It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two stupid questions in regards to Bristol Palin's Pregnancy....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Can I ask two rather stupid questions? What does it matter if Palin's daughter is pregnant and who really cares, I mean really cares?

Does her pregnancy have any impact on the econony?
On gas prices?
On the housing crisis?
On social security and keeping it solvent?
On the military?
On the war in Iraq, the war on terror?
On urban violence?
On the environment, on global warming?
On universal health care?
On global issues like Russia's seeming aggression and/or human rights in China?
On illegal immigration?
On poverty in this country and around the world?

The only ISSUE I can see this having any relationship to is the abortion issue, and guess what? She had the "right" to abort, but decided to keep the baby and get married to its father. Does her pregnancy, her decision really touch any one of us in our daily lives? I've thought and thought, and it doesn't make a difference in my day to day activities.

There are issues in this presidential race, folks, REAL ISSUES, and Bristol Palin's pregnancy isn't one of them.

What's more important: her pregnancy or the issues facing this country??

Are non-issues like this, smear campaigns, and folks private lives all these elections have boiled down to?

The actual issues are getting lost in the muslim, marxist, shady character questions to and about Obama and in the elderly, senile, dementia laced questions to and about McCain.

And, around here, there seems to be 3 issues oriented posts to every 100 smear posts. Any wonder I am worried about the future of our country?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Of course her pregnancy will have no effect on our economy or other vital issues.

The issues facing our country are more important than her being pregnant out of wed lock.

Announcing the pregnancy before the main stream media almost insures that it will remain a non issue.

Unfortunately, the back stabbing and slurs in the political arena is just the nature of the beast.

I wanted to throw up when Mrs. Clinton endorsed Mr. Obama after she had been so adamantly against him.

It's no wonder we don't trust out elected officials.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

keep in mind

its the bloggers who are making this an issue

Obama condemned it

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Eactly. Obama calls it a non-issue and tells his supproters to keep their hands off of said non-issue.

McCain repeats the same thing.

So, if it doesn't effect our everyday lives, what does all the talk on here signify? Too much time on our hands and too little focus on the real issues?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
i imagine that some people choose to talk about it for the same reasons that anti-obama people talked about his birth certificate

they have nothing better to do?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
American politics over the past 2 decades have become nothing but a smear fest, this has grown worse with the advent of the internet. I personally used to enjoy discussion on issues in a civil manner. This it seems is not possible anymore. In todays politics it is no longer enough to win on the issues, you must also smear, libel, slander, or otherwise defame your opponent. It is not enough to disagree, you must also paint your opponent as a Marxist or a Nazi depending on which side you represent. I know my country has many problems but it just isnt worth the time to actually try and discuss them because whatever opinion I have is moot, it is easier to call me names or otherwise try and belittle me. This is also the reason that I havent run for local office. I am just waiting for the country to blow up because it is so polarized there is no way back.

This issue will continue to be discussed here, this is what politics is today unfortunately

thats my view from the nest...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think it is a sad commentary on the state of American voters today. Especially if a lot of the people I see posting on this site in the politics areas are the ones going to the polls on voting day.

I am one of those voters and folks like this make me question just where our country is going.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The right wing response to people discussing these pregnancies, was the same questions that came to mind when Bill Clinton was put on the spot over a B.J. My answer to this question in regards to both Palin's and Clinton's situations, and the bearing that either, had or has, on real life issues affecting our country. No Bearing At All. _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It is a lame attempt at smearing and sadly they still don't ever seem to homestly talk about the most important issues and do what they promise anyway. I think they should have tryouts like dancing with the stars and american idol for these people. It's all song and dance isn't it? How about the special olympics of politics? Highest score wins.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

ya know
with as many threads that have been created in this forum that talk about issues

you and many others who whine about it have yet to contribute one ounce of your opinion to THOSE THREADS

check out the sticky at the top

the "issues are important" thread

you'll find plenty of material in there

of course, if you just feel like complaining about stuff
feel free to totally avoid it

[edit on 9/1/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
post deleted

[edit on 2-9-2008 by aleon1018]

new topics

top topics