuff that is being dug up. Word on the street is that this got started by someone in the GOP by planting a few red herrings and that got the press on the trail. If I can get some confirmation on this I will post it but consider it a discussion topic for now.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Multiple Junkie

When you say red herrings, what specifically are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
just a heartbeat away. eh?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'm amazed that ya'll think that there's a difference between the parties!
Do you want the NWO with a side of McCain or a Large obama and a shake?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Personally I hope they don't do it, and let her hang on the neck of McCain like the albatros she likes to shoot.

Personally - i hope they do.
Picture this:

"McCain is a man who can recognize a bad thing when he see's it. He's a quick resolver, the ultimate rectifier, he won't allow corrupt politicians into the white house, even ones as sneaky as Sarah Palin.

Vote for John McCain. He has the courage to admit when he's wrong, and then fix the problem accordingly."

and then you KNOW the same people who are supporting palin today - would be in here tomorrow telling us how stupid palin is

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Whats all this fuss about a VP candidate?
I understand that Biden was not a great choice, and many Democrats were disappointed. But good grief people, are you really that frightened?

Someone who is so "undereducated", so "inexperienced", has you guys acting like someone stole your security blanket.

Your inexperienced Obama guy is gonna win, remember?
Now, with Sarah in the picture, the odds are even better for Obama, right?
She makes him look like a pro now. You should be happy!

But you aren't.
Why is that?

I think you were hoping for a gray-haired, good ole boy, from inside the beltway..Someone that would provide you with reams and reams of REAL scandal.

What the heck are you worried about?

All you've got now is Sarah.
And you're still frightened.
It shows in your posts.
And THAT speaks volumes.

MCcain picked a good one. Didn't he?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
You should be happy!
But you aren't.
Why is that?

Who's not happy?
I've been happy.
I said so too in my first post.

The dems couldn't have planned this better themselves.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

All you've got now is Sarah.
And you're still frightened.
It shows in your posts.
And THAT speaks volumes.

Frightened?

Wow.

I'd call it excited, delighted, over joyed.

But Frightened?

Please.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

OK, so you're overjoyed, possibly doing the Snoopy dance, right now.
Are you ok with nasty stuff that's being written about her and her family?

After all, MCcain just lost the election right? Why bother continuing with the this anti Pailin stuff? Just making sure everyone else knows?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

OK, so you're overjoyed, possibly doing the Snoopy dance, right now.
Are you ok with nasty stuff that's being written about her and her family?

After all, MCcain just lost the election right? Why bother continuing with the this anti Pailin stuff? Just making sure everyone else knows?

First off, i know what it is you're doing. So i'll say this, where were you on the "obama is the antichrist" ads ?

You're galloping on your high horse.

I dont condone the ads about her family - im talking about the ones about HER.

She's violated the flag code
she's anti-women rights
she's anti-gay rights

i could go on and on

This OP doesnt talk about her family.
this one talks about hypocrisy.

If you'd actually give it a read - there's some really good stuff in there.

This thread doesnt talk about her family - so why should you feel compelled to bring it up?

edit to add

no. Mccain hasnt lost the election yet. I see this move of his as a nail in the coffin for sure. But i appreciate your optimism.

Why continue?
You bethca so everyone else knows.
Also - what else is there to talk about?

This is about the decision 2008 election

I've tried starting threads that talk about political issues but people have let them die.
So...when in Rome...

But this OP *IS* an issue.

Just because it isnt about Palins opinion on rainbow fluff and kitties doesnt mean its not an important issue.

i really like the thread because it gives unbiased source to prove mccain is lying about palins experience in order to try and make her appear wiser than obama

if he has to lie about it - then what arent we seeing?
What does mccain know that we dont?

Sounds important to me.

ESPECIALLY on a conspiracy website.

You'd think questioning the official story with credible evidence to back it, of course, would be appreciated.

...apparently its only appreciated if you don't support the candidate under the microscope

P.S. before someone posts about Obama attacks - there's no credible evidence to prove that he's a Muslim or the antichrist, so don't even try.

[edit on 9/1/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I will try to give some background but I need to be careful about this. Not because I have any super secret access or direct political contacts, I try to back up everything that I post here with legit links because to otherwise is dishonest. What I can tell you so far is this:

The phony "Sarah Palin faked pregnancy for her daughter" story that attracted attention initially and originated in blogs seems to have come from outsiders (AKA trolls). This story somehow prompted Palin to announce daughters pregnancy the next day - to squash the original rumors an blame the blogs and Obama's campaign. Reporters who were already working on researching Palin were kicked into overdrive and that is why all this stuff is coming out so fast and furious. Also, a lot these rumors have been around for months and can be traced to Alaskan sources. Summary:

1) Rumors and stories started in Alaska.
2) Press mobliized themselves when VP Announcement was made to learn more about the unfamiliar candidate so they were sent to Alaska to find out more.
3) Someone leaked the original "Sarah Palin faked pregnancy for her daughter" rumor nationwide. Probably to intimidate Sarah Palin into making a statement.
4) Press is energized and tracks down multiple stories and TSHTF!

Someone is trying to take her down and its coming from within the GOP.

I'm working on getting more information as I type this and will share at a later date, please excuse the sloppy writing, I'm a terrible writer. Feel free to ask further questions here and I will answer if I can. I know that you have an interest in this type of stuff, look forward to my debut diary in the Bully Pulpit on this because that is where I'll probably post it. Here as well if that's allowed. Peace.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
nevermind

retracted post

[edit on 9/2/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join