It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars rock that move's from under a cliff!!!!HOW?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

what i can't get is..it move's or skip's from under the cliff..if you see my point.

like it was in the shade then moved out.

name of the original picture is 1198110289_20992-2_Sol1342_56_CapeVerde_Superres_4x

for some reason i can't find it again on nasa's website...and i know that's where i got the picture.

i will search for it again to give u link.

but what is that..and how can a rock slide or skip..if its a rock from the bottom of a cliff face or under it as the picture say's it was?

that's just weird if you ask me lol

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

It is an odd picture, but how do you figure the rock skipped? Both pictures show the rock in the same place with some sort of shadowing next to it. But I dont see where it moved.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
To me it looks like a rock shelf that's partially obscured by layers of sand.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I guess I have seen too much lately, or too little but what I find interesting are the other shapes on the picture. How long is the line of that which you see as a skid mark from the rock? I see it as possible habitat.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
if you look the hill goes down hill the other way.

not the way the rock went.

if those are skid or jump mark's.

either way still weird to me. perplexing

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
img234.imageshack.us...

look at that picture...

downhill is the other way..
so why did it move or something move skid mark wise toward the rock?

basically is the rock fell from the shelf or cliff...why didn't it roll down hill?

it went almost uphill lol

and those look like skid mark's..

as if a golf ball hit and skipped kinda deal,or foot steps..you get the idea lol

and not to mention that skidmark is coming from under that shelf or cliff thing...in the shade...
so it couldn't have been dropped off the shelf.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It's on a slope, maybe it rolled downhill? Most rocks don't give a clean roll due to their shape. This rock is particularly irregular, so maybe that's the case?
Edit 'cause I didn't refresh the page:
It's actually kind of a slanted slope. If there was a sand slip, and the rock came loose, a irregularshape could cause a odd roll pattern.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't think those are marks in the sand made from the rock moving, I think that is a line of rock that is partially buried in the sand so that only the top tip is showing.

new topics

top topics

join