It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin announces daughter is pregnant

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by Choppy

I don't doubt they will love their grandchild, but they absolutely tried to conceal the girl's engagement and pregnancy.

So what? What sort of warped world do you live in where you think a family is somehow required to announce to the world their daughter is pregnant?

What's REALLY Un-f-ing believable about this attitude is that pro-abortion liberals think that a woman's right to PRIVACY is so sacred that it is valued more than the life of the unborn child. But when a women is pregnant and wants to have the baby you suddenly think she has no right to privacy.

Idiotic, immoral, hypocritical, and pathetic are the first words that come to mind.

You are the fool for instantly and completely throwing your support behind this woman solely because she is Republican. You care so little about your country that you are willing to take the risk of having a person who doesn't even know what the VP does on a daily basis run our country. It is you who is idiotic, immoral, hypocritical and pathetic.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
It is you who is idiotic, immoral, hypocritical and pathetic.

Now now, let's not start calling each other names.

What I'm getting out of all of this is that Palin scares the crap out of the Democrats. Why else would they be throwing their weight behind an issue that the candidate's daughter has? Why not discuss the candidates themselves? No, I guess we'd rather talk about the sex life of a young lady than talk about Presidential candidates and their running mate.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

When you run to be the next-in-line to the most powerful job on the planet, you will, and do face public scrutiny. Sarah knew this; we all know this. She put her child up for public scrutiny. Poor judgment? Yes.

It's not poor judgment at all. Sarah Palin is a grown woman who has chosen a life of public service. She is being called on to serve as VP of the United States of America.

I am certain she loves her children and would have recognized that the spotlight would be on their entire family. Her daughter is pregnant. Big deal. She is going to have a baby and get married. Big deal. The whole country will know about it. Big deal.

The only people who are making a big deal about it are small-minded bigots who bring to mind the days of branding people with a red letter 'A' on their foreheads for committing adultery.

Is it really that big of a deal that somebody has a pregnant daughter?

And you ignored my point from the previous post. Why is it that a woman's right to privacy is cool when she wants an abortion, but you expected Sarah Palin to tell the world that her daughter was having a baby?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

So what? What sort of warped world do you live in where you think a family is somehow required to announce to the world their daughter is pregnant?

Since you asked, I will tell you about the world I live in.

I live in a world that is about 4.5 billion years old, and children are taught this in school.

I live in a world where I can go to a store and buy condoms as well as other forms of contraception.

I live in a world, where as an adult, I can make informed decisions about my body and whether I want to have certain medical procedures.

Sarah Palin, John McCain and their ilk are a threat to my world. I am not attacking the Palin girl, I am just pointing out the short-comings of her mother, who chose to run for the 2nd most important job in our country.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Choppy]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

You care so little about your country that you are willing to take the risk of having a person who doesn't even know what the VP does on a daily basis run our country. It is you who is idiotic, immoral, hypocritical and pathetic.

Here's something for you to think about ...

The role of the VP changes with each administration. If you happened to watch the 60 minutes interview with Obama/Biden a few nights ago, you would have seen that Biden had questions regarding the VP spot. Prior to accepting, Biden needed to know what his role would be, as VP, with Obama as President. Biden said that he would not have taken the slot if Obama was not planning on using him in the ways that he felt he could be of the most value.

Some Veeps don't do much of anything other than sit around behind the scenes for four years waiting to see if circumstances arise where they are bumped up to the number one spot, while other VP's are very active, highly visible and a crucial part of the Presidents administration.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I live in a world where I can go to a store and buy condoms as well as other forms of contraception.

I live in a world, where as an adult, I can make informed decisions about my body and whether I want to have certain medical procedures.

Sarah Palin, John McCain and their ilk are a threat to my world.

Is Sarah Palin going to force you to have sex with a 18 year old from Alaska? Is she going to burn all the condoms and abolish birth control pills?

Who said that Palin's daughter wanted an abortion? You're making some wild accusations without any backing whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The most hypocritical thing on this entire issue is how the Republican party wants now to portrait teenage/out of wedlock pregnancy as something that is "common" and that makes Gov. Palin as the image of REAL AMERICA. That's what is been spewed by all the republican talking heads and to my surprise many religious conservative leaders.

Let me say something about teen/out of wedlock pregnancies, YES it is a problem in our society, but you look at most cases of teen pregnancies and you can track down the problem to parenting or lack there of. Teenage pregnancies is not been REAL AMERICA is been part of what is WRONG WITH AMERICA, it absolutely kills me that now the republicans and their talking heads are now trying to make it seem like in order to be a REAL AMERICAN you should allow your daughters and sons to make irresponsible choices and parents should be proud no matter what.

What kind of message does that send people?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

And you ignored my point from the previous post. Why is it that a woman's right to privacy is cool when she wants an abortion, but you expected Sarah Palin to tell the world that her daughter was having a baby?

Sorry, didn't ignore it, but trying to keep up with comments.

The girl's right to privacy was completely obliterated by her mother. Her mother chose to bring her out on not only a national, but international 'stage'. It is not like Obama supporters hunted her down in Alaska for a photo of her pregnant belly.

It was evident from recent photographs, especially ones from John McCain's daughter's blog, that the girl was pregnant. Sarah chose to bring her children into the international spotlight. She consistently mentions them in her speeches.

That is why the girl has no privacy on this issue. Her mother chose it for her. Yet another questionable judgment call.

Here is the link to the blog post of McCain's daughter which includes pics of the obvious pregnant girl. Her mom didn't care that she was photographed, or the pictures posted on the internet. This was several days before the annoucement.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Sarah Palin, John McCain and their ilk are a threat to my world.

Is Sarah Palin going to force you to have sex with a 18 year old from Alaska? Is she going to burn all the condoms and abolish birth control pills?

Who said that Palin's daughter wanted an abortion? You're making some wild accusations without any backing whatsoever.

Sarah Palin is against women having the right to choose an abortion, even if they were raped (including by a relative). That is why I brought it up; I said nothing about her daughter wanting one.

Why did you ask if she was going to force me into having sex with an 18 year old? I have no clue why you said that.

ETA: While image of Sarah burning all of the condoms in America is sadly funny, I think you took me a little too literally. If elected, they will be in charge of the country, which importantly includes selecting Supreme Court Justices. It's not that much of a stretch.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Choppy]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Choppy

Since this thread was about Palin's daughter getting pregnant, I was just trying to determine how this issue would ruin your world. I see now that you're just talking about abortion in general. I didn't get that out of your original comment. So yeah, my comment looks silly doesn't it?

Well at least I understand where you're coming from now.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

My original comments had nothing to do with abortion. Thanks for trying to paint me with a "pro-abortion" brush.

My original point was that how ironic that a woman who preaches abstinence, no birth control and no abortions for all of us, has a teenage daughter who got pregnant. Those views worked out really well for that family, no?

She knew going into the race that her whole family would be under the spotlight, and yet she chose to drag them into this. Unfortunately, all canidates' families go through this. Rush Limbaugh notoriously called Chelsea Clinton a dog.

People are talking about the pregnancy (and were before it was annouced) because Sarah chose to bring her family into this spotlight. It is fair game because Sarah made it fair game.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm astonished with all the Obama family trashing threads, name calling, on ATS that the conservatives want "hands off" Sarah Palin and her family.

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. What a bunch of "dish it out, but can't take it" Crybaby's!!

and before you start with "all you libs" BS; I've been a Goldwater Republican for over 25 yrs. This GOP makes me wanna puke; just a bunch of Rush, Sean, Savage plagiarizing, knee jerk fools.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Choppy

No, the irony of that wasn't lost on me. My father's brother was a health nut yet died from cancer while my dad who ate whatever he wanted to excess is still alive and in good health. Life if full of great irony like this. One of my favorite songs is "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette. Mostly because it's so true.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
reply to post by Choppy

No, the irony of that wasn't lost on me. My father's brother was a health nut yet died from cancer while my dad who ate whatever he wanted to excess is still alive and in good health. Life if full of great irony like this. One of my favorite songs is "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette. Mostly because it's so true.

That made me laugh, but now I am not sure if you're joking! Alanis Morissette's song "Ironic" is famously not about irony.

An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day
It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
Isn't it ironic ... don't you think
It's like rain on your wedding day

That is not irony. It's bad luck.

Anyway, back to Palin. I just found this interesting article by the liberal and left-wing
Time Magazine (owned by the liberal/left-wing AOL Time Warner conglomerate).

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'm astonished with all the Obama family trashing threads, name calling, on ATS that the conservatives want "hands off" Sarah Palin and her family.

I think that both sides are guilty of 'family thrashing threads' and 'name calling'. Prior to Palin being announced, McCain and his wife were pounced on pretty hard.

The 'conservatives' aren't saying 'hands off' Sarah Palin. Palin's experience and position on issues is relevant to the election.

"Conservatives" for the most part are being supportive of Palin's daughter and are offering prayers while allowing the family to deal with the matter privately.

Obama is saying "hands off" Palin's daughter and has threatened to fire anyone in his campaign that is involved in any type of discussion about the pregnancy or may have been any part of the rumors over the weekend about Trig being Bristol's son.

After three days of non-stop Bristol bashing and disgusting false rumors that are STILL going on and on and on, I think it's unfair to blame the 'conservatives' for family trashing!!

Jemison

A quick, unofficial poll:

How many of you think Palin will drop out?

How many of you think Palin SHOULD drop out, but wont?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
How many of you think Palin SHOULD drop out, but wont?

She wont drop because all she has going for her right now is her political career. I have been reading a couple of local newspapers and blogs from Alaska, and its pretty clear that Gov. Palin is very focused and has set as her priority her political ambitions. I have been reading that she dodnt took care of her pregnancy while she already knew she was expecting a baby with a serious condition because she had political functions to attend and governmental functions to perform. Those reports wont surprise me giving the present situation in which she has thrusted her unwed teenage pregnant daughter to this situation.

She and McCain are a political marriage made in "heaven" from the perspective of both politicians.

She should have never been picked, and she wont drop unless the tide of negative news on her keeps growing which could make McCain to ask her to drop, but I dont think SHE would drop.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

My original point was that how ironic that a woman who preaches abstinence, no birth control and no abortions for all of us, has a teenage daughter who got pregnant. Those views worked out really well for that family, no?

You can talk to your kids over and over about the benefits of abstinence but at 17 she can't force her child to not have sex. Palin has every right to her abstinence, no birth control, no abortion views and just because her 17 year old daughter is pregnant doesn't mean that she no longer believes in those views.

I'm sure there are tons of us on ATS that had sex at 17 and I feel that it doesn't necessarily reflect on the parents as to how well they raised their child or not.

I'm sure Palin shared her abstinence views with her daughter, but at 17 I'm sure the girl felt it was her decision that she had to make for herself wether or not she agreed with or would practice her mother's views.

I don't feel that the choices her child makes has anything to do with wether or not she is qualified to be a vice-president.

I may get alot of flack for this, but my issue with Palin is the fact that, though I feel woman are equal to men and deserve every right a man has and I do feel there are woman that are more capable than man in alot of areas, I just don't feel that a woman should be in high power. Though I will not let her gender play a factor into how I vote, I will vote for the party that I think will best lead this country into the direction I would like to see it in.
[edit on 2-9-2008 by MsFab]

[edit on 2-9-2008 by MsFab]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

She should have never been picked, and she wont drop unless the tide of negative news on her keeps growing which could make McCain to ask her to drop, but I dont think SHE would drop.

Considering McCain knew ahead of time that her daughter was pregnant and probably knew that it would draw quite a bit of attention, I find it highly unlikely that he will ask her to drop out ...

....but maybe he'll publicly ask her to drop out because her daughters pregnancy is too much of a distraction from the actual issues?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

I highly doubt that that BABYGATE would cause that McCain would ask her to drop out either publicly or privately he would look even more incompetent, his credibility would be damage more than it already is, and his blatant lack of judgement exposed beyond any doubt.

McCain made this situation foe himself, he let his political ambitions get the best of him, I am so down in McCain right now, so dissapointed, I was a supporter of him during the Straight Talk Express and to see how much he has change since then is just sad.

Can you imaging how easy it would had been to pick Romney, Ridge... Jeez even Guliani with all his baggage would have made this look as a safe pick. What about the governor from Lousiana, you saw him on TV all this weekend, picking him too would have been of great impact.

All we have now is Days of our Lives- Alaska Edition

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

All we have now is Days of our Lives- Alaska Edition

no, what you have now is "wow, moms put up with alot,"
american edition.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join