Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Will Having Poor African Relatives Really Impress World Leaders?

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Seriously, I thought this was a joke when I first read it. Barry O. actually said this:

"The day I'm inaugurated, not only will the country look at itself differently, but the world will look at America differently," Obama told an audience in Audubon, Iowa, last month, "because not only do I have the experience of working at the highest levels of government on foreign policy but also because the leaders of others counties will know that I've got family members that live in small villages in Africa that are poor so I know what they're going through."

Source

1. Is Obama really that wacked to think that foreign leaders like Vladimir Putin or Armadinajad give a rat's ass that he has poor relatives in Africa?

2. Since his audience was American voters, does he really think American's are so stupid that anybody would believe this idiocy and find it a reason to vote for him?

"Yup... that does it. I'm going to vote for Barry O. now that I know he has them poor relatives living in Africa. That's going to give him so much more street cred when he sits down to negotiate with Kim Jong II."

I wonder if this will be a main theme that Barry O. goes to in the debates when he compares his experience with McCain's.

McCain -23 years as a Navy officer, 26 years in the Senate.
Obama -"Well... um.... I have poor relatives living in African villages..."

So let's stick to the subject of this thread and not derail it with insults and diversions about why you don't think McCain would make a better POTUS.

Here's the question:

Does anybody here believe that any foreign leader will care that Obama has poor relatives living in African villages?

Or was this just a way for Obama to *attempt* to relate to the poor black voters here in the U.S? Since he has no poor black friends or relatives here, he had to mention he has poor black relatives living in villages in Africa?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Can someone point out where he got his "experience of working at the highest levels of government on foreign policy"? Because, back in April he was mocking this type of experience.

But Mr. Obama has argued that his rivals’ longer official record is no substitute for his real-life grass-roots experience. “Foreign policy is the area where I am probably most confident that I know more and understand the world better than Senator Clinton and Senator McCain,” he said in his remarks in San Francisco.

“Experience in Washington is not knowledge of the world,” he continued, provoking laughter among those present. “This I know. When Senator Clinton brags, ‘I’ve met leaders from 80 countries,’ I know what those trips are like. I’ve been on them. You go from the airport to the embassy. There’s a group of children who do a native dance. You meet with the C.I.A. station chief and the embassy and they give you a briefing. You go take a tour of plant that” with “the assistance of Usaid has started something. And then, you go.”

www.nytimes.com...

And now he's touting his official top level Washington foreign policy experience? With only 143 days as a Senator, how much top level experience could he have garnered?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Remember, this is coming from some one who often says "I am my brothers keeper".

Yet, his only brother lives in a village in Africa on $12 a month.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i think the reaction will be
"he is a multimillionair but his brother lives in a hut on $12 a year?"
ooh yeah, he is his brother's keeper allright...

keeping him waay out of the way.

new topics

join