It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to Astral Project. How to do it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
any suggestions, info, books or links would be appreciated. i've been curious of what can i learn through astral projection.

thanks in advance

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
put no effort into "trying" to project yourself.
just believe you are projecting.
ensure the area you use in your attempt is quiet and comfortable.
there must be no distractive tension in your body
forcus your mind on the silence.

it is this easy
consult the book "astral projection" by Sylvan Muldoon

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i heard that if you close your eyesand visualize yourself falling that might help a lot, and sometimes for me i it helps to kind of role my eyes while my eyes are closed, but NOT, i repaet NOT all the way back in my head so it hurts.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I am interested in links too, hope people respond.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Start by just laying down and relaxing. Take a few deep breaths and try to make your mind empty, no thinking. Then progressively relax your body by tensing and releasing your muscles, starting at your feet and work your way up to your head.

Then just lay there not thinking for 15 minutes and see what happens... post a response of your experience.

Once you have done this you are ready for actual "techniques".

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hey guys do a simple google search and it will give loads of results. I have been doing it for a while and it comes in stages. I have also actually tried to start threads about it with no luck, most people here are more into just reading about conspiracies and wars and spirituality and arguing about things than to actually try something which can open many more doors for you. I projected this morning round about 11 am i find it best works if you get alot of sleep, and then wake up for and hour or so and then go back to sleep, with this constatnly on your mind , so say you wake up at 8 go back to sleep at 9 if nothing the next day try it again and read up about it also. you might find it starts off as lucid dreaming but once in that state you strat to,learn how to project. It is really amazing and cool experience lately i have been doing it once every 2 weeks or so but man its getting interesting. dont be afraid whne you realize that you are in another plane take it easy and flow with it the more you do it the bettter and easier it gets , but it take stime

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SUMDUMONKEY

Hey There,

Here is an excellent guide to Astral Travel, from the basics up.

Samael Aun Weor - Dream Yoga: Writings on Dreams and Astral Travel

www.amazon.co.uk...

or in the USA direct from the publisher;

www.gnosticbooks.org...

Bon Chance!

Cal

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Real easy. Just go to sleep but let your mind remain conscience. Yes it is that simple. After you do AP you can go to Area 51 and other places like when bush is taking a #.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
any suggestions, info, books or links would be appreciated. i've been curious of what can i learn through astral projection.

thanks in advance

This might help, no offense but next time could you do a search?

Lucid Dreaming and Astral Planes

How to do Astral Projection

OOBE made easy

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The Monroe Institute has some products that might be of interest to you. Check out their "Discovery" series "wave 1" audio products. (to the best of my knowledge) Robert Monroe was the first to use binaural beats to help induce certain levels of consciousness (trance states). Now there are lots of people publishing Hemi-Sync-like products.

Google The Monroe Institute.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Sumdumonkey is right about breaking the sleep pattern. However my own experience is to wake around 4/5am.
Force yourself if your feeling groggy and are tempted to just go back to sleep. I go downstairs, make tea and watch t.v for up to an hour, then when I go back to bed I am more likely to have a lucid dream, which I believe is one step away from projection. It doesn't work every time, at least not for me, but it has certainly increased my lucid dreaming and when it happens, I repeat to myself "Stay in control."
The more lucid dreams I experience, the more I am able to control the dream.
I have had two this week and like you, I am hoping my experience will lead to full and controlled projection.
Hope this helps and I hope we will get some feed back from your experiences.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

You can always also try reading out this explanation, hopefully it isn't too resentful

-v

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I suggest you start here:

and then:

and then:

and then here:

I have read Mr. Monroe’s books, and another thirty odd books on this subject. I have been practicing OOBE for a year now and I can say that I am very pleased with my experiences. I hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i used this one for both astral projecting and lucid dreams ( still cant lucid dream yet but can astral project and it is fun) oneflynangel.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree with Sumdumonkey as well--I've had success with the technique he's suggesting, also.

And Awakened Sleeper--those books are excellent. Sylvan Mundoon's book is interesting, also...as are Robert Bruce's.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
for me, astral traveling has to do with sound. if you vocalize at the lowest register for a sustained amount of time your thoughts would clear. and if you rest and focus on your surroundings, then the mind goes beyond that. if your focus goes further and further amongst the physical plain, then you should try to make sense of the scenery around you. this takes careful thought and years of practice but the end result is quite resourceful.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I can get into a very relaxed state but I have no idea how anyone is able to "empty their mind" and not focus on anything. My thoughts just run wild. Yet if I am focusing on thinking about nothing am I not then thinking as I try to focus on nothing?
I think the closest I've ever been able to get is a strong spinning sensation.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

There are free lectures here on how to regularly perform astral travelling;

Gnostic Teachings

Gnostic Radio

top topics

join