It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions at the RNC Protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Perhaps the time is drawing near.....

I suspect a Kent State or Waco type incident will be
coming soon.

www.democraticunderground.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It's tear-gas.

Why they tossed the signal grenade I don't know.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It looked like the protesters were trying to provoke a response...

It didn't look like a peaceful protest to hold a sign/shield while walking across the street (first minute).

Sorry...but no

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Unfriggen real, you have got to be kidding me.
Someone asked a question under the video if it was "an approved" protest site.
WHAT ?? Since when do I need a permit to voice my opinion. I have a bad feeling that these pricks are going to escalate things way out of proportion real soon and all hell is going to break loose (I'm talking about the police)
C'mon, concussion grenades? Whatever happened to bullhorns giving a warning to disperse first. I mean I'm an old hippie from the Vietnam days and they didn't pull crap like this, at least not this early in the "show'.
Raiding peoples homes, swat teams, grenades. When is Fox gonna send Geraldo in to tell how these young people are foaming at the mouth and attacking the poor helpless police?
I tell 'ya, I have a gun and I'm about ready to oil the pecker up.

MARTHA... PILLS...NOW... my head hurts.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
They were talking on the scanner about using concussion grenades, smoke, and tear gas against protest groups trying to use the side streets to enter the cordoned off areas.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

Thank you, I feel so much safer now. Glad they're on the ball.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
They confiscated the protesters scanners during the Sheriff Department's preemptive raid according to the receipts I saw online for the items taken. After the violence started the feed on the online scanner was taken offline as well. I guess they didn't want the protesters listening in on their command and control.

[edit on 9/1/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
That's great! Gotta love flashbangs. Those kids were looking for a conflict by advancing on the police with those homemade shields, and they got it by the looks. None of the measures being used by the police in that video are anywhere near lethal. But thanks for the dramatic storytelling anyways.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

Rather than assume the police are evil, let's just ask why they may be provoked to do that. You have to admit that at this point, the anarchists have set a precedent for causing destruction. Wouldn't you want to limit the designated protest areas so you could limit the violence if (more like when) it breaks out? I would. It's a whole lot safer than having them dispersed and mixing with other civilians that are just trying to go about their daily lives.

new topics

top topics

join