It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COMIC contest 2!!!! ****THE WINNERS ARE AS FOLLOWS*****

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judging will take 2 days and then we will announce the winners!!

GOOD LUCK ALL

RESULTS ON THE 23RD

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Nice comic carrot! But how did you accomplish that! making the image so big on this thread!? Please do tell.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Great stuff everyone! I really enjoyed the reading!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Well Phoenix - its pretty ghetto and Old School... I drew it with Sharpie Markers on a blank peice of white paper (it took up most of the paper). I placed it on my desk, and took a very zoomed in picture with my camera. Then I uploaded it to my computer and then uploaded it to photobucket. lol. i have no idea why is so big on the post!!

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I think she was trying to find out what tags you used. I'd like to know myself. I've been using the [ ats ] [ /ats ] tags for posting images, but those will crop the right edge of any image wider than 600 pixels. I imagine the staff doesn't want anything posted that widens the tables and makes the screen scroll left and right, but for BTS it's probably not that big of a deal.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma
reply to post by CA_Orot

I think she was trying to find out what tags you used. I'd like to know myself. I've been using the [ ats ] [ /ats ] tags for posting images, but those will crop the right edge of any image wider than 600 pixels. I imagine the staff doesn't want anything posted that widens the tables and makes the screen scroll left and right, but for BTS it's probably not that big of a deal.

I'm not a she I'm a he lol. You know I've had so MANY people think I'm a she lol, but that was because of my old avatar which had a girl on it, or so I thought. A couple of days with my new avatar and I'm STILL a woman haha.

Anyway yeah that's what I was wondering, how can you get the image bigger lol, I wish ATS at least let us put images of 800x600.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

just press the quote buttong and you will see what she used.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx

just press the quote buttong and you will see what she used.

Yeah I already did that and didn't notice anything, but I did it again and I did see something. She seems to have used the [img] in a different way.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Testing. Here's a gift for Whatukno.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
that's absolutely gorgeous there Phoenix

[edit on 9/21/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

LOL garsh. Now I'm all embarrassed. I have to admit that I ASS-umed you were female based on your old avatar. To me, it really looked like an artistic rendering of how someone would present their own likeness, from a photo.

Funny though, how after I made that assumption, all of your posts (to me, anyway) came from the razor-sharp tongue of some hot gothy-emo type chick. I stand corrected. And red-faced.

And after you changed your avatar, I just figured you were a hot gothy-emo type chick with an obsession with Hayden Christiansen. Or Ralph Macchio.

So, anyway. That chick in your old avatar - do you have her phone number?

WUK: I recognize that redhead that pops up in your own avatar script. Pervert.

[edit on 9/22/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
You can find that hot chic from his avatar here...
www.ergoproxy.com...

I recognized his avatar from that anime...but i like his new one as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
You can find that hot chic from his avatar here...
www.ergoproxy.com...

I recognized his avatar from that anime...but i like his new one as well.

Yep he's got it right, for some reason a lot of people thought the avatar was a real girl in a picture put through photoshop, but no it's not a real person! lol it's a drawing, an girl from an anime called Ergo Proxy which Optix has kindly shown.

And the new avatar is not some guy I got a crush on haha, it's a unfinished picture I drew, that I quickly put up because everyone thought I was a girl haha.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Yeah I already did that and didn't notice anything, but I did it again and I did see something. She seems to have used the [img] in a different way.

I wish I knew! I honestly have no idea, how that even worked out that way. I just assumed the page moved to fit the picture
Je ne ces't pas (I don't know).

Sorry I can't help! I'm so not technical savvy when it comes to this stuff!

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot

I wish I knew! I honestly have no idea, how that even worked out that way. I just assumed the page moved to fit the picture
Je ne ces't pas (I don't know).

Sorry I can't help! I'm so not technical savvy when it comes to this stuff!

- Carrot

LOL as you can see I figured it out, check out my post by clicking on quote and look at the [img] code, see something odd? You did it twice. Which somehow overides the limit.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Testing. Here's a gift for Whatukno.

AHHh!! I see!!! Hmmm i guess thats pretty cool! I'm sure that will be corrected soon though... lol.

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Cripes. I tried several different things. For some reason it works with the pic Phoenix gave to WUK, but not with mine. I even changed it from .png to .jpg with the same results.

I wonder if it has anything to do with it being hosted on flickr as opposed to photobucket. That's the only difference I can see, other than the pic dimensions.

Would anyone here be willing to download my entry and upload it to their photobucket account? I know it's free and all, but I use flickr and I'd rather not join another site just to try this.

Anyway we're wandering way off-topic here, and I don't want to clutter up Asala's thread; so maybe I'll post a thread about this in the board/business section

[edit on 9/22/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
nice pic _phoenix_ its very distracting lol.
testing:
hehe pic by me.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
LOL you guys need to look at the code properly! Look at my quote again.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
lol it only got a bit bigger that's why i did not notice at first.:bnghd:

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join