It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ready to Die?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A few weeks ago, during an incident I posted here... Thread

And I was prepared to die, I wasn't scared or anxious I simply thought... 'If this is it, this is it'

Now don't get me wrong I don't want to die, I want to live a long life, and I'm slightly miffed at CERN; but there are plenty of other threads for that.

Now I am a Christian but I want to know what other people have thought in a similar situation, people of all religions and ages. I am 16. Oh and I don't mean a situation where you are full of adrenalin because you were almost killed (Such as dodging a car) But a situation where you think you could possibly die in the next few minutes.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Yip...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by umbr45

I thought I was going to die for a few months. I had turned 30 and just had a new baby, was being tossed out of an apartment that the landlord sold and I was one week into my first semester at college; and yes it wasn't until I turned 29 that I decided to get a degree. In any case, to this day I think it was a combination of stress, anxiety, and being out of shape... over-weight even and a smoker... I would smoke anything, but mostly a pack of chokes a day. But what started to happen was unreal as I woke one evening after losing my breath in my sleep. I thought it was a bad dream until it began to happen every evening. As soon as I would fall asleep, I would stop breathing... jump up and catch my breath. Then I started to get heart palpatations and I was never so frightened. One night, I used the new baby-monitor and put it up to my chest and heard my heart beating out of rythm. At this point, I had diagnosed myself with having heart disease. When I went to the doctor, he did not hear my heart palpatate and told me I was suffering from severe anxiety and put me on medication to calm me down. On my own, I decided to start walking and riding an exercise bike. I quit smoking and decided to eat nothing but healthy foods; and in 4 months, I lost 44 pounds and was feeling great. My heart stopped acting weird and somehow or another, I returned to my normal self. But right before I started to feel normal, I actually was okay with dying as I had many months to prepare for it. At first, I cried many nights and then was angry, but soon thereafter I was okay with it. I am a Christian as well and came to the conclusion that I was a decent man and would most likely make it to Heaven. I thought about how many millions had died before me and that I was not exempt... that my time would come no matter what and that it was only a matter of time. Now, here I am at the age of 40 and in the best shape of my life; and with no medical conditions that I'm aware of. I'm not sure how this can help a heart that was damaged, but I found out later that Jack LaLaine went through the same thing. He had heart disease that went away; and I think we both caught it in time and saved ourselves. How we can heel our bodies is amazing, and how we can destroy our minds' with negative thoughts of dying is also amazing; and there is a book called "Walking Medicine" that proves this is possible... that our bodies can come back from heart disease if caught in time and that you can fix it before the doctor cuts you open.
Life is short and we must enjoy it while we can... don't regret anything and continue to move forward. Try not to wish you would have done something before it's too late... go for it! Funny thing, after all this I took a class called "Death and Dying" at Gwynedd-Mercy College and if there was one thing I took from that class, it would have to be the fact that when we worry about dying... it kills us inside. It can destroy your mind and make you depressed. So I wanted to say to you... thank God you are here with us and try not to worry about death because if you live to be 90, think how many years it will take to get there and then think about worrying about it for that many years. While reading self-help books when I was sick like "Don't sweat the Small stuff," I came across this poem by Mother Goose which I use here as my signature... read it if you have a second... I live by it! Thanks for the thread as I find it interesting and I hope others will respond... and so I'm starring and flagging this thread. I hope you are okay now and live a long, happy life! God Speed!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Ye im not really afraid to die if im honest the way i see it in my belief system i know where im going after death so why should i fear that why should i worry so much about death.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I accept death.
If it is my fate to die, then so be it.

However I forge my own path in life, and as such, my ''fate'' is controlled by my will to live.

If I can help it I will try, but if I fail, no regrets.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
you will not die because you are not alive.

you are a dream...or at least part of a dream.

your existence is as meaningless as the dream that created you.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If that was true...which I don't believe...

My existance has meaning to the person dreaming of me, in this dream I will at some point die for that persons mind.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by umbr45]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
you will not die because you are not alive.

you are a dream...or at least part of a dream.

your existence is as meaningless as the dream that created you.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by surrender_dorothy]

Originally posted by umbr45
If that was true...whicc I don't believe...

My existance has meaning to the person dreaming of me, in this dream I will at some point die for that persons mind.

haha Nice rebuttle.

People spew # like they know the "truth"...

I AM alive.
I can feel it.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex

I AM alive.
I can feel it.

Originally posted by xbranscombex
People spew # like they know the "truth"...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

If that was true...which I don't believe...

[edit on 2-9-2008 by umbr45]

It's my dream. and it has no meaning. hence you are meaningless.

existence does not require meaning.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Even if my existence is purely that I have a meaning, you spent itme to create me. My meaning is simply to exist for as long as your dream continues....and this is off topic now.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

and this is off topic now.

that may be so...but maybe that is your purpose.

is purpose and meaning the same thing?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
A few years ago I was playing with my pet garter snake.

He was hanging round my neck and I had put my arms up to take him off but he wound his head and tail through my bangles. Then he started to squeeze and I felt that I was in actual danger of choking.

I couldn't do anything - my wrists were 'tied up' and I couldn't talk him out of what he was doing. You can imagine I was trying telepathy

Anyway, I didn't feel too panicked. It cross my mind that if I died anyone finding me would have a hard time figuring out how it had happened. I was a bit concerned for my pet as I wouldn't be there to look after him, but other than that I really wasn't too bothered.

I hope that when the time really comes I can be that calm.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'd quite like to die (read move on), but I'm not allowed.

I wish i could figure out what I'm supposed to do so I can get it over and done with.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm 74- I could drop dead at any minute

I'm prepared - I've already made burial arrangements and a will. My kids won't be stuck footing the bill.

Earth is just so much fun. I'm coming back if I can.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Death is in the eye of the beholder:

When my Brother died, I chose not to view the open casket because although the Fire Dept. issue fighting wear preserved his flesh, dehydration took it's toll.

When my Father died, THough I had a nice long conversation with him just days prior, viewing him during open casket, reminded me of how my GrandFather looked at his funeral.

When I die, Although I have a plot next to my Father, Mother, Brother and my fathers folks nearby, Lately I am inclined to be cremated.

I'd like to be remembered how I was in life, not in death.

Am I afraid to die? No more than I am afraid of a mis-fire when rapid-firing my favorite SigSauer.

I am afraid of one thing though, my Granddaughters addiction to Barney.

top topics

join