It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gustav, Hannah, Ike - *3* Hurricanes forming at the same time - coincidence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Gustav Targets US

Below is Gustav's current trajectory:

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

Hannah Targets US

Tropical Storm Hanna on Monday developed into a full-fledged hurricane east of the Bahamas in the Atlantic ocean, US officials reported, as deadly Hurricane Gustav pounded the Gulf Coast near New Orleans.
"Hanna becomes the fourth hurricane of the season," the National Hurricane Center reported in a bulletin, adding that the storm was very near Mayaguana Island in the southeastern Bahamas and packing winds near 75 miles (120 kilometers) per hour.

The NHC said hurricane warnings were issued for the Central Bahamas, Southeastern Bahamas and Turks and Caicos Islands, and that Hanna was churning west-southwest at five miles (seven kilometers) per hour, but was expected to turn northward in a direction of the southeaster US coast.

"Some additional strengthening is forecast during the next 24 hours" as it moves over the Bahamas -- notably Eleuthera and Abaco islands -- and produces up to 12 inches (25 centimeters) of rain through Thursday, it said.

By Friday it is projected to threaten the US coastline near near the Georgia-South Carolina border, giving the United States a second major cyclone to contend with in the same week.

IKE Target Unknown

The ninth tropical storm of the season has maximum sustained winds of 50 mph. At 5 p.m. EDT, the storm was located about 1,400 miles east of the Leeward Islands, and it was moving west near 16 mph.

The storm's projected course late Monday would take it toward the Bahamas over the next several days, but the paths of storms often vary from predictions made several days out.

Forecasters expect the storm to reach hurricane strength in the next 36 hours over warm Atlantic waters.

Are all these hurricanes happening at once and eventually ending up at the US coastline after picking up steam a coincidence?

Could it be the prelude to WWIII in terms of weather engineering as predicted by some prophecies?

It makes you wonder - so many things going on at once.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well, Ike isn't really a hurricane, yet. ( Its barely a tropical storm according to the NHC ( National Hurricane Center )

What about, by looking at the forecast information - that a 4th one is seeming to be forming eastward of Ike?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This kind of talk makes me laugh.
It's the peak of the Tropical Season, and everytime something comes up like this people get their nuggets in a basket and start going insane. Perhaps you have forgotten if TD Ten becomes a named storm it will be in the J category. Where were all of you in 2005 when we had to start the greek alphabet?

We're still here aren't we?

Guys, please give this stuff a rest. It is nature, it will do whatever it wants.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Shugo, look at the freqency over the last several years.

Hurricane Ike will be the 9TH Tropical Storm this season!!

If you look at the last 5-10 years vs. the previous 20 yrs (before that)., you have more in the last 5 than those previous 20 years combined!!

The frequency and strength of these storm systems have increased ten-fold over the last several years.

Notice too, how all these Hurricanes over the last several years are using nearly the same exact trajectory.

Doesn't your Avitar say "Revolt against Ingornance"? You should do that then.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

understanding that weather manipulation is/has been a reality doesn't make one insane by default.

Ill agree that a lot of people do worry and fret too much about things that are out of our control, and tend to jump to wild conclusions.

Weather manipulation is much farther advanced than we, as a citizenry, know about. That will simply lead us to speculation until the information is widely available. Which could be never...

If you look at the weather conditions, they are ripe for hurricanes

tis the season

Worldwide, tropical cyclone activity peaks in late summer, when the difference between temperatures aloft and sea surface temperatures is the greatest. However, each particular basin has its own seasonal patterns. On a worldwide scale, May is the least active month, while September is the most active.--wikipedia

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To the op...also remember the temperatures are changing, remember that there's more muck up weather wise. Everything goes up and down. Since 05, there have been less hurricanes per year, 9 storms named...I can give you almost one hundred years that's happened, where would you like me to start?

I have my proof ready to provide, do you have proof to support your cliams?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
True, it is the season.

But if these are weather engineered, you'd also want to engineer it for optimum build-up. Hot air streams would be conducive fir building up to Catagory 5. The hottest time of year.

Again, the frequency and strength of these storms have increase ten-fold over the last several years.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hotter temperatures do not mean stronger storms, they can actually weaken storms a great deal. If you haven't noticed Gustav was a category 3, Hannah is a 1 right now, and Ike is a Tropical Storm.

None of these have impacted at Category 5, while Gustav was a 4. Strong hurricanes happen. No storm this year has made it to Category 5 status.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Shugo, show me data where any other time in history that there have been numerous Catagory 5 Hurricanes that have hit the US coastline.

Can you provide such data?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

while Gustav was a 4

Hurricane Gustav has swelled into category 5, the highest rating, as it charges ahead towards New Orleans, still recovering from Katrina.

Wind speeds of at least 250kph have been recorded heading for America's Gulf Coast. The memory of the devastation of Hurricane Katrina's assault on New Orleans in 2005 has incited thousands to leave the city while the elderly and ill were moved ahead of the expected mandatory evacuation order on Sunday morning.

Source

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- The FEMA chief now says Gustav has strengthened to a Category 5 storm. Category 5 is the strongest storm rating.

FEMA officials said Bill Read, the director of the National Hurricane Center, interrupted an afternoon teleconference involving the agency, Gulf Coast states and the National Weather Service to say he is going to issue a special advisory statement raising Gustav to Category 5. That means winds greater than 155 mph and a storm surge greater than 18 feet above normal.

Source

Hannah is predicted to reach Cat 4-5 by the time it reaches the US coast.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Category 5 hurricanes to hit the coastline in the last 5 years?...Um...1.

Category 5's in general that haven't hit, probably a good few.

You don't research do you?
I invite you to look at the NHC data archive, while storms have been up and down...in trend the number of impacts have not increased by much.

NHC's homepage:
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

You can see the latest storms there too.

This is where you NEED to look, your data isn't quite accurate.
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

Let me begin:
2007 - 15 named storms - www.nhc.noaa.gov...
2005 - 28 named storms - www.nhc.noaa.gov...
2001 - 15 named storms - www.nhc.noaa.gov...
1997 - 8 named storms - www.nhc.noaa.gov...
1995 - 19 named storms - www.nhc.noaa.gov...
1991 - 8 named storms - www.nhc.noaa.gov...
1977 - 5 named storms - www.nhc.noaa.gov...
1971 - 13 named storms - www.nhc.noaa.gov...
1947 - 9 named storms - www.nhc.noaa.gov...
1921 - 6 named storms - www.nhc.noaa.gov...

Yes, there is a trend.
But there's also more to it. cycles can go up and down. The number of years in double digit storms...exceeds 40. El Nino and La Nina play a lot into it as well.

Look at all that was and wasn't named
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

Of those, on a formation:hit ratio, little hurricanes actually have hit the US, always always always.

I want you to look at this section in particular on this page
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

Climatological Areas of Origin and Typical Hurricane Tracks by Month

Take a look at September especially

and especially the MAJOR hurricane tracks
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

The trend chart:
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

I won't deny an increase in activity, but impact remains the same. Case rests.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Gustav NEVER reached category 5 strength (in the US/Gulf, north of Cuba), it's maximum sustained winds were 160 MPH as it hit Cuba, it made landfall as a Category 3 hurricane with winds at 115 MPH.

Likewise, the probability of Hanna becoming a Category 3 is low:

[edit on 1.9.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Shugo, the original argument was that the frequency of Hurricanes and their strength have increased sigificantly over the last several years.

Now, you are focusing strictly on Category 5 Hurricanes. Any Hurricanes over 120 MPH are highly damaging and several Hurricanes have hit the US coast in recent years.

I asked you to provide data that shows at anytime in history where the number of Hurricanes and their strength were as frequent as they have been in the last several years (and hit the US coastline).

You failed to provide this data.

Instead, you are debating whether Gustav was Cat 5 or not and whether Hannah will be or not.

Even in that context, I posted some references that stated Gustav did reach Cat 5 status at one point.

Now, can you show data in history where the Hurricanes have been as frequent and as strong as they have been in the last several years (and hit the US coast)?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You completely missed my first post didn't you?
Take a look at those graphics I posted, please actually READ before you reply.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

Now you are focuses strictly on category 5 hurricanes

Gee, aren't you?

Shugo, show me data where any other time in history that there have been numerous Catagory 5 Hurricanes that have hit the US coastline.

Can you provide such data?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Of course its weather engineering. If you don't understand what it is go here weatherwars.info...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I will wait for OzWeatherman to take a look at these posts before continuing on. I'd like to know what some of the other weather people on ATS have to say before I continue with this matter. It seems to me that people are looking for what they want to look for in this case.

Ohhh remember that time long ago, where we just lived, and didn't give a damn? What happened to those days?

For the record I don't deny the controlling of weather, but this is getting ridiculous guys.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
2 Cat 5 Hurricanes hit the coast in succession last year - first time it's every happened I think?

And if all these hurricanes are being engineered, what caused all the hundreds of hurricanes in the past? Ah, let me see, the difference is ........ oh, wait, there isn't any difference! Or maybe, for example, the Galveston hurricane was caused by weather manipulation combined with a time machine? After all, where better to practice that in the past?

I won;t even bother asking anyone to explain how we manipulate something as powerful as a 'cane (harness one big hurricane's energy and you can power the planet for a year!). But I'll mentioned the word shear and see if anyone can explain it's significance

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I suggest you study HAARP. It is very real and exists in more than one country. Some very smart scientists have come forward after working on the project for the Department of Defense.

Why is it so hard to believe? Cloud seeding is done all the time to make it rain. Imagine some smart minds working on an engineering effort to make stronger storms.

Weather engineering has been around for years. It's just getting more sophisticated.

Deny Ignorance, right?

[edit on 2-9-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I never said HAARP didn't exist, but the hurricanes are not because of it. Gustav is weakening, the focus now turns to Hanna. Unfortunately though, NOAA does not keep track of "systems in the atlantic at once." It's a big ocean, lots of warm water for storms to form in.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Why is it so hard to believe? Cloud seeding is done all the time to make it rain. Imagine some smart minds working on an engineering effort to make stronger storms.

Why is it so hard to believe that it's a lot more complicated than that?

To control hurricanes we would also need to control ENSO, African dust storms, high pressure systems across the Atlantic, wind shear, sea temperatures and the tracks of any previous storms.

And believe it or not, you can't do all that by warming up the ionosphere - which is all HAARP does. After all, the Sun warms the ionosphere every day

Why is it so hard to believe that hurricanes are not some new phenomena but have been around for billions of years and have been hitting the gulf of Mexico since long before mankind appeared on the planet.

Amazing though it may seem, weather does happen without human intervention

And why is it only on the rare occasion when they happen to hit the USA that anyone bothers raising the idea that tropical cyclones are being manipulated? Talk about paranoia! But don't worry, mother nature really has got it in for you

top topics

<<   2 >>

join