It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robotic Flying Jellyfish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
AirJelly houses two lithium-ion polymer accumulator batteries rated at 8 V and 400 mA, which can be completely charged in half an hour and are AirJelly's sole source of power. A connected central electric drive unit transmits the force to a bevel gear wheel and then to eight spur gears in sequence. These gears power eight shafts, each of which activates a crank; these in turn move the jellyfish

This so very cool and alien looking to me. I swear I saw a supposed UFO video that had one of these in it. I thought you guys would enjoy this.
Here is the companies web site.
www.festo.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Oh man, now they are building things that look like UFOs to confuse us even more.
-"I saw a UFO"
-"NO dear, what you saw was a robotic giant jelly fish. From now on, when you see a UFO what you are actually seeing is just a robotic giant jelly fish"

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
pretty cool, any idea on what the intended use is?
the fluidity of how it moves is very impressive.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Oh, what a wonderful toy! Of course, if the maunfacturers develop models that can fly outside, then sightings of them are going to add horribly to these boards.

Saying that, I want one. No. Scrap that. I need one!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Hehe I thought the same thing when I saw it...."I gotta have one". I think they would be great as a possible probe for another planet or moon.I'm not sure if it could carry a payload of instrumentation though.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
They also make the Air Ray.....this is pretty cool too.....Still not sure if these would be able to carry any payload though.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
HAVE the manufacturers developed models that can fly outdoors in windspeeds upto 10-15mph? If so I want one. The ray not the Jelly fish.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
That jellyfish is so cool , i want 2 . I love the time we live in
I just hope we wont blow ourselves up before some of the real fun toys get invented ;]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
How about this one to get you going...

I can't make the link work for some reason.
Here is another link to it:
www.newlaunches.com...

[edit on 9/9/2008 by thegrayone]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

There you have it, more toys to play with...

[edit on 9/9/2008 by thegrayone]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yea I tried to post your video and it didn't work for me either.Kinda of a strange URL.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
That is one crazy looking thing. What do you suppose all the applications for something like that would be.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Heres the D.A.R.P.A. Big Dog I know it has been seen by many.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think there should be a forum on the board called New Technologies. That's why I put this in skunk works because I didn't know were else to put this thread. Yea I created a thread about the DARPA"big dog" about 1-2 years ago...not sure if they have progressed any further with that one....pretty amazing though.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

That's cool. Thanks for sharing. If I saw that just floating around my town, I would have freaked and took pics to post on ATS!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It is still so amazing to see the great things that we as human beings can accomplish. Makes me think of all the technological advancements that have been made over the past 40 years. Here is a different video of the flying Ray.

new topics

top topics

join