It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's Don't Exist and We Don't Either??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Are we UFO's?

Can anything ever be proven?

What are you?

Where do you come from?

Who are you?

Everyone that I know and especially ATS members are searching for something. What?

If we take away all that we know, career wise, money, house, apt, wife, kids, car, schooling, etc...what are we left with. Heck, most people don't even know who or what they are with a classic stable life. Is everything we know just an illusion like the UFO's we search for?

As I have watched for years now on ATS and many other sites I have come to a very basic conclusion. I don’t think anything can ever be proven.

Why? All of our senses can be deceived. Our eyes, our hearing, taste, touch, smell, every one of them, so with this information how can we ever really prove anything?

Even if something was credible like a UFO and there was excellent evidence it can always be explained away to a hoax. People doubt themselves and others, all the while not even being able to explain their own existence or why they are here on earth. Many of us try to explain things we see, hear, feeling to other, but most people can’t understand or comprehend beyond the physical realm, that actually doesn't exist.

Let’s look at the physical realm. What is Physical? Actually it is more deception, energy is a just a mass of Atom’s with protons, neutrons, so what is actually solid? Answer: Nothing we are all energy.

I hear many individuals mocking others about light beings, portals, UFO’s, etc, but when we dig into what is written and what scientific theories and observations that have been made on energy, atoms, and our physical world make up, nothing can really be valid because solids do not exist. Are we deceiving ourselves?

Here is a nicely written article on why you don't exist.

You don't exist, so don't worry about it.

Science and math suggest that we humans don’t exist, (even though there is really no math or science — more illusions!)The advent of quantum mechanics and modern physics increasingly imply that our existence as human beings is a kind of persistent illusion. We are under the false assumption that we’re people, we only imagine we have bodies and brains, and minds functioning inside those brains.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

This is really the way UFO research should be looking (IMO). The nature of reality has much more to it then we ever dared imagine.

Most UFOlogists of every ilk are always so quick to dismiss the psychological. When you get right down to it, all of this is essentially "psychological", as we have to perceive it through a filter, called the brain.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
[ Woops, mistaken window]
Could one of the kind moderators remove this post?
I would really appreciate it .
Sorry for the mistake. Brains still kicking into gear.

[edit on 1/9/2008 by Omega85]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Realtruth, you basically hit the core of my personal philosophy. We can't know anything with any degree of certainty. We don't know for a "fact" that we are even actually reading the words that you posted on the "ethernet."

When one takes into consideration the findings of quantum physics and psychology, it becomes evident that "reality" is very much different than our "senses" would have us believe. Everything that you think has a "thereness" is 99.99999999999999% empty space. That tells me there is really nothing there at all, including our self-perceived bodies.

I struggled with this for several years, but I eventually had to come to terms with it. The only real thing is the mind.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

well i think the idea that we don't exist is proposturous and i also believe that we are atoms and particles of such but we exist physically because these atoms and such have come together to form us....lol

i think we do exist in this timeline and we maybe experiencing energy beings or beings that can manipulate dimensions to cross these timelines and that may be why they are so elusive but still able to see them or interact with them.

just my opinion

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

This would probably fit much better in the Psychology, Philosophy & Metaphysics forum, but I agree with what you are saying. This is why I do my best to not lock myself into any beliefs but nothing is known.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Yes I agree with you it does belong over in that forum. I think the reason he posted it here is he is actually another frustrated believer who can't fathom why some don't believe as he does so, he posts some psycho babble to show how being skeptical is wrong.

I know I am real and exist and so does my Daughter. I could hold her hand and walk her up to you and introduce you to her and therefore prove her existence. Can you the OP, do the same with an ET?
This OP doesn't fly for me. Not here in the forum anyways.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Reality is only exsisting in a very small moment of time approaching to infinity, so because it is approaching to infinity it practicly does not exsist.
If you read this post it is already history and does not exsist anymore

So, "Yes"we do not exsist

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You cannot deceive the glass of telescope, you cannot deceive the ruler (measuring instrument), you cannot deceive the fridge. And voltmeter too ;-)
Science is about measurement and repetitive experiments. We are not UFO-s. We have another DNA and we do not cross-breed with UFO-s.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
True wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hi Realtruth, interesting thread,
strrd and flggd.
Here are my thoughts about some of your interesting questions and thoughts.

Originally posted by Realtruth
Are we UFO's?

I think we are no UFO’s because what in my opinion is meant nowadays by the word UFO is that it is the description of an Extraterrestrial transportation craft of some sort.
I am however convinced that “UFO’s” Extraterrestrial crafts are real and no illusions.
I think we can consider us as Aliens who where brought here from out of this Earth.

Can anything ever be proven?

I thought many things are proven already, but I also think that many things are indeed improvable.

What are you?

I have a very good picture of what I am, but I must admit that I am very confused and disturbed by that picture.

Where do you come from?

I have a very good picture of where I come from, but again I must admit that I am very confused and disturbed by that picture also.

Who are you?

I am the product of many things, in short, I am a soul attached to a mortal humanly body that is formed and affected by bloodlines, my surroundings and all the experiences I had in this lifetime so far.

Everyone that I know and especially ATS members are searching for something. What?

I was searching for the truth behind the UFO phenomena [the Extraterrestrial reality/presence] and eventually found out after some 36 years now that the truth behind that all is not the big adventure I expected in a way.
You know, how exited it would be to know that we are not alone and that we are visited by other much more advanced intelligences then us.

The reality is so mind-blowing different from that view that it is almost unbelievable and almost impossible to except.

If we take away all that we know, career wise, money, house, apt, wife, kids, car, schooling, etc...what are we left with.

A more experienced soul attached to a mortal meaningless humanly body.
That is in a way what happens when you die.

Heck, most people don't even know who or what they are with a classic stable life. Is everything we know just an illusion?

To think that the life we live is really what it is all about is a big illusion in my opinion.

All of our senses can be deceived. Our eyes, our hearing, taste, touch, smell, every one of them, so with this information how can we ever really prove anything?

You make a very strong point here, I know by now that all of our senses can indeed be deceived.

Let’s look at the physical realm. What is Physical? Actually it is more deception, energy is a just a mass of Atom’s with protons, neutrons, so what is actually solid? Answer: Nothing we are all energy.

You are right about that, I found this interesting explanation.

Energy and Matter
What is energy and what is matter? Matter is a sizable idea. It is a solid form of energy that can be sizable. All energies can be turned into solid matter. It is only necessary to condense the concerning energy very strongly and concentrate it very highly.
By this the building blocks of solid components are generated. Neutron - Proton - Electron. This forms the atoms of the chemical compounds which then in their three aggregate forms create the solid outer wrap. This is something our scientist currently understand. Original energy is absolute matter, and original matter is absolute energy. The entire Universe consists of matter and energy. Coarse matter = matter, finematter = energy. It is possible to create machines which convert matter to energy and vice versa.

We are under the false assumption that we’re people, we only imagine we have bodies and brains, and minds functioning inside those brains.

Well I don’t think that’s a false assumption, and that we have indeed a physical body with a brain and therefore a mind.
It is however a mix of matter and energy that’s bound together in a mysterious almost godlike way and it functions.
But if that was all, then when we die it stops there forever.
And the thing I never believed was true and what probably is also the most important “item” of that all is that we have a soul.
And when we die it doesn’t end there.
But that is so far also improvable.

[edit on 2/9/08 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 2/9/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
True wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.
that a take from a budda saying for "the first step in the journey to enlightenment" is realiseing that you dont know everything, or something like that anyway, budda is cool tho im not a religeous person hes still a cool little smart mo fo, nuff said.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Degeneration nation

It is also socrates as well as numerous others.. anyone with a true grasp of reality knows how much truth is in those words.

Ah don't get me going

top topics

join