It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin announces daughter is pregnant

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
One of the liberal female CNN talking heads today was saying that Palin was not being a good mother, because she has an infant child with Downs Syndrome and a seventeen year old pregnant daughter, and should be staying home.

Amazing! These are the same liberals that say that women should be in the workplace, and have the capacity to handle their family also.

You can't have it both ways. Which do you REALLY believe, LIBERALS?

Oh, I think I know the answer. Conservative and Moderate womens' place is in the kitchen, but liberals can handle both.

What hypocrites!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

it's worse than you think.
i've come to the conclusion that conservative females are being hampered from having a voice because it would begin to dispell the illusion that we are
these backwards idiots, and not americans like the rest of the nation.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I think that liberals are really running scared because of Sarah Palin. My wife wasn't really happy with either Obama or McCain, but she's thrilled now that she can vote for a REAL woman, in her words. She is a registered independent, by the way, not a Republican.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Editing to make clear that disinformation CAN BE completely unintentional. I'm not alleging that any particular person is engaged in a deliberate disinfo campaign. Just that EVERYONE is acting like a goddamned puppet.

Dude you were one of the FIRST and most VOLATILE on the topic, now you are saying everyone should shut up about it because you think it should not be discussed?

Sheesh if it upsets you that much don't pull up the threads. Don't read the threads. Don't respond to the threads.

Pretty simple stuff.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I think you aren't understanding quite what I was jumping on in the first place. I tried, three specific and different times to explain that my beef wasn't with what I personally thought of Palin, but of the entire circus that this election has become.

The realization that I was misled only made my resolve that much more firm. Please read through what I said and process it.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
And no, I don't think this stuff SHOULDN'T be discussed. It most certainly should. But not the bull# we've already been discussing.

This stuff is beaten into the ground.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

how are you being misled? we have no evidence yet of anything. all we know at this juncture is that he chose a woman vp and the nation erupted into a fit of "i hate moms."

[edit on 2-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I am not accusing anyone on this website of misleading me. I won't respond beyond that to your question.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I tried, three specific and different times to explain that my beef wasn't with what I personally thought of Palin, but of the entire circus that this election has become.

I understand your frustration and your point of view and I thank you for explaining it multiple times.

I agree that this election has become a circus.

In the case of Palin, she was a surprise to everyone and people weren't prepared to go after her so I think people started doing anything and everything they could think of to start the attacks.

I mentioned earlier that I am optimistic that people will soon tire of all of this and that once Palin is officially nominated and the Republican convention is behind us, the debates will begin and we will all get back on track with the issues.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
And to try to use this situation to portray her as a REAL AMERICAN because her failure as a mother resulted in her daughter been pregnant is just completely atrocious and intellectually dishonest.

I find it absurd that you would think that her daughter's pregnancy is the result of her failure as a mother!

Did your mother tell you when you could or could not have sex or did you decide on your own?

My parents believed and drilled into me that sex was for after marriage, however in my late teen years I decided that the choice was mine to make and it had absolutely nothing to do with my parents.

I don't know much about Palin's parenting skills so I'm not going to say wether I think she is a good parent or not but I do feel that her daughter's pregnancy in no way reflects a failure on the mother's part. I'm sure Palin talked to her daughter plenty of times about her belief on abstinence, however, the daughter is old enough to choose wether or not she is ready to have sex, she just needs to understand that any consequences that result in the choice she made for herself are fully her responsibility and I think she knows that.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

mentioned earlier that I am optimistic that people will soon tire of all of this and that once Palin is officially nominated and the Republican convention is behind us, the debates will begin and we will all get back on track with the issues.

That would be nice, but I'm afraid that the MSM will still continue to harp on relatively meaningless tripe, because unfortunately, it seems to help their ratings. Remember, these are the same networks and cable "news" shows that brought you the "OJ show" for two solid years, 24 by 7.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Jemison: Thank you for understanding.

This is not a partisan issue with me. I believe you understand that. There are serious faults with all cadidates involved here. I just can't believe that people are so overcome with the petty issues that they are WILLFULLY disregarding those which actually matter to you and I.

Sure, I jumped all over her. I accused her of raising her daughter's baby in secret. If you will remember, I had plenty of time to edit those accusations but I willfully chose not to. I wanted people to see where I had stood and where I was misled.

This is absolutely atrocious and if people don't understand just HOW BAD this sort of behavior is, on both parties, then I don't even know how to begin to respond.

The ONLY way is to drop all of this and start to evaluate the candidates on the issues that actually matter to US.

I think we can all agree that there is mischief here. The issue is not who started it, but who can finish it and move beyond it. We have SERIOUS problems to deal with here, people. The more we quibble over this kind of garbage, the longer we set OURSELVES back.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MsFab

Its all about perspective, because I find it rather absurd the lack of accountability to which we held parents these days, a kid kills 30 in a school! Don't blame the parents! And it goes on an on all the way to this issue.

Parents need to be accountable for the actions of their childs! Simple as that!

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
OK let's see how Palin stands on the issues

www.ontheissues.org...

Pretty much right down the line with McCain. Who supports
The current administration. So if you like the way things
are now; Vote Sarah and John

[edit on 2-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

When it comes to younger children I feel the parents need to be held totally accountable for the upbringing of their children, but the kids will get to a certain age where you can't make every decision for them.

No matter how good of a parent you are or have been and no matter how you raised your child, when they get to a certain age they will choose for themself wether they will live with the moral code you raised them by or wether they have some different feelings about some of the morals they were raised with.

A 17 year old having sex is totally different than a 'kid' (I'm not sure what age you are implying here) shooting others. A 17 year old having sex is only affecting the lives of the 2 consenting to have sex and then I feel it should only affect the parents in a minor way (affecting them in the fact that they care about their child being able to take care of a baby if they choose to keep it, but I don't feel the parents should be affected by having to raise a baby they didn't choose to have sex and make)

And then we get to the fact that some young adults (and older ones too) will continue to blame their parents for everything instead of realizing that when they get to a certain age they are more accountable for their actions than they were when they were little elementary children.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

i think it needed to be heard vs just glossed over. so yea, just in agreement.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MsFab

No matter how good of a parent you are or have been and no matter how you raised your child, when they get to a certain age they will choose for themself wether they will live with the moral code you raised them by or wether they have some different feelings about some of the morals they were raised with.

Finally, someone who understands that children don't always do what they're taught and raised to do. A star for you.

For those that don't believe the above wonderful quote, it's WHY the call the teenage years the "REBELLIOUS YEARS".

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

A kid or teenager rebels to the extent a parent allows them too. The rebellion part is my believe is a cumulative effect of the kid in question character that has develop through parenting and the environment they been exposed too.

I agree that at some point teenagers turn off their ears to what parent say but not to the extent of getting pregnant, that's an entire different issue, if not teen pregnancies would be the norm rather than the exception.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I'm afraid that you are wrong about the frequency of teenage pregnancies in the United States. It is a HUGE problem.
www.pregnancy-info.net...

In 2000, the total number of teen pregnancies in the United States was 821,810 (84 pregnancies per 1,000 people). Compare this with Canada whose total rate of teen pregnancies for 2000 was 38,600 (38 pregnancies per 1,000 people). Many other western industrialized countries, such as Sweden and France, have even lower teen pregnancy rates than Canada. When compared to other countries, it easy to understand why the United States is considered to have a serious problem when it comes to teen pregnancy.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Bunch

I'm afraid that you are wrong about the frequency of teenage pregnancies in the United States. It is a HUGE problem.
www.pregnancy-info.net...

In 2000, the total number of teen pregnancies in the United States was 821,810 (84 pregnancies per 1,000 people). Compare this with Canada whose total rate of teen pregnancies for 2000 was 38,600 (38 pregnancies per 1,000 people). Many other western industrialized countries, such as Sweden and France, have even lower teen pregnancy rates than Canada. When compared to other countries, it easy to understand why the United States is considered to have a serious problem when it comes to teen pregnancy.

Ok let me make a couple of points about your post. The first being that we discussing here teenage pregancy as it correlates to Gov. Palin, her family responsabilities and how it correlates to her ability for the position and ultimately how can affect US POLITICS. That is United States of America, anything that is brought forth from another country should be irrelevant as it does not matter in the discussion of internal politics.

But since you decided to bring it up Im going to tell you what those stats that you posted show:

1. Parents in other countries of the world have better parenting skills than those in the U.S.

2. Sex education is better in those countries.

Thats our HUGE PROBLEM!!

And since you open the door with your stats let me give you some more. In case you miss my earlier post this is the U.S. Teenage Pregnancy Statistics National and State Trends and Trends by Race and Ethnicity study last updated in 2006. In this study you would find lots of things about teen pregnancy in the U.S. but let me give you a startling stat that quickly caught my eye while I was reviewing it and it directly correlates to this case of Gov. Palin.

Teen pregnancies among white females are less than double those of african americans and hispanic teens

So that means, if you follow me, that economic issues aside, you can most for sure find that parenting or lack there off would be a common denominator when it comes to teenage pregnancies across the board.

One more time....parents should be held accountable for the actions of their sons and daughters.

EDIT TO ADD: BTW just in case you didnt took the time to review the study another stat that also caught my eye...

Teen pregnancy in the U.S. are at their lowest levels in DECADES... now think about that for a second....

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join