It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin announces daughter is pregnant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
And what astounds me even more is that people are pointing out the fact that this is calculated to remove votes from the dems while others are saying that the dems should leave the issue alone!!!! Absurd! This is a complete mockery of our election process. It is disgusting and shameful!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Congratulations to her! I am assuming John Edwards isn't the father.

Yes, you are correct in that assumption. Apparently, the father and soon to be husbands name is Levi.

I would be even more willing to bet that this entire fiasco is a calculated move. It is designed to keep us scratching our heads and debating the insanity of it all while not looking at the bigger picture here. The bigger picture is that we are about to put the biggest war mongering president we have ever seen into office because we are being literally blindsided by this type of garbage!

A calculated move? I'm not able to view it that way and find it highly doubtful, but in this day and age I suppose anything is possible.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Honestly to me, it isn't even a question anymore. I entertained the thought for about a minute before dismissing it. But now it is obvious.

Yes, Trig is her granddaughter. I would wager on it. But that isn't even the point. The point is that this is pointless. I would be even more willing to bet that this entire fiasco is a calculated move. It is designed to keep us scratching our heads and debating the insanity of it all while not looking at the bigger picture here. The bigger picture is that we are about to put the biggest war mongering president we have ever seen into office because we are being literally blindsided by this type of garbage!

This entire thing is completely and utterly OUTRAGEOUS!

If this thing weren't calculated, the entire GOP would be organizing a lynch-mob as we speak to forcibly remove her from the RNC!... Oh wait, we still aren't even having one of those as of yet!

ARRRGGHHH!!!

Um, you do realize that Trig is 4 months old and Bristol is 5 months pregnant.......so, yeah, this was released simply to prove that Bristol could not be the mother of trig.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
reply to post by mybigunit

Erm... so what to democrats claim? The immoral highground? The moral lowground? The amoral underground?

I dont think the Democrats have claimed the moral high ground in elections. Its the republicans. This is why they always get the "religious vote" because they claim to be the "moral" party. Listen affairs and crap happen in both parties make no mistake but the dems dont claim the holy high ground like the republicans.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Yes, Trig is her granddaughter. I would wager on it.

Jay, perhaps when you joined ATS someone promised you that there wasn't going to be any math involved.

It is September 1st. She is 5 months pregnant, which means she conceived in either late March or early April.

Trig Palin was born on April the 18th.

If all the photographic evidence wasn't enough to kill that rumor, this announcement should do it. Now, come on, Jay.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The Major is amused, but not that Sarah Palin's 17 year old daughter is pregnant, but that this will cause untold angst among the Democratic Attack Dogs. Nothing would make the rumpled suit liberal club happier than to skewer the "all American hockey mom" but doing it with a 17 year pregnant daughter does pose some problems. Perhaps she'll get an abortion, ditch the soon to be hubby and shack up with some mullet haired, coaches short wearing softball player; that's about the only happy ending for the Dems.

The Major is firmly grounded in reality, and as such, realizes that there is a scant chance that there will be a long term stable relationship that will provide a nurturing home for the grandson/daughter of Governor Palin. The short term issue is one that can be best summed up in a single word, "non."

Dismissed.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Major Discrepancy]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
hehe. Heres the thing...this is why you dont throw rocks in glass houses and you see this constantly in the republican party. You have these people claiming the moral highground and moral authority and everytime scandels like the gay sex, or hitting on men in bathrooms, hitting on young pages, affairs, pre wed pregnancies. This is what I cant stand about the republicans of today. The fact is Sara Palin and her daughters are human. Im glad to hear they like to have sex frankly I think Id bang Palin BUT the hypocrisy of the party is disgusting. They need to just kick the whole moral high ground agenda. It wont happen because they want that evangelical vote.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by mybigunit]

MBU, Did John Edwards slide over to the Republican Party when I wasn't looking? A man who's platform was/is "there are two Americas"? or perhaps you prefer this one... Massachusetts Democrat Barney Frank, who has admitted that he had an affair with a male prostitute. ...

The hypocrisy transcends party lines, DC is full of politicians that you and I refuse to hold accountable because we re-elect them time after time. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid, it exists on both sides of the isle.

[edit on 9/1/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm very glad that a few of you have pointed out the fact that it would be physically impossible for Bristal to be the mother of Trig. For whatever reason, some people will deny that fact and continue to make these wild accusations.

The Gallup poll this morning showed McCain at 48% and Obama with 42%. I wonder how this announcement will impact that.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Listen affairs and crap happen in both parties make no mistake but the dems dont claim the holy high ground like the republicans.

You didn't say "holy high ground", you said "moral highground". Every honest broker on both sides of the aisle believes that they are championing morality be it social issues or banking law.

If by "moral" you originally meant "holy" or "religious" then that's one thing. But I don't think that there is a moral argument to shame a girl for getting pregnant if she marries the father. If we did the math on all women's wedding days and first delivery days (before Roe v Wade in states where abortion was illegal), we'd find a lot of evidence that Bristol Palin is not an unusual case.

What is unusual in this day and age is that she has decided to give her baby life and a family. She stands on the moral highground and I commend her for it.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

Um, you do realize that Trig is 4 months old and Bristol is 5 months pregnant.......so, yeah, this was released simply to prove that Bristol could not be the mother of trig.

Thank you,

Poor kid, it can happen to the best of us, let it go, those who salivate over this really are not doing yourselves or the democaratic party any favors,

It could very well back fire on them.

[edit on 123030p://bMonday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The condescending remarks are cute. I'll change my mind when I can see some ultrasound pictures or something. I still stand by the fact that this reeks of something. What, I'm not quite sure. Coincidences like this don't happen very often.

Aside from that, if you reread my post, you'll see that I'm less upset with my suspicions that she could potentially be the grandmother than I am upset with the entire charade that is being paraded in front of our faces.

I would like to throw in that I don't hope to do the democratic party any favors either.

The entire problem with this election is that we aren't being given the chance to debate the election. It is ONE thing after ANOTHER. Worse than any election I've seen to date. In fact, this one pales the others in comparison. This entire thing is a joke!

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Jay, this in no way diminishes Palin's many accomplishments in Alaska, and her 80% approval rating must be for some reason, after all.

I know how much it HURTS, but how about SOME credit where CREDIT is due.

I bet in her wildest dreams she never imagined people would accuse her of pretending her baby was really her daughters,

There were mass emails sent out by the Obama campaign to do this to Palin,

I pray for karma.

[edit on 123030p://bMonday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The entire problem with this election is that we aren't being given the chance to debate the election.

I think after this week, the chaos will die down and we will begin to get back to the actual issues ... at least until October rolls around and both sides unleash their "October surprises"

Does anyone think that Palin may end up dropping out as a result of public reaction to this news?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Oh, I'm sure Palin has made some good decisions. But her decisions on outsourcing and abuse of office are things I'm concerned about. You guys can keep sucking on the mammary all you like, but this woman is guaranteed to follow suit with each and every wrongheaded policy that has been set in place over the last eight years, mark my words.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The condescending remarks are cute. I'll change my mind when I can see some ultrasound pictures or something.

The Major is still waiting for Bill Clinton's medical records to be released, he was merely POTUS for eight years and his privacy was sacrosanct, yet you would like to invade the privacy of a private citizen who is a minor no less. Spoken like a true partisan hack, never mind Federal Law, you'd like to smear some poor girl to get to her mother.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hell, I could even NAME a few of her finer points, but she has screwed up as well. We are already seeing that her screwups are coming out and she hasn't even been in the picture for 72 hours yet!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Major Discrepancy

I'll go ahead and clear this up once and for all. I have my suspicions and I'm not going to change my mind.
Now, your wannabe authorative posting will hold some substance once you see me petitioning for medical records or something to that effect. It won't happen and I know it won't happen.
For the third time now though, I will state once again that the possibility of this being a sham pales in comparison to the sheer audacity that has become of this ENTIRE campaign... BOTH SIDES. Try some reading comprehension before you jump to conclusions. K?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Hell, I could even NAME a few of her finer points, but she has screwed up as well. We are already seeing that her screwups are coming out and she hasn't even been in the picture for 72 hours yet!

Just curious. How do these "screw ups" compare to Biden totally lifting an entire speech and lying about his family background when he was running for POTUS?

In September 1987, the campaign ran into trouble when he plagiarized a speech by Neil Kinnock, then-leader of the British Labour Party.[35] Kinnock’s speech included the lines: "Why am I the first Kinnock in a thousand generations to be able to get to university?" Then pointing to his wife in the audience, he continued: "Why is Glenys the first woman in her family in a thousand generations to be able to get to university? Was it because all our predecessors were thick?" While Biden’s speech included the lines: "I started thinking as I was coming over here, why is it that Joe Biden is the first in his family ever to go to a university?" Then, pointing to his wife: "Why is it that my wife who is sitting out there in the audience is the first in her family to ever go to college? Is it because our fathers and mothers were not bright? Is it because I'm the first Biden in a thousand generations to get a college and a graduate degree that I was smarter than the rest?"

Source

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The condescending remarks are cute. I'll change my mind when I can see some ultrasound pictures or something.

So the biological impossibility isn't enough for you? Granted, there have been a handful of cases where women conceived a child when they were already pregnant but those cases are few and far between and I am 99.99% sure this is NOT one of those cases!

Major, I think you summed it up very well in your post regarding Clinton's medical records and people trying to get information on a minor.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

How about the firing of an elected Alaskan official because of his refusal to fire someone she had a personal vendetta with? This is corruption on a level that is off the charts.

Oh, and make no mistake that Biden was wrong also. Difference is, that has been in the limelight for TWENTY YEARS now. People have moved on.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join