It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gustav, Hannah, Ike - *3* Hurricanes forming at the same time - coincidence?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The weather may be "engineered" to a degree, but not so much by the accurate designs of man as by the unintended consequences of man's headstrong plunging ahead with whatever works for the moment at the cost of negative reactions from his natural environment. If global warming turns out to be the massive catastrophe to human existence that so many are predicting, what does it say in the long run about all those supposed geniuses and their inventions of unprecedented convenience?
What will humanity have gained from their intelligence if a few generations of people gain conveniences in the richer parts of the global human community at the cost of unprecedented disaster to uncountable millions?
It may prove they were never really so very smart after all. It may well prove that human intelligence itself will be the architect of mankind's own undoing. Oil may lubricate the way to human extinction.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well finally a thread that doesn't included politics, I have been keeping and eye on the weather channe for days as Hanna will impact my neck of the woods.

But by the way looking in the coast out of Africa one of those storms will hit hard the north east coast of the US eventually.

Africa is releasing some nasty stuff lately.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Although I don't believe hurricanes are being engineered by man, i do think it's odd that all these hurricanes are forming back to back like this. I have lived in FL for most of my life, and I've never seen or heard of so many forming like this, and in such a small time frame. Let's see, last week Gustav formed, then Hannah right behind it. And in the last two days Ike, Josephine, Karina formed, with another Tropical wave right behind Josephine (Karina is in the Gulf), and all in a couple days. Now that seems pretty prominent. Instead of worrying about man engineering these things, we should be worried about either God's wrath (and I'm not super religious, btw) or the condition of our planet. .

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
2 Cat 5 Hurricanes hit the coast in succession last year - first time it's every happened I think?

Well you would/should know!

"CNN) -- Hurricanes aren't behaving like many of us are used to them behaving. They're bigger and meaner, and more numerous than many people have seen.
Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne tore up parts of Florida last year. After tweaking Florida, Katrina and Rita are wreaking havoc this year along the Gulf Coast from Alabama to Texas.But don't rush to blame it on global warming, experts warn.

Max Mayfield, director of the National Hurricane Center in Miami, told a Senate subcommittee on Tuesday that we're in a period of heightened hurricane activity that could last another decade or two."

BBC-China rain-making creates a storm

And if all these hurricanes are being engineered, what caused all the hundreds of hurricanes in the past?

Nature? Who said they were all being engineered or created and not just strengthened or left' unattended'?

"The director of the Russian geophysical observatory of the Russian Meteorological Service, A.Voyeikov, says that the process of making a weather forecast for Russia, the USA, Europe and Canada is much more complicated in comparison with other states. "Atmospheric processes are not stable on these territories, and cyclones may occur absolutely incidentally," Voyeikov said."

USA and Russia supposedly develop secret meteorological weapons.

American meteorologists are not the only ones who blame the neighbors for using the "hurricane gun." Unconfirmed and patchy reports on questionable experiments with weather conducted by the U.S. and Soviet Union stirred up a number of political scandals in many countries of the world. Following a large-scale flooding in Europe in 2002, some European politicians put the blame on the "U.S. military" for disrupting EU economy. In 2002, Committee for Defense of the Russian Duma raised the issue about a detrimental impact on climate caused by experiments involving disturbance of the earth's ionosphere and magnetosphere. The deputies focused their attention on HAARP system that is still under construction in Alaska.

USA and Russia supposedly develop secret meteorological weapons.

Why would that be in your knowledgable opinion? Mistranslation perhaps or should we just ignore ( maybe not a bad idea) pravda alltogether?

He is proudest of his award from the secretary of Navy, which says, "Lt. Livingston directly participated in project flights in a combat zone, in program planning, scientific data collection and evaluation ... his unwavering devotion to duty were major factors in the outstanding success of the project and were instrumental in the development of a unique, major combat capability for the United States."

Before receiving the citation, Livingston was invited to the White House where he briefed President Lyndon B. Johnson on the effectiveness of weather control activities and the resulting slowing of traffic by the military support trucks bringing supplies to Southeast Asian troops.

"In the 1960s, a national priority of our government was hurricane control," Livingston said. "Silver iodide is used as a nuclei that causes raindrops to form. The original hypothesis is that if you get enough rain or cool air into a hurricane you can diminish its velocity and strength. When I left the military in the 1960s, we had the ability to do that, and reduce wind velocity in hurricanes by 25 percent and damage caused by a hurricane by 63 percent."

Livingston said his research of hurricane control was confirmed by the Stanford Research Institute. The program of controlling hurricanes, though, was mysteriously dropped by the federal government because of, as he termed it, "politics and professional jealousy." Livingston said powerful Washington lobbies control areas preventing the reinstatement of the hurricane-reduction program, and when asked why it has not yet been resinstated, Livingston cites what he calls an "industry of destruction."

www.mywesttexas.com...

What about Ben Livingston then and is that possibly why many of these strong Hurricanes simply run out of steam over warm waters these days?

Ah, let me see, the difference is ........ oh, wait, there isn't any difference! Or maybe, for example, the Galveston hurricane was caused by weather manipulation combined with a time machine? After all, where better to practice that in the past?

Seems logical so now we just need time machines.
As for 'differences' have you heard about the following storm?

"Pick up any text book on hurricanes and it will tell you that the one place where hurricanes do not occur is the South Atlantic Ocean. The atmosphere does not provide enough spin near the surface to get them started and winds higher in the atmosphere tend to shear off any that do make a start. Hence, it was with some amazement that meteorologists watched the first ever recorded hurricane develop off the coast of Brazil in the last week of March."

Catarina hits Brazil

I won;t even bother asking anyone to explain how we manipulate something as powerful as a 'cane (harness one big hurricane's energy and you can power the planet for a year!). But I'll mentioned the word shear and see if anyone can explain it's significance

There is a huge difference between harnessing ( containing it really ) and starting one or manipulating it's course. What do you really need to form a hurricane other than heat a relatively large area above a tropical ocean so as to evaporate water relatively quickly in relation to surrounding areas? If you can do fast enough wont you create a artificially low pressure system that can basically kick of the formation of a tropical storm? How much energy would that relatively small operation require if you had the means to transmit power wirelessly and accurately from a national grid of a given country?

I think i have in the past asked you to look in to interferometry as means to do this?

NEWS BRIEF: "Malaysia to Battle Smog With Cyclones"
by Chen May Yee,
Staff Reporter of the Wall Street Journal
Thursday, November 13, 1997, page A19.

"KULA LUMPUR -- Malaysia's war on smog is about to get a new twist. The government wants to create man-made cyclones to scrub away the haze that has plagued Malaysia since July. 'We will use special technology to create an artificial cyclone to clean the air', said Datuk Law Hieng Ding, minister for science, technology and the environment. The plan calls for the use of new Russian technology to create cyclones -- the giant storms also known as typhoons and hurricanes -- to cause torrential rains, washing the smoke out of the air. The Malaysian cabinet and the finance minister have approved the plan, Datuk Law said. A Malaysian company, BioCure Sdn. Bhd., will sign a memorandum of understanding soon with a government-owned Russian party to produce the cyclone."

"Datuk Law declined to disclose the size of the cyclone to be generated, or the mechanism. 'The details I don't have', he said. He did say, though, that the cyclone generated would be 'quite strong'. Datuk Law also declined to disclose the price of creating the cyclone. But, he said, Malaysia doesn't have to pay if the project doesn't work."

WSJ-Malaysia to Battle Smog With Cyclones

So why don't we just discuss the technical difficulties instead of presuming that it's somehow impossible?

Stellar

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX

Now Stellar, do you really need me to have to point out that ...

"CNN) -- Hurricanes aren't behaving like many of us are used to them behaving. They're bigger and meaner, and more numerous than many people have seen.

Is just global warming nonsense

Why would that be in your knowledgable opinion? Mistranslation perhaps or should we just ignore ( maybe not a bad idea) pravda alltogether?

Pravda.ru is not exactly renowned for reliablity so probably less said the better!

What about Ben Livingston then and is that possibly why many of these strong Hurricanes simply run out of steam over warm waters these days?

Warm waters aren't all hurricanes need. They are effected by wind shear etc as well. Do you have an example of a hurricane that ran out of steam when, according to standard meteorology it should not have? Specifically one this year since that's the subject of the thread?

As for 'differences' have you heard about the following storm?

Indeed, I remember 'Catarina' well. Offered as proof, as I recall, of global warming .... Of course the fact that something hasn't happened ion the past 100 years or so doesn't actually mean it couldn't have happened before. As it;s not been repeated, it stands as a one off anomaly. Some say AGW, I say just weather.

There is a huge difference between harnessing ( containing it really ) and starting one or manipulating it's course.

I know

I think i have in the past asked you to look in to interferometry as means to do this?

You may have done and I apologise for not having done so

NEWS BRIEF: "Malaysia to Battle Smog With Cyclones"

Never did find out what they actually intended to do nor why they never went ahead for the idea.

So why don't we just discuss the technical difficulties instead of presuming that it's somehow impossible?

The technical difficulties start with the fact we still struggle to predict hurricane movement and development even without trying to manipulate them ourselves. Oddly enough, amateurs often prove as good or better than the likes of the NHC.

Anyway, with regards recent hurricanes, perhaps we should really start by asking is there any reason to suppose they are not all entirely natural? Sir William of Ockham and all that

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Essan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join