It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I no longer have trust in anything in the world.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
One of my favorite verses, never ceases to inspire.

From the day when I came to love the Life,
from the day when my heart came to love the Truth.
I no longer have trust in anything in the world.
In father and mother I have no trust in the world.
In brothers and sisters I have no trust in the world.
In what is made and created I have no trust in the world.
In the whole world and it's work I have no trust in the world.
After my soul alone I go searching about,
which to me is worth generations and worlds.
I went and found my soul -
what are all the worlds to me?
I went and found Truth
as she stands at the outer rim of the worlds.

- Ginza Verse 390

[edit on 1-9-2008 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
my apologies to anyone that was expecting a cynical / suicidal rant.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

I'd just like to say that pursuit of Truth is a worthy purpose to anyone's life.

Profound. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

please get yourself a companion bible by dr. bullinger which has a large index in it explaining the mistakes made by the copiests and translaters.
read it for yourself and ignore people like me till you find out G-D's plans and opinion for yourself.
1 of the verses says,trust no man.i agree;you will always end up disappointed eventually if you trust others to think for you.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
please get yourself a companion bible by dr. bullinger which has a large index in it explaining the mistakes made by the copiests and translaters.

actually, this is a verse from the Ginza Rba (aka Book of Adam). It is not in the companion bible. In fact, it hasn't even been fully translated to english yet.

read it for yourself and ignore people like me till you find out G-D's plans and opinion for yourself.

huh?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

sorry wasn't aware that you had already read the bible end to end-----if you have then it should be easier to sort out those that are ethical from those that can't be trusted in this world 1 iota.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

yes, i've read a few bibles. funny thing is, every time I read the bible, it all seems brand new (until you get to numbers, that is... )

Honestly, I do not find regular biblical compilations enough. The Nag Hammadi is a great companion, along with the rest of the apocrypha, gospel of lilith, newly discovered gospel of judas, book of enoch, etc.

It's a shame that so much of the original writings have been corrupted over the years.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well this quote is interesting..

Think about it.. We as kids are hidden from many things in life growing up..

We enter the world.. no matter how.... We are in for a shock most of the time.. The things we were never taught.. Think make some literally insane.. Others adapt..

But regardless I agree with what was said..

Then all the way to the point of death we try and find what truth is.. whether it is god, 9/11, science, or whatever.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Yes, the eternal quest for truth. No one can show you the truth, you have to find it for yourself. Others may be able to lead you to truth, but if you don't apprehend it yourself you haven't found it. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey

sorry wasn't aware that you had already read the bible end to end-----if you have then it should be easier to sort out those that are ethical from those that can't be trusted in this world 1 iota.

Which "Bible" though?

There are some serious PERversions out there today.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

One of my favorite verses, never ceases to inspire.

We all stand alone
in the midst of this Earth,
pierced by a ray of sunshine
and it is quickly evening.

Don't follow books, find yourself.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zedda Piras

Wow. And this is the book of Adam.

I will find me one of them!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
In the pursuit of truth, I've found that once you start seeing things for yourself, everybody is against you. Even your own family can hurt you, not sure if they mean to, but the complete reversal of feeling loved to being hated and attacked will come, unless you've got a family or group of friends full of mentally free mystics or something. Some call that paranoia, but it's happened to me. You just gotta... learn to keep yourself company, because the truth IS a lonely one.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

Truth comes to all men/women in different forms. I have found truth in a great number of books. First and formost in the Bible. I have also learned much in the Gnostic books. This touches on the issue that you spoke of that some may scorn you for the places in which you seek YOUR truth. I will not mislead you though, I am a Christian man and that lets youknow where I found my truth. I just feel that truthand light is to be found in a great many places.

For Scientist. isthe book of Adam in the Apocrypha or do you have to look for it seperate??? Please U2U

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."

John Keats

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You know what funny the pursit of truth end of telling you lies and half truths. Mostly because people are miss in formed. But the truth of the bible always rings true. No matter how bad its sounds.

top topics

join