It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin announces daughter is pregnant

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

They can't all be bad can they? Can't we kick out the bad ones, (on both sides of the isle) keep the good ones and allow them to lead with a solid moral compass? Or is this just not possible today?

While we may not agree on the best way to make this happen, I whole heartedly believe that what you are suggesting is possible.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

They can't all be bad can they? Can't we kick out the bad ones, (on both sides of the isle) keep the good ones and allow them to lead with a solid moral compass? Or is this just not possible today?

While we may not agree on the best way to make this happen, I whole heartedly believe that what you are suggesting is possible.

Jemison

Jem, unless you know the whereabouts of a few hundred sequestered virgin saints, it's gonna be one hell of a vetting process

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster

The point I was making in case you didn't get it is this... They can't all be bad can they? Can't we kick out the bad ones, (on both sides of the isle) keep the good ones and allow them to lead with a solid moral compass? Or is this just not possible today?

Rooster that is a wonderful solution! And I wish I wasn't so cynical. but with the system so corrupted with money and greed; I can't be anyother way. No I don't think it is possible today. It will take somekind of horrible, bloody calamity for anything to change. "The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast."

God help us!!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well let me first start off by saying that I brought up the "Children of Candidates" issue the other day (here on ATS). I don't mean this as a "Hijack", but both of these Threads go hand-in-hand with eachother. Feel free to check out one of the very first attacks on Palin and her disabled child:

ATS- Sarah Palin's Motherhood Attacked

I can reiterate what I stated earlier in my Thread, that this is absolutely abhorrent, disgusting, and a downright inexcusable attack, courtesy of the biased, partisan, and ignorant sectors of society. They will do anything to claw at the image of a lady who has about as much dirt on her as a computer chip in a clean room.

Has anyone noticed how the attacks change everyday? We had Small Town/Disabled Child Friday, Alaskan Legislator "Investigation" Saturday, Inexperienced Sunday, and now Pregnant Teen Monday. Not to mention how they also attacked her husband for a DWI 22 years ago, when he was in his 20's. What next? At this rate, every American could be attacked, as we all go through life experiences similar to, and even at times exactly akin to what Palin and her family have been through.

I must also say that I have been not only deeply disappointed, but also downright disturbed by some of the commentary I have witnessed towards this issue. On a Topix forum, I heard nasty, and completely ignorant comments aimed at Palin, her daughter, and her entire family. I duked it out with many of these clowns, and one common characteristic I have witnessed amongst such ignoramus minds, is that they know when they have lost a debate, and they then progress to abruptly change the subject.

I am no fan of Obama, and I will state that outright. However, for the first time today I not only totally agreed with him, but I felt some sincerity emanating from him. He essentially stated that under no terms is an attack on a candidate's children relevant, nor is it acceptable. Bottom line, whether you are for Obama, or McCain, Biden, or Palin, Republican, Democrat, or Independent, you should be outraged at such attacks.

I for one hope that ATS as a community can stand against such despicable acts, and make it known as such.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Not to beat this dead horse of a story a little more, but...

Apparently, it wasn't exactly a secret in Wasilla.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Maybe its been an onslaught of attacks on the Republican Vice Presidential nominee each and every day because, each and every day something new and damaging has come out that easily tarnishes her reputation.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think I have a easy way to end this rumor..

So, Palin's daughter is supposedly pregnant (5months). If she is then eventually we will notice it.

If she has a miscarriage then we will know that she was never really pregnant, and it was used as a cover-up. Then we know Bristol is her baby.

When they are all shown together, Bristol and Palin's daughter's baby. Then the rumor was false.

I think this is the easiest and best solution to finding out the truth. Simple enough I hope.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

You are exactly right... and to think that its only been four days and nothing that has been said about her has been because of something she has done that its tied to the campaign.

Just wait for the gaffes, the words out of context, the retractions, the inexperience to show, the debates, and also lets see how can she hold to her emotions, I dont want to sound sexist but women have a harder time at hiding their emotions.

Even a women as experienced as Hillary at times allowed the emotions to get the best of her, for Hillary it work to her favor at times but for Gov. Palin one little hiccup, gaffe, retraction or outburst of emotion is just going to solidify the thinking that she is just simply not ready.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
My opinion on this Palin's pregnant daughter is that it is a legitimate issue to talk about.

The life of Presidential and Vice-Presidential candidate is totally open for public scrutiny.

There will be those that find the issue of a VP hopeful's daughter being unwed and pregnant, especially a conservative VP, a legitimate issue in which to judge their vote.

Palin knew that people might talk about this, so did McCain. Palin's daughter is open season in a presidential campaign. I disagree with those that say she is off-limits because nothing should be off-limits in a the presidential campaign in a nation with so many viewpoints and values.

I also disagree with Obama that this issue should be off-limits. He knows his surrogates in the media will keep at this issue and he is shielding his wife's controversial history.

For all those that feel this is an issue, I say flame away. It is also fair to take issue with McCain about this pregnancy too. All is fair in presidential politics.

But honestly, I think Palin is still much more qualified to be a President than Obama.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Has anyone noticed how the attacks change everyday? We had Small Town/Disabled Child Friday, Alaskan Legislator "Investigation" Saturday, Inexperienced Sunday, and now Pregnant Teen Monday. Not to mention how they also attacked her husband for a DWI 22 years ago, when he was in his 20's. What next? At this rate, every American could be attacked, as we all go through life experiences similar to, and even at times exactly akin to what Palin and her family have been through.blican, Democrat, or Independent, you should be outraged at such attacks.

Do you feel the same way about the attacks on Obama? Are you saying that we shouldn't investigate the lives and past records of the people that will decide how we will live OUR lives? Is it just the conservatives we should go easy on, but any dirt we can get on those Libs; well they deserve it, right.

When it comes to politics and running for office....

Like they use to say...."If you can't stand the heat; stay out of the kitchen"

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

depends on if its relevant or not. i don't see how the sex life of one's daughter is relevant or even the clothing choice of one's wife. never understood why people would go on and on about jackie o's hat, purse, shoes and suit. if its about fiscal responsibility, i could see it if say, a president's wife was spending tax payers money to buy a 20,000 dollar a month wardrobe (princess diana had a costly wardrobe in that vicinty i think). something's just seem over the top. now someone's photoshopped her face onto a lady in a stars and stripes bikini holding a shotgun. you can only imagine, if that's not really her (which i'm fairly certain it isn't), how embarrassed she'd be to see her face on a nearly naked female body, passed around where men critique her physique. i never approved of that when they did it to movie stars, but political figures, especially women who are conservative on issues of that nature...it's like invasion of privacy on a level that really is abusive to women.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Reading thru this thread, it's becoming clear that the major controversy is not the pregnancy itself, but the reaction from the news media, the blogs, and the anticipated reaction from the Democrats.

Can't you all see you're being manipulated??? This is STAGED. McCain picked Sarah Palin knowing full well this would manufacture a controversy that could be used to manipulate public emotion and control the tone of the abortion, birth control and sex education debates.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

The issue of relevancy and politics are totally subjective. The life of a prospective President, is still relevant due to the variety of opinions and values of the American voter. While this issue, in my opinion is irrelevant to me, I do understand why it would be relevant for someone else whether rightly or wrongly.

The only thing that should be irrelevant when it comes to a Presidential candidate is race and sex.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

i don't see how the sex life of one's daughter is relevant

Well, it probably wouldn't be if she wasn't running for public office on a no sex before marriage, family values, moral authority, miss goody two shoes type of campaign.

Now if she was running on the "Free love, Party down" ticket. It would never have even been mentioned.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Distractions4Nothing
Reading thru this thread, it's becoming clear that the major controversy is not the pregnancy itself, but the reaction from the news media, the blogs, and the anticipated reaction from the Democrats.

Can't you all see you're being manipulated??? This is STAGED. McCain picked Sarah Palin knowing full well this would manufacture a controversy that could be used to manipulate public emotion and control the tone of the abortion, birth control and sex education debates.

You might be right.

I do believe that if this issue might be a huge trap for the Democrats.

The amount of people dealing with this problem is large. The amount of people born to an unwed mother is large. The amount of unwed mothers is large. The amount of grandparents to illegitimate kids is large. An attack on Palin's character about this issue might be seen as another elitist attack on the common American. The Obama campaign is very smart to officially discourage such an attack.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

you're wrong. gender is very relevant. and i'll tell you why:
because women are singled out for criticism much more harshly than men.
especially on topics related to sex or the mean woman syndrome. as i tried to explain to someone else on another thread, there are people out there with mother issues who end up despising women in any kind of authority position for the rest of their lives. add them to the people who despise authority of any kind. add to that, the opposing political party's rants on the subject. add to that, what any given individual in that woman's family may be up to. add to that, 6000 years of prejudice against women, which is still really bad in many cultures in the world. add to that, there are some countries that have had women leaders for hundreds of years, and we still have yet to get even one.

if you don't think gender is relevant, you've got heavily blinkered vision.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I like how they mention there getting married. Shes only 17 and she's ready for marriage and a family. Shes already hurting her mom's vp chances.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Distractions4Nothing

Amen! Kind of reminds me of when I used to watch WWE with an ex. You would cringe at stupid ppl who were SERIOUSLY for falling for the bs and getting emotional over it, but you just couldn't help yourself from egging them on.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What is the age of consent in Alaska? We could possibly even be seeing
statutory rape charges being filed against the boyfriend.

Poor John McCain, his people should have been more diligent in their vetting.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

And yet there have been many great female leaders throughout history, many who have succeeded in times when official gender equality was not something to be worried about.

A woman can make for a very strong leader and can show immense amount of political savvy before anyone catches on.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join