It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomer Claude Poher Announces Experimental Success Of His Gravitation Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Astronomer Claude Poher Announces Experimental Success Of His Gravitation Theory

strangeandcool.blogspot.com

"From time to time, during history, strange things have been observed in the sky. In 1946, a series of such observations were made in Sweden, and, since 1947, observation reports of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO's) have become more numerous in France as well as in the totality of the countries of the world.

Such observations continue nowadays, in increasing number and strangeness.

UFO observations have been reported to GEPAN, in France, by a quite large spectrum of the population, often through the local Gendarmerie (Country police, directed by the army). Members of the Police and the army have also been witnesses of these phenomena.

Observation reports are also coming from persons having a high degree of technical or scientific education, and they are the same as those coming from the less educated."

There is a large amount of information at this site and not alot of pictures but it still kept my interest for a couple hours so it's definately a good read once you get past the wierd signup process. :-)

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Claude Poher is largely unknown to many Americans. Were it not for the efforts of Matyas and a mutual friend he and I have, I likely would know little of Poher, too.

That mutual friend sent me this article today. Since it is a blog, and not a news source, perhaps I have submitted to the wrong area.

Regardless, Claude Poher is no fool.

en.wikipedia.org...

Engineer in space research. Engineer in electronics. Ph D in astronomy-astrophysics.

33 years of scientific career in space research in Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES), the French NASA.

Successively responsible of several services in this space research public establishment: — Research programs in space astronomy, — Research programs in space robotics, — Research programs in space sounding rockets, — Advanced, long term research programs in space technology,

Claude Poher has also directed several space research programs conducted in international cooperation, from lunar exploration to space stations, and also about the exploration of planets. He was in charge of the French national studies for application of the nuclear energy to future civilian space missions.

Claude Poher was also chairman of numerous sessions of international congresses about astronautics, in the domain of astronomical research, advanced missions studies, and interstellar missions.

Claude Poher is an experienced private pilot with 45 years of practice he has a deep aeronautical formation.

He created and directed, in CNES, in 1977/1978, the Groupe d’Etude des Phénomènes Aérospatiaux Non identifiés, official French service dedicated to the analysis of the UFO observation reports from the population, This service still exists 27 years later (only official service of this type in the world actually).

The space activity of Claude Poher have been rewarded by: The National Order of Merit The AAAF astronautical prize The CNES medal

Claude Poher is a member of the International Academy of Astronautics.

Yeah, its Wiki...but the info is true and precise as quoted above.

There is a thread from 2007 about Universons (central to Pohers research). The other 9 references I have found to Poher were written by either me, or another member of Pegasus.

strangeandcool.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have discussed in some depth the Podkletnov/Ning Li approach to gravity (and touched on a few others) here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But what Poher has done is written a whole new theory. A new paradigm.

His webpage can be found here:

www.universons.com...

and the English version:

www.universons.com...

Much of the content is blocked from general view. However, there is a LOT of good info contained therein.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Much of the content is blocked from general view. However, there is a LOT of good info contained therein.

So in other words it's not worth registering there because anything I'd be interested in would be blocked given I'd be viewed as a peon?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Correct. Now move along, nothing to see here...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Correct. Now move along, nothing to see here...

Okiedokie. A mind is a terrible thing to have, I know. I'll just wait for the first hovering iPods to be released.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm surprised you're taken by this, which has all the hallmarks of pseudo-science and bogus physics.

One red flag is that they immediately start talking about UFOs.

In addition the website has the classic redacted info and red background with overlarge fonts.

I was unable to find anything substantial with all the verbigiation and requests for passwords.

But in fairness, maybe you can summarize?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What I want to see at a minimum is:

1) A physical theory overview
2) The mathematical basis for the theory
3) Experiments and independent duplications; video if possible
4) Credentials and names of those performing independent duplications

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
What I want to see at a minimum is:

1) A physical theory overview
2) The mathematical basis for the theory
3) Experiments and independent duplications; video if possible
4) Credentials and names of those performing independent duplications

I checked for this among his published papers... he's apparently been touting this since 1992 (when he was in a position to have collaborators and colleagues) and there has been little or no interest: adsabs.harvard.edu...

He was at his heyday in the 1980's, publishing 4 papers:
adsabs.harvard.edu...,+C&db_key=PHY

Other than that, he's been promoting his theory and claims he has an object that works. But I haven't seen any grand unified theory here or any substantiating work by a lab or research facility or university.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

bogus phsyics huh isnt the vast majority of what you call non bogus physics just some other persons theory seeing as we know next to nothing about the universe

as for gravity theories thats just what we have at the moment a theory no one has explained gravity or proven their theory to be the right one because its a THEORY

i wish people would stop spouting absolute rubbish about physics when the vast majority of it is theory not proven

the only reason we havent advanced as a scientific race in over 20 years is because people wont let go to these theories or take any new ideas onboard

finaly when some scienetist with some funding do have the balls you cry bogus physics ...hold on didnt they cry bogus physics to some of the world changing scientists before Einstein Eddison Tesla and many more before

its only ever when the fringe scientists that dont accept the Normal Theories we ever move forward
so maybe instead of just stepping over everything because it does not fit into the nice little physics boxes we currently have and pay attention we might learn something new as a race

Deny Ignorance lol to tell you the truth our current scientific community isnt its just stuck with a bunch of theories its not willing to budge on because if they do their funding gets cut and careers ended

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just as in the period where we mastered the electromagnetic force, in the 1800s, following any breakthroughs in mastering gravity, there would be a plethora of simple, working inventions that would follow any real breakthrough in 'gravity'.

The discovery team would be busy building these, not arguing math theory or using physics neologisms on web pages.

So it seems to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Just as in the period where we mastered the electromagnetic force, in the 1800s, following any breakthroughs in mastering gravity, there would be a plethora of simple, working inventions that would follow any real breakthrough in 'gravity'.

The discovery team would be busy building these, not arguing math theory or using physics neologisms on web pages.

Well said.

Building some experimental knickknacks and demonstrating them in a controlled environment to rule out subterfuge would satisfy 3) and 4) and be convincing enough to lay 1) and 2) aside for the time being. The latter two-- 3) and 4)-- would be enough to engage people in working out the former two.

In reply to Anonymous ATS

As far as a "theory", I believe that has stronger criteria in the realm of science than in the vernacular. Popular usage is synonymous with a conjecture whereas scientifically, it is something that has undergone the rigors of replicatable testing and shown to make useful predictions.

In order to take my flying saucer to get eggs, milk and bread when needed the results have to be repeatable.

Edit: Strange that I can see the Anonymous reply in the thread review but it hasn't yet shown up when reading it normally.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
I'm surprised you're taken by this...

But of course, BFFT is curious, and curiosity is a sign of intelligence, which I can vouch for in his case.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Ha, yes, there are none. Now it could be in everyone's best interest to leave off pursuing Dr. Poher's material as has been the case everywhere else. It is heavily ridden with time consuming mathematics which at times seem to obfuscate an otherwise clear understanding by the researcher, and his claims are outlandish to boot.

Universons. Whoever heard of such nonsense? It reminds me of the UMMO fiasco, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
So what exactly is this cat proposeing i cant find any thing really that qualifies as a new paradigm for physics where is the OP on this perhaps he could give a run-down of what he is talking about.... if not i gotta say thanks for wasting my time

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

nahh...going to let it go for now. As has been pointed out to me by others, now is likely not the time.

sorry for wasting your time. You can expect a full refund in the mail.

besides...it isn't really my baby. i am just an interested observer.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by constantwonder

nahh...going to let it go for now. As has been pointed out to me by others, now is likely not the time.

Is that a slightly veiled "not everyone is ready to know"? For myself, there is scarcely a technology in this world I would be more excited to see than genuine control of gravitation. Thus, I like to keep a cool head about claims or I could lose my reason to enthusiasm about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Well, if you can figger it out then be my guest! We'll even give you a ticker tape parade!

It isn't that the world is not ready, its that we are not ready to reveal it to the world, because we don't know how the frik he is doing it!

There now. It's settled, and anything beyond this point is nonsense.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Well, if you can figger it out then be my guest! We'll even give you a ticker tape parade!

It isn't that the world is not ready, its that we are not ready to reveal it to the world, because we don't know how the frik he is doing it!

There now. It's settled, and anything beyond this point is nonsense.

Whenever he does bring it out, he deserves what is due for the hard work. I don't want any ticker tape parades, but thanks for the offer. I'll just wait it out.

Your statement appears to imply that he is doing it.

I suppose everything I said was nonsense since it was beyond that point.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Your statement appears to imply that he is doing it.

By every other indication except the one we need.

You don't have to sit on yer duff and wait for us to do the legwork, finding someone to do some pro bono French translation would be a real boon. I chased a good candidate away when he called Americans idiots, certainly didn't need an attitude, but hopefully the right one will come along...

There now, just some more nonsense I posted, puts me in the same class, doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join