It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani Women Buried Alive 'for Choosing Husbands'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Stop using the word "Christian" when referring to Catholics.

They practice CATHOLICISM. We Christians don't even use the same Bible as Catholics to.

Calling Catholics "Christians" just furthers the stereotype that they aren't Catholics, but Christians.

Catholics practice Catholicism, they use a Catholic Bible.

Christians practice Christianity, they use the Christian Bible.

not that i would have ever thought i'd be in a position to defend catholics, but here it goes:

catholics were first. they invented the concept of trilogy. they decided what was apocryphal and what was canon...

they accept and recognise the christ as the messiah prophesied in the old testament, thus they are a sect of christianity. one of the oldest, and are probably responsible for the perception of the christ's divinity.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by feydrautha
what happened to those pakastani women is supported by allah in his koran

christianity has no such support for any atrocity

Jeez, then I'd stay away from the Book of Leviticus if I were you.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

leviticus is old testament, and old covenant... they were mostly tribal laws and have nothing to do with christianity (which arose in the new testament)

it is no longer a sin to eat pork, or hold a womans hand during her time of the month, for instance.

there is a difference between judaism and christianity, important differences.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by zlots331

Are you feydrautha's magical talking parrot?

maybe you didn't notice, but I was speaking to him, in fact, I quoted him.

this is an open forum, not a private discussion.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

Do Catholics say that the Pope is equal to God? Yes
Do Catholics pray to god alone? Nope
Do Catholics bow down before men? Yep

Catholicism and Christianity are as different as apples and oranges.

Stereotypes link them, not practice of their respective religions.

catholics have convoluted the meaning of the texts to an amazing degree, i do not agree with catholicism, the pope and his men are merely human mortals.

there was much power to be realized by the early church, and that power is held by controlling the masses, the catholic church is the model of that process implemented successfully.

the christ, on the other hand, controlled no one. you are free to believe him or not.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

leviticus is old testament, and old covenant... they were mostly tribal laws and have nothing to do with christianity (which arose in the new testament)

it is no longer a sin to eat pork, or hold a womans hand during her time of the month, for instance.
there is a difference between judaism and christianity, important differences.

Funny though, how Christians will fight up, down and sideways about the sanctity of the Bible, until you hit them with a few inconsistancies. Then they deny the Old Testament and point you towards the new and improved version. I for one can't wait until Bill Maher's new movie comes out.

But more importantly...is not this entire thread about the relationship between backward tribal laws and the manner in which mainstream religion is practiced? Thanks for proving my point!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Spitefulgod
Mighty fine post,thanks for sharing the documentary ´Undercover mosque´as it truly reveals what hateful,bigotted,small minded people these hardliners actualy are.
Its been reported in the Times that these brainwashed extremists have taken over at least ´half´ of the mosques in the UK-to me they have more in common with Nazis than anything else.
This documentary should be viewed by as many people as possible.
Cheers Karl

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
reply to post by moocowman

And what year was this? The difference is that Islam is still practicing barbaric customs that enforce abuse of equality and human rights, in modern times when such practices have been curtailed in most of the world. It is a huge difference.

My bible tells me that women should be subserviant to men full stop.

My bible tells me that homosexuality is an abomination full stop.

My bible tells me that the homosexual should be put to death, I am unable to put the homosexual to death because secular law prevents me from carrying out the orders given to me by god.

My bible tells me that should my wife commit adultry or become a witch she should be put to death .

It is unfortunate indeed that the country I live in prevents me from carrying out my orders from god.

There are those who have been beguiled by the whispers of the evil one in that they believe that our lord and saviour has put away the old laws.

These are the lies spread by satan in order to confuse the faithful.
Our Lord made it quite clear that there is more chance of heaven being taken away than one word of the law being changed.

When the lord returns in his righteousness, those who have commited sin or have deviated from or tried to missrepresent the law, will surely wish to be dispatched by those that follow the law, because they will indeed suffer a greater misery and death that is hell for all eternity.

When the lord sends the gay man to the pit that is hell for all eternity for his abomination, those who supported his transgressions will surely follow.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Stop using the word "Christian" when referring to Catholics.

They practice CATHOLICISM. We Christians don't even use the same Bible as Catholics to.

Calling Catholics "Christians" just furthers the stereotype that they aren't Catholics, but Christians.

Catholics practice Catholicism, they use a Catholic Bible.

Christians practice Christianity, they use the Christian Bible.

not that i would have ever thought i'd be in a position to defend catholics, but here it goes:

catholics were first. they invented the concept of trilogy. they decided what was apocryphal and what was canon...

they accept and recognise the christ as the messiah prophesied in the old testament, thus they are a sect of christianity. one of the oldest, and are probably responsible for the perception of the christ's divinity.

Lies, the book of Acts states the first "Christians" were at Antioch in Syria, they translated the KOINE greek text to Latin.

The RCC translated their Bibles from Alexandrian Greek from Egypt which had Hindu and Buddhist influence.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

reply to post by zlots331

Are you feydrautha's magical talking parrot?

maybe you didn't notice, but I was speaking to him, in fact, I quoted him.

this is an open forum, not a private discussion.

Thanks for that clarity Capt. Obvious.

My point was I told YOU not to confuse something, then this parrot answers the statement directed at you.

You're aware there is both a "quote" option and a "reply" option I assume?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Hey dont forget your bible telling you to gruesomely murder unruly teenagers,slaves,sabbath workers and non beleivers too!

If your going to be a homicidal religious psychopath then why not do away with the bible altogether and just kill everybody who doesn´t share your hatefull,bigotted,small minded opinion?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
the christ, on the other hand, controlled no one. you are free to believe him or not. reply to post by feydrautha

What kind of nonsense is this brother?

If you dont believe the Lord you go to hell full stop period .

There is no choice, you belive on the Lord or you burn in hell, this is not freedom.

You dont funking argue with a man who has a gun to your head, you do whatever he tells you to do.Up untill the point when his orders become so repugnant that you call his bluff and tell him to go ahead and pull the trigger.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Hey dont forget your bible telling you to gruesomely murder unruly teenagers,slaves,sabbath workers and non beleivers too!

If your going to be a homicidal religious psychopath then why not do away with the bible altogether and just kill everybody who doesn´t share your hatefull,bigotted,small minded opinion?

The OT does say that. But you refuse to admit that the NT says Christians are no longer under the law, but under grace since Jesus died.

Read Galatians sometime...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

You're forgetting that Mosaic law also requires the testimony of two witnesses to the act itself for that person to be put to death.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

N.U.T
Thanks for the reply and for stating that you do realise the god of the bible is and acts like an unhinged,murderous lunatic.
As for cherrypicking out other nice bits from this book,I couldn´t realy give a hoot

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The OT does say that. But you refuse to admit that the NT says Christians are no longer under the law, but under grace since Jesus died. reply to post by NOTurTypical

I refuse to admit?

surely the reverse is true? in that you refuse to admit that there are many many interpretations of the bible , I'll stick by mine you stick by yours and the muslims will stick by theirs.

When I am stood at the right side of the Lord and you are damned to hell for preaching pervertion of the word, who will be admiting what then brother?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Wasn´t ´Hell´ a huge,sprawling rubbish tip on the outskirts of ancient Judea which vented noxious fumes and smelt of sulphurious odours?

I suppose the term conveniently became incorporated into the bible whilst it´s authors attempted to use it as a mechanism to control the masses.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Lookdeeper

When a Catholic priest molests a child, the people of the Catholic faith speak out and protest such actions, the law steps in an punishes the priest who is a criminal.

Did you bother to read the story line?

Israr Ullah Zehri, who represents Baluchistan province, told a stunned parliament that northwestern tribesman had done nothing wrong in first shooting the women and then dumping them in a ditch.

The freakin political leader supports this murderous act.

If this was the U.S., or any other western nations, the people responsible would be rounded up and locked away in jail, hopefully for the rest of their lives. In Muslim countries when these honor killings are acted out, the authorities, and the population in general look the other way. This is not acceptable.

True, but majority of these honor killings occur in countries that do not have "authority" over people. If U.S. wasn't a superpower and did not have control over its people I think things would be a LOT similar. Keep in mind, back in the days the churches ruled over everyone and witch hunting became a sport... Again, it wasn't the religion. It was the uneducated people ruling at the time.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Wasn´t ´Hell´ a huge,sprawling rubbish tip on the outskirts of ancient Judea which vented noxious fumes and smelt of sulphurious odours?

I suppose the term conveniently became incorporated into the bible whilst it´s authors attempted to use it as a mechanism to control the masses.

Absolutely not, hell was created by Satan the god of this world, no one controls anyone, we have free will. We are free to follow the word of the lord or suffer in hell it is our choice.
The bible is the word of god handed down flawlessly by the prophets, it has not changed.
except where its been misstranslated or misunderstood or been twisted by the whispers of the evil one in the ears of those not of true faith.

yes there was a rubbish dump thing but that is mere coincidence and not really relevant, because the Lord is coming with his mighty sword to put the sinner in the hell.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You're forgetting that Mosaic law also requires the testimony of two witnesses to the act itself for that person to be put to death.

So ? what difference does that actually make to anything ?

In relation to killing the end result is always the same death, in relation to motives well they are not much different in bible law or islamic law but neverthess, regardless of the motives the end result is allways the same, death.

if you break muslim law muslims will kill you

If you break te bible law fortunately for you your not allowed to be killed by a person but nevertheless the Jesusgod will kill you at a later date.

so whats the big difference ?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

N.U.T
Thanks for the reply and for stating that you do realise the god of the bible is and acts like an unhinged,murderous lunatic.
As for cherrypicking out other nice bits from this book,I couldn´t realy give a hoot
LOL!!!!

"Cherrypicking"?

No, it's looking at what the ENTIRE book has to say, not just the OT. What you are doing is a logical fallacy: ironically "Cherrypicking"

Cherry picking is the act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

Cherrypicking

You are only looking at the OT, and rejecting verses in the NT that state we are no longer under the law.

You're the one who is cherrypicking, not I. I admit the OT says to do such things, I ALSO point out that the NT says Christians are no longer under the law.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join