It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/1/08 - Weekly Special Report: Must Reads from Karl Denninger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
As promised, I am starting my weekly feature from KD. His "Tickers" are prolific, profound and educational if you really want to know. I intend to share with you here, one of his commentaries a week, but for my first one, I am going back to a February Ticker, due to it's relevance and implications, and as your introduction. Also because the Title is just so appropriate for a first feature

The Most Important Ticker You Will Read This Year - UPDATED

First let's disspell some myths, if that's what you want to call them, since actually much of what you are hearing through the media are flat out lies in my honest opinion.

Many market crooners and "technicians" have been stating that "The Fed is hyperinflating to bail out the economy."

The facts say otherwise.

This has profound investment implications.

If you are investing today on the premise that "The Fed has our backs", you're wrong.
If you are buying metals in the belief that The Fed is intentionally devaluing the dollar and hyperinflating the money supply, you're wrong.
If you think The Fed is intentionally being "the bagholder of last resort", monetizing bad debt, you're wrong.
If you think The Fed leads the market and sets rates, again, you're wrong. (Read the entire PDF - very carefully - you will find that The Fed is in fact following the market, and admits so!)
There simply is no more debate on any of these points, because we now have the actual data from the Horse's Mouth.

Now let's look at just a few facts:

We now know the facts of life:

Fact: The good collateral has all been pledged.
Fact: The margin credit supply has been decreased.
Fact: Risk capacity is being withdrawn actively by The Fed.
Fact: The money supply is deflating.

Even though this is more quoting than I normally would put into a regular post, what is here pales with what you will find on the link above. There are a lot of implications in what is being said here, hopefully, enough of you will see it and find it worthy of further discussion.

Time to begin understanding & questioning what is going on financially in the US and it's implications for the World. Please feel free to go wild with your speculations on this material in this thread, but be advised no "tin foil" should be posted to KD's Board, out of respect for his TOS - Thanks.

Get educated before it's too late, but please don't feel that you can't debate this information freely just because it's being posted by your FSME

Brought to you with permission of market-ticker.denninger.net...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I loved the last article!

"In the last 20 years we have gone from a nation that innovates in technology to one that innovates in finding new ways to steal. And make no mistake, that's what "financial innovation" really is - its a way to steal. All this "innovation" produces nothing and relies on the gullibility of the "investor" to believe that 2 + 2 can be made to equal 5. This is the history of our last 20 years of "innovation" in America, and I heard nothing - absolutely nothing - from the Democrats that indicates that they recognize this as a problem or intend to stop it."

Bet you hit the nail on the head. A few things many people do not know is that our gold and silver "paper" investments are not real.

Monex and others have oversold actual gold & silver 10s to 100s times (nobody knows for sure) over and it is vapor. Gold and silver is nothing unless you have the physical bar or coin as this "paper" is worthless (or soon could be).

Bottom line, "affordable" farm land (god is making any more of it) to grow your own produce, Food, and ammo are 3 things that are good investments in troubled times.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I believe very strongly that there are vested interests controlling major market funds that are able to move the market at their whim in order to bleed others of their money. Much like the FED bleeds the people of the United States at a rate of 6% per dollar in circulation for the accrued wealth of certain European and American privately owned banks.

Years ago there was a saying that "He who dies with the most toys Wins", which was a great way to convince people to buy everything they could, usually by credit. The Saying in these banks is "Aquire all the wealth you can at the cost of everyone else."

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Bottom line, "affordable" farm land (god is [NOT] making any more of it) to grow your own produce, Food, and ammo are 3 things that are good investments in troubled times.

Here in the US, Canada, Australia and in the European Union there are plans to remove individuals from that farmland and/or make it impossible to grow anything without massive red tape. If you want the long boring indepth look at the progress towards a monopoly of the world food supply. see www.abovetopsecret.com...'

SLEEPWALK TO STARVATION
With hindsight, it was the late 1990's and the first decade of the 21st Century when farming went into irreversible decline as it lurched and staggered like a perpetual drunkard from crisis to disaster....warmwell.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

“ It is no longer a secret that the present UK government would like to be shot of farming altogether. On the January 3rd Today programme we heard that meetings convened by Defra had discussed whether UK farming was needed at all. Defra has dropped the word 'farming' from its title and, as global recession is at last being openly talked about, the UK government still talks glibly of being in a "post agricultural era"....”

...” big investors are "hurriedly moving their wealth out of stocks and shares and into farmland...." The Times article suggests that, "Across the world, hedge fund managers, property developers and other investors" are all ready to buy up British farmland.”

“Barton Briggs, one of Wall Street's most legendary investment strategists, is advising the rich and powerful to buy up farms and stock them with "seed, fertiliser, canned food. wine, medicine. clothes etc."

warmwell.blogspot.com...

The Last Farm

April 3 2008 ~ "paperwork and restrictions on what farmers can do is a problem - it takes up around 60 per cent of Mr Lawton's time"
We are grateful to FMD News at fmd.ucdavis.edu... for this extract from the Swindon Advertiser: "...Robert Lawton, of North Farm, near Aldbourne, is an arable and dairy farmer who owns around 3,700 acres of land.... North Farm is the last working dairy farm left for miles. Mr Lawton said: "Ten years ago there were probably three or four others or more - all my neighbours have given up." Due to the problems of TB and foot and mouth, now compounded by blue tongue disease, the policing of Wiltshire's farmers by government monitors Defra looks likely to increase. He said: "It`s become incredibly bureaucratic and it`s completely over-powered by bureaucrats - there must be two civil servants in Defra for every farmer in the countryside... .However, Mr Lawton does believe the farming community can be helped by public demand for local products.."
www.warmwell.com...

Enjoy your last good Thanksgiving in November. January 2009 is the start of the end of USA freedom to farm

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Good catch!

In fact the only Real Estate actually rising in value right now is farmland, and there has to be more to it than developers eating it up, since no one is buying houses right now. Something is going on and who the buyers are (who seem to have an inside track on this) is rather disturbing.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Of course TPTB don't want people buying up all the farm land, thats where they are going to be living. Do you honestly think that the earth can sustain the amount of people it has living on it without oil?? seriously?

If they own all the land they own all the food.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

The Third World War is now taking place in farmer's fields throughout the world and the average person refuses to see it. The plan to take over American agriculture is in place and the battle is being waged in silence. In January 2009 NAIS will become law without ever being voted on by Congress. Check out what Premise ID actually does to property (it is just the beginning) tech.groups.yahoo.com...

I sometimes wonder if the home lending collapse was done to devalue farms before the corporation's big move to buy up farmland.

“ the automaker Mitsubishi, which also controls the second largest bank in the world, has become one of the world's largest beef processors, demonstrating the degree to which capital has flocked to the agribusiness sector....” Source: W. Heffernan, "Concentration Of Agricultural Markets," Unpublished paper, Department of Rural Sociology University of Missouri-Columbia (October, 1997).
www.counterpunch.org...

“....big investors are "hurriedly moving their wealth out of stocks and shares and into farmland...." The Times article suggests that, "Across the world, hedge fund managers, property developers and other investors" are all ready to buy up British farmland. www.deepjournal.com...

Barton Briggs, one of Wall Street's most legendary investment strategists, is advising the rich and powerful to buy up farms and stock them with "seed, fertiliser, canned food. wine, medicine. clothes etc." (and the "etc" would seem to mean guns to keep away the rest of us...)

warmwell.blogspot.com...

Communism ~~ the government owns the means and method of production.
fascism ~~ the government controls the means and method of production

No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session. Mark Twain

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blurryone

If they own all the land they own all the food.

Congradulations! You understand it. I can not believe the number of people who look at all the proposed world wide regulations and do not see the regs are used to drive all but the wealthy off the land

I expect disease/vaccine will be used to thin the ranks. Farmers are looking at the move of the disease lab of Plum Island with great suspicion butnerblogspot.wordpress.com...

The news item below certainly does not leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling. I think this is why Congress is not concerned about Social Security. Kill off most of the baby boomers in an epidemic and the problem goes away. After all boomers are now useless to corporations and are too well educated for the NWO.

In the case of a flu pandemic — yes, say government officials in a new report.

Doctors know some patients needing lifesaving care won't get it in a flu pandemic or other disaster. The gut-wrenching dilemma will be deciding who to let die.

Who will die in the event of a pandemic? The very old, seriously hurt, severely burned and those with severe dementia, according to an influential group of physicians.

The group has drafted a grimly specific list of recommendations for which patients wouldn't be treated. www.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join