It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcment about the name "Gustav ", and other stuff (bit of a rant)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Time after Time I keep hearing the conspiracy " gustav is a Russian name, it's to make us fear Russia".

Ok 1st, NO. Second, YOU FAIL.

The fact that all you calling wolf haven't even bothered looking up your assumption goes against the whole "deny ignorance" thing.

So, let me help you deny your ignorance and show you:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.behindthename.com...

wiki.answers.com...

As you can see, the name is clearly Norse, not Russian.

Also, you should be aware these names are chosen quite some time before. (there goes the "planed war conspiracy)

Also, I'd like to inform you of something called "the 2000s". You see, in this time period, not so long ago, a little thing called "History" occurred. And it's been going on till now.

It seems, that for whatever reason, all of humanity has failed to remember that this Georgian war has been going on for quite some time, and that this was not planned, but in fact just the end point of a many-years series of events. Weather the US forced it is up to you though, as evidence shows it may have been forced. But don't go and call WW3 when it's been goin on for 5 years:

here, chronologically, I think

(while many are wiki, just follow the sources on there)

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.regnum.ru...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.rian.ru...

www.civil.ge...

en.wikipedia.org...

news.bbc.co.uk...

So I beg you, don't call it WW3. This has been a long time coming. This isn't sudden, it's a slow progress.

YOUR short memory does not justify a conspiracy. And while evidence shows the west has some behind-the scenes actions, it was Russia who first decided to pluck it's nose in. (I'm not completely sure though, just IMO)

Thirdly, let me just say STOP. This whole month I've seen the most ridiculous and in some places, blatantly untrue and unresearched statements.

The purpose of this website is conspiracy, but conspiracy that do not contradict the very statement on the title. So please, stop saying "OMG TEH HAARP IS KILLING US" when Gustav suddenly dies when it gets on land, and stop saying "OMG ITS TEH NEOCNS TRYING TO GETS US TO FEAR RUSSIA BY NAMING IT GUSTAV!!!111!" because the name isn't even Russian.

I'm sorry, but I feel this had to be said right now in order to DENY IGNORANCE!

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Gorman91]

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Any opinions? What do you have to say about Georgia?

new topics

join