It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon is the Department of War, not Defense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Today, the U.S. is responsible for 40% of all worldwide weapons� sales. Tanks, fighter jets, artillery, helicopters, missiles, landmines, machine guns, mortars, bullets, grenades, guns, you name it, Guns�R�U.S. has it. Our nation supplies the world in instruments of death. The United States� Military Industrial Complex makes a killing from death, suffering and destruction. It exists only if people die. Its signature is everywhere; in the millions of landmines buried worldwide and the millions of amputee victims, many of them children. It can be seen in civil wars that ravage the developing world, from Africa to Asia to Latin America. From sea to shining sea, our weapons we can see, from the exponentially growing threat of WMDs � many of which were distributed at one time by our own government � to the military hardware of tyrants and dictators, war criminals and warlords.

The MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX�S front for assuring continual human violence is the US government, the Pentagon in particular. President Bush has just granted the Pentagon a military budget of $400 billion dollars for the next fiscal year. That�s $400,000,000,000.00. With so much of our money going to the Department of War one has to wonder where our priorities are; Certainly not in education, healthcare or in the creation of jobs.

The Pentagon and the Military Industrial Complex are one and the same; having morphed over time to form the most lethal killing institution the world has ever seen. Through a sliding and revolving door that turns citizen soldiers into armament industry executives and company officers into military policy makers, the MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX has embedded itself into the military branch of the US government, thereby assuring itself of unlimited contracts, access, information and profit. Military industry executives and lobbyists have also slithered deep into top administration positions, occupying vitally important posts that decide national and foreign policy. Ex top government officials now sit on boards of today�s biggest suppliers of military might. One need only look to the Carlyle Group to find the marriage between government and MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX. George Bush the First had until recently sat on the board of this powerful yet clandestine group. This intertwined dancing tango of cronyism is exactly what Eisenhower warned about. Like a virus MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX has spread itself throughout the hallways of the Pentagon, penetrating from top to bottom through the disease called greed. Now one and the same, the Pentagon and MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX have a common interest, motive and ability to shape how funds are used and wars are waged.

The Pentagon is the Department of War, not Defense. It is in business to kill, kill, and kill some more. Without war, violence and weapons there is no Pentagon. And so to survive, to remain a player, wars must be created, weapons must be allocated, profits must be made and the Military Industrial Complex must continue exporting and manufacturing violence and conflict throughout the globe. And, as always, enemies must exist, if we have no enemies we must create them.

The so-called "War on Terror" is but a charade, a fear-engendering escapade, designed to last into perpetuity, helping guarantee that the Military Industrial Complex will grow exponentially in power. It is a replacement for a Cold War long ago since retired and unable to deliver a massive increase in defense spending.

So you see it�s not oil, terrorism or communism that we are fighting for. Call it anything you want, the bottom line is Military Industrial Complex need's WAR.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Actually, the DOD was once known as the War Department, but the PC movement that started obscuring the truth of things long ago dictated that it be changed to something less tyrannous.

And the American defense industry is second only to the media industry in dollars yearly.

DeltaChaos

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well, DUH!

DeltaChaos is quite correct. It IS the department of war.
Now let's take a look at something. You say that;

That�s $400,000,000,000.00. With so much of our money going to the Department of War one has to wonder where our priorities are; Certainly not in education, healthcare or in the creation of jobs.

Yet you continue into;

Through a sliding and revolving door that turns citizen soldiers into armament industry executives and company officers into military policy makers

Looks to me like job creation with career advancement to boot!

You act as if this was something new. Ever since the first person started making weapons there has been a close tie between weapon makers and rulers. It was as true with swords as it is with fighter planes.
May the best(armed) man win!

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Actually, the DOD was once known as the War Department, but the PC movement that started obscuring the truth of things long ago dictated that it be changed to something less tyrannous.

And the American defense industry is second only to the media industry in dollars yearly.

DeltaChaos

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

The point is WAR. They have everyone arguing over the reasons for war as a diversionary tactic. If we sit and argue that we invaded Iraq because of terror threats or because of oil, they can sit in their dark corner with immunity. It doesn�t matter to them, it�s all about greed and power. The important thing to the contractors is weather they get a shiny new contract.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You should join my research project, even though all the good names are taken.

DC

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Well, DUH!

DeltaChaos is quite correct. It IS the department of war.
Now let's take a look at something. You say that;

That�s $400,000,000,000.00. With so much of our money going to the Department of War one has to wonder where our priorities are; Certainly not in education, healthcare or in the creation of jobs.

Yet you continue into;

Through a sliding and revolving door that turns citizen soldiers into armament industry executives and company officers into military policy makers

Looks to me like job creation with career advancement to boot!

You act as if this was something new. Ever since the first person started making weapons there has been a close tie between weapon makers and rulers. It was as true with swords as it is with fighter planes.
May the best(armed) man win!

Im not sure I understand you. You quote me and imply that im contradicting myself, make your case. Then you agreed with everything I said. Do you have anything to add?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I was simply stating the HISTORICAL FACT that prior to WWII, the Defense Department was ACTUALLY CALLED THE DEPARTMENT OF WAR!

I was pointing out the irony that I found in your calling it the war department because it actually was. And I don't see anything contradictory to what you said in what I said. Are we thinking the same language?

DC

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I was simply stating the HISTORICAL FACT that prior to WWII, the Defense Department was ACTUALLY CALLED THE DEPARTMENT OF WAR!

I was pointing out the irony that I found in your calling it the war department because it actually was. And I don't see anything contradictory to what you said in what I said. Are we thinking the same language?

DC

DeltaChaos,

I wasn't quoting you. I understood your comments and the irony. It was Fry2's derogatory comments that I was referring to.

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Very good. Carry on.

DC

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm sorry.
I didn't mean to come off in a derogatory manor (damned text).

I was only adding that this is nothing new in the history of mankind. The scale is probably larger (more jobs) yet it's always the same thing. War=Progress. It sucks but it's just the way it has always worked.
Life would be grand in some Star Trekesqu fiction world with universal peace and prosperity. Unfortunately we have to live in the real world and deal with the way it all works. If it were't for war you would not be here typing on a computer in the first place.

new topics

top topics

join