It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President and Vice-President Chemistry Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Is "chemistry" in the team that will run the nation important?

This was a very interesting story I came across and I wanted to see how other people are seeing the chemistry between the two top "teams".

Obama and Biden Chemistry

After 19 months of campaigning as the sole focus of attention, the moment was a telling one for Obama, who is learning to share the spotlight—for better and for worse—with a man whose personality is almost polar opposite of his own.

Historians like to say that chemistry between a candidate and his running mate is of little importance - ultimately the public is electing the nominee, not his sidekick. Certainly recent history is littered with successful tickets that were not exactly in love with one another: Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush, Dwight D. Eisenhower and Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson come to mind. But the last two vice presidents, Gore and Cheney, have changed the way the public views the office by elevating the importance of the role — and, in the process, of the rapport between the two highest office holders in the land.

Since Obama chose Biden, I have marveled at the wonderful chemistry between the two. They are comfortable having their arms around each other and waving to the crowd... they just seem to genuinely like each other and have the most wonderful chemistry.

I don't have an article about the McCain/Palin chemistry, but when I've seen them together, they seem totally uncomfortable, as if they don't fit together. I don't know if this will improve as they get to know each other or not.

But my thought is that I wonder if the chemistry may subconsciously affect people's approval and feelings of support about them in the coming couple of months.

What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Look at that second picture of McCain. Who in the world could be comfortable with that guy? He looks like a sleezeball.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Look at that second picture of McCain. Who in the world could be comfortable with that guy? He looks like a sleezeball.

I wonder what you would look like, if you had went through what that "sleezball" went through?

I will refrain adding the part about "while you were poopin in your diapers..."

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Actually, I wasn't even born when he was in Vietnam.

That brings up another point though. Aside from the fact that McCain is merely a soulless shell of his corporate masters and has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in common with you or I, I hope to god we don't elect a 7 year POW into office.

Editing to add: It is amazing what putting a hot brunette on your ticket will do for you. I wonder why nobody has done it before. Here is how it goes: "My VP candidate is Gov. Palin from Alaska." *poof* Everyone forgets that this man has extreme anger management issues and likes telling jokes about bombing the country that literally, at this very moment, holds nearly all of the world's stability in its survival. (Iran)... Keep your mind on the issues that matter here, people. Please!

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I agree that there's some kind of chemistry there, they seem to at least be comfortable in each others space and seem pretty relaxed. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it is just playing to the crowd, but I'd also like to think they probably get along decently enough off camera.

McCain and Palin look pretty awkward together whenever I've seen them on the television or in photos, but I'll save my reactions until the convention gets under way, because then we'll really see how they perform together.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

I agree on McCain and Palin, but I think that's mostly because of McCain's past injuries. He always has that rigid stance about him. It makes him look a bit awkward when someone else is on stage and moving more naturally than he seems to be able to.

new topics

top topics

join