It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin on the Pledge of Allegiance.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
In 2006, when asked if she was offended by "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, Sara Palin's response was:

SP: Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.

See Number 11.

Source

The Pledge was written by Francis Bellamy (NOT a Founding Father) in 1892 (about 100 years AFTER the Founding Fathers were in business) and the phrase "under God" was added in 1954, by Congress.

What do I think of this? Sadly, I'm not surprised. That's about all I have to say.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That's like that one lady that said, "If English was good enough for Jesus then it's good enough for me!"

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
She should know better than that. Hopefully she won't repeat this while she's campaigning in the other 56 states.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
In 2006, when asked if she was offended by "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, Sara Palin's response was:

SP: Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.

See Number 11.

Source

The Pledge was written by Francis Bellamy (NOT a Founding Father) in 1892 (about 100 years AFTER the Founding Fathers were in business) and the phrase "under God" was added in 1954, by Congress.

What do I think of this? Sadly, I'm not surprised. That's about all I have to say.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

I did not know Francis Bellamy wrote the pledge, did you?

Sometimes, especially in the spot light, we all have moments or gaffes.

Do you think she knows there are 50, and not 57, states in the US? lol

If not, would this bears any reflection on her ability to be VP?

I am assuming you are serious...Im still trying to get used to this conspiracy angle around here, but wow.

Just wow.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
She's still smarter than - uh, oh, uh, duh, 57 states - Obama.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

Well, yes, actually I did, but I could forgive not knowing that. It's thinking it was written by the founding fathers and not knowing that "under God" was added that I find hard to stomach.

It was a written questionnaire.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It's a good thing that paper wasn't for a history class or she probably would have gotten an F.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

A written questionairre? Well, you've got to be careful believing those things. Remember, Obama had a staffer incorrectly state a number of his positions on one of those before. Maybe that's the case here?

Link

[edit on 1-9-2008 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Just when reading some of the other posts on this site was really getting me down you have supplied me with laughter, which after humility and compassion is the most important trait we must have. Thank you.

By the way, when I was born (not telling) there were 48 states and the only satellite circling the Earth was the moon.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

A written questionairre? Well, you've got to be careful believing those things. Remember, Obama had a staffer incorrectly state a number of his positions on one of those before. Maybe that's the case here?

Link

[edit on 1-9-2008 by vor78]

Doesn't sound too far from the truth when it comes to Sarah "Guns and God" Palin

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

Hey, I can't help it when the other side serves up such a softball.

If we're going to parse each candidate's every word, Obama's got plenty of gaffes, too (that 57 state comment being one).

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

Could be. Then again, maybe those gun ban issues from Obama's questionaire sound a whole lot like him, too?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Well, yes, actually I did, but I could forgive not knowing that. It's thinking it was written by the founding fathers and not knowing that "under God" was added that I find hard to stomach. .

I am impressed by your memorization skillz and sorry to hear about your weak stomach.

It was a written questionnaire.

I wonder what else she got wrong?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
At least she didn't say the answer was "Above her pay grade".

What's the point of this thread, anyway? What important issue does it hope to discuss?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

It addresses the all-important issue of playing 'gotcha!'

We could be here all night comparing stupid statements from these candidates if we wanted.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The Major sees this from a slightly different perspective. It is possible that the esteemed governor from the Great State of Alaska was inferring that the Founding Fathers would embrace the term "under God" rather than denigrate it as is popular today. Purely conjecture on the Major's part, but quite possible.

The Major can only hang his head in shame when the verbiage of the "Pledge of Allegiance" is used as a tool to smear a patriotic American. Perhaps the real question that should be asked is why Barack Hussein Obama can't put his right hand over his heart when the pledge is recited. The Major would like to see that question posed to the Junior Senator from the easily duped State of Illinois why he can't do that? Or even better, have him stand and recite the pledge for all to see. The Major is willing to bet the great oratory skills would fail a certain "American."

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
What's the point of this thread, anyway? What important issue does it hope to discuss?

If I wanted to discuss an important issue, I would have posted in the Bully Pulpit.

And the truth? One reason is simply that I want to show the Obama haters here (and y'all know who you are) what it's like to have every little word and deed attacked as if it means something. I want them to see how... well... stupid it is to go after every little gaffe, every little unimportant thing that the candidate does or says.

I would NEVER be doing this if there hadn't been SO many Obama smears before Sarah came along.
So, call it "gotcha" or payback or simply the shoe being on the other foot, but now at least we both know how it feels to be on the other side.

It's STUPID, don't you agree???

Then another reason I'm attacking Sarah Palin is that I can't stand this woman.

Another still is that it's fun. I know it's worthless and silly, but I can't not do it. Not after all the times I defended Obama and crushed the rumors about him.

That's the truth.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

says the group of people who bash Obama for his occasional "uhh" while in thought

The shoe is on the other foot - and i think it is HIL AR I OUS

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Are you serious? Is this something they stopped teaching in high school constitution class?

Man - i guess High School has really gone down hill under the Bush administration?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

You realize what this means, don't you? We're sitting here arguing over which of these candidates is less of an idiot when we engage in this.

Such a comforting thought.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join