It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani Women Buried Alive 'for Choosing Husbands'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Good post, I agree, we need a world wide establish code of morality. There should be a certain level of basics that everyone should agree upon.

Killing for honor is one of those things that should not be accepted by any community.

It's already been established by your future world leadership:

www.radioliberty.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I was thinking of something more basic, like genocide, murder, rape, robbery, battery, extortion, larceny, fraud, molestation of minors will not be tolerated. Maybe throw in equal protection under the law, freedom of speech, and assembly, but these would be dificult to get a large number of nations to agree with.

I have no agreement with those stones you refer to.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

reply to post by enlighten2012

'abusers quickly prosecuted in western cultures'..you must live in lala land

At least I don't live with my head in the sand. IS this supposed to be a quote of something I wrote? because it isn't. I find this type of misquote offensive.

You can't prosecute someone when you are not aware of the crime, or don't know who the perpetrators are. In this case, it was well know who committed this heinous crime, and the authorities refused to do what was right, until international pressure forced action almost a month after the attack. Things aren't done this way in the Western world. The sad thing is that this type of crime is commone throughout the Muslime world, even in Western nations where Muslims have migrated.

My judgment is NOT based on religious beliefs. Do you really think religious beliefs can justify such horrific murders? Seems to me that is what you are implying.

I have no interest in going to a Muslim country at this time, but I don't have to, I have plenty of Muslims living near where I live. Most Muslims are not like this, I know that, but too many are, and there needs to be more efforts to shine a bright light on these horrible practices.

If killing one's children for honor becomes shunned in the Muslim community, fewer and fewer Muslims would engage in this practice. For that matter, how could it be conceived that killing ones child could save ones honor? Unless the practice was secretly accepted by large numbers of Muslims. I would think that the Iman and any spiritual advisors of a family that commits such an act would become very suspect as co-conspirators, and likely shunned by the community. There are far too many contradictions about this practice to over look it.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by poet1b]

i wasent quoting you at all, this is the meaning i got from your post and by the way...saying i have my head in the sand is alittle offensive to me!

maybe your not reading my posts properly either because no way am i implying that religious beleifs justify murder..... 'nothing' justifys murder of any sort.

living next door to a muslim dosent give you the knowledge you require to speak of the wrongs and rights of these people. the communities where these crimes are committed are not cities, they are country towns where the law does not hold high regard. saying this practice is acceptable by large numbers of muslims is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Honor killings are being carried out by Muslims in many European nations, and in the U.S. as well. Most of these honor killings are taking place in large cities, and sometimes, when the perps are brought to trial they are supported by their Muslim community.

www.spiegel.de...

In many cases, fathers -- and sometimes even mothers -- single out their youngest son to do the killing, Boehmecke said, "because they know minors will get lighter sentences from German judges." In some cases, these boys are revered by their community and fellow inmates as "honor heroes" -- a dementedly skewed status they carry with them for the rest of their lives.

There are a great many of these articles which can be easily found.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Ownification

While jilted spouses in the U.S., both men and women, sometimes resort to killing their ex's, it is not socially acceptable and could never be called an honor killing because anyone who does such a thing becomes a social pariah.

When killing of one's own children results in the shunning of a family in the Muslim community, as opposed to a way of restoring a families honor, then you will find a greater acceptance of Muslim culture among other cultures.

When a muslim family has to face the possiblility that they will become outcasts in their own Muslim community for a so called honor killing, then those killings will stop.

When you see the Muslim community supporting such murderers, it is hard to claim that it is not an acceptable part of the community.

Honor killings — generally understood to constitute an intentional ending of the life of someone who has brought shame on a family or to one’s self due to perceived or actual infidelity, unfaithfulness, or betrayal — regrettably occur in the Sikh community.

Now it is settled that it started from the Sick community. Now that Many Sicks have become Muslims, most still follow their previouse culture. The issue is settled

In ghetos it is a culture to punish the individuals who snitch(co-operate with the law inforcement agencies). The gheto community don't support this but it is cultural so they accept it until the people decide themselves to change it. You can't force someones culture to change by bringing armed men inside their houses. It has never worked, history will tell. The punishment of sniching varies, from death to beating up severly.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Has anyone calculated how many females, compared to males, are victim of the 'honour killings', for whatever perceived crimes ?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

www.spiegel.de...

In many cases, fathers -- and sometimes even mothers -- single out their youngest son to do the killing, Boehmecke said, "because they know minors will get lighter sentences from German judges." In some cases, these boys are revered by their community and fellow inmates as "honor heroes" -- a dementedly skewed status they carry with them for the rest of their lives.

There are a great many of these articles which can be easily found.

That is a sickening article and parents who make their own children commit murder in cold blood for the sake of some archaic,deluded mindset should be locked away for life.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join