It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kremlin announces that South Ossetia will join 'one united Russian state'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Kremlin announces that South Ossetia will join 'one united Russian state'

www.timesonline.co.uk

The Kremlin moved swiftly to tighten its grip on Georgia’s breakaway regions yesterday as South Ossetia announced that it would soon become part of Russia, which will open military bases in the province under an agreement to be signed on Tuesday.

Tarzan Kokoity, the province’s Deputy Speaker of parliament, announced that South Ossetia would be absorbed into Russia soon so that its people could live in “one united Russian state” with their ethnic kin in North Ossetia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well, I was surprised. I didn't think they'd actually do it.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is good news for the ossetian people. Break away from warmongering american influence and reunificated with their relatives in Northern Ossetia. I wish i was Ossetian today

[edit on 1-9-2008 by ergoli]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
They never wanted to be part of Georgia anyway.
So why didn't the Russians stop it way back then?
Why did they let it get this far?
The allies are going to be annoyed but im sure they will get over it.
After all its a tiny little speck somewhere in Europe.
Georgia wont try anything again.They know they will get smashed by Russia.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I guess it will be just a matter of time ,when crimea will be apart of the USSR...excuse me, Russia.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
SO is nothing but a drug infested smugglers haven so Russia can have it. Russia will pay dearly for Putin's plans. If Russia tries to take Ukraine or any part of it by force then NATO will respond. I don't think that Russia will try that because they have all their best troops that they can count on in Georgia, Its a small force all things considering.

If Russia was so strong they would have taken the Georgian capital but they did not want another Grozny type situation where they get bogged down and take heavy loses.

top topics

join