It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stan Romanek: Fact or Fiction?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Has anyone else heard anything about his extraordinary claims? I know a few months ago Jeff Peckman stated that Stan's documentary would be released soon. I cannot seem to find anything on it.
Although I am on the fence with this case, I still think some of the video's he has released look fake.
Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Pepper

i think we will all know when the video comes out because i have this feeling that they will come up with some grand scheme to get us in a frenzy like they did before. i am sure it will be target marketed to maximize the earning potential.

to bad the truth has to be sold

what do you think ? fact or fiction ?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by easynow]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

You know... I am just not sure. I really don't see someone, rather, a group of people putting all of their reputationson the line. I mean, all the major news outlets here were covering it. If it is all one big flabbergast, charges should be filed on those that were involved. Look how that bigfoot hoax turned out.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

You hit the nail on the head. People want the truth, but they now have to pay a price.
"You can learn more about my powers if you buy my book."
"I can teach you how to use your powers if you pay $1000 for my lecture/class."
Come on down to UFOcon. It only costs $150 to register early. Be prepared to spend money on books, DVDs, toys, T-shirts and other stuff. Also, the soda machines will be $3 and any food sold will be extremely overpriced! We learned that all the comic book conventions do this, so why not us?

While there may be some real information in them, the fact remains the dollar is the bottom line.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yes a fake,
If you had irrefutable proof of your claims there would be no need to market it, it would market itself and you would make a profit anyway with out selling a book to provide proof lol. I say, provide proof of what ya' claim, then write a book about how you became involved in your claims and make a profit then. No one does that of course, too feasible.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think that Stan is for real, but I also agree that it is a shame when contactees/abductees try to make money from their experiences.

The fact is that no matter how extraordinary the proof or your experiences are, you are not going to make much money from this phenomenon and the eventual personal cost is always much higher than the financial gain.

Call me a conspiricy nut if you like but, I think that fact that it is damn near impossible to make money from this phenomenon is intentional. I have had experiences my whole life, but I keep them a secret from my friends and family, just because they would lose all respect for me if they knew the truth. Having anything to do with this phenomena has become shameful and admitting to being an abductee would be social suicide. I would never appear on TV or in the newspapers to tell my story, just because doing so would make me lose my friends and possibly my job due to high number of health and Safety regulations. Would you want a nut-case teaching people to drive forklift trucks where you work? I am betting not.

I have heard Stan's argument for the delay in releasing his footage and he says that it is out of his hands. That he is contractually obliged to withhold it because the people that are investing in making the documentary want to be able to make some money for their effort. The main selling point for this documentary is that it will be the first time that the well anticipated footage will be seen by the general public. The same thing happened with the old (fake) Roswell footage. That isn't to say that Stan's footage is fake, but that it makes good business sense to let the anticipation build. I don't think that Stan did himself any favors by selling the rights to his footage, but I can understand how he may have been able to justify it to himself. This way when the footage is released it will be backed up by any evidence for it's authenticity that the scientific group that is studying it can find.
The trouble is that as soon as this evidence is presented it will be disregarded by every large media group in the West.

I think that it would have been much better if Stan had just released his footage onto the web for people to make up their own minds, but then again who knows this time may be different; I just doubt it.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Stan and his family have every right to "sell" his story. His experiences have been going on for 8 years, and he has not made one dime to date. Look at his website, you will see lots of evidence posted there. Go to one of his 5 hour presentations and see and hear for yourself his evidence. And by the way, those talks are free to the public. Stan has no means to make a living, because due to his "experiences" and the stress they have brought to his life, he has a rare and untreatable condition that prohibits him from working. Stan's evidence speaks for itself, and that evidence is very, very real. As for the documentary...it will come out, but they need money to complete the scientific evaluation of his evidence. So many people have worked long and hard for no money, because they are in awe of his experiences and evidence. But at some point the researchers need money to complete their evaluation. Should you wish to make a donation, or find an investor, please email Stan from his website - www.stanromanek.com.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think the "Bigfoot in Georgia" scam may have had an effect on the video(s) of an alien. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!
I will be extremely skeptical of any claim when they charge money. The Georgia boys stated one of their goals was to make as much money as possible. I do agree Mr Romanek has a right to make money on it, but he will have to deal with the heat that goes with such decisions.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I agree Stan should be able to make some money from his experiences, especially if he is unable to work because of his encounters. The trouble is that it is damn hard to make any money from this phenomenon.

No-one wants to touch it, because openly taking this stuff seriously usually means that no-one will take you seriously.

I think it is a shame when people try to make money from their experiences, because no matter how much they work at it, they will almost always end up bitterly disappointed.

I hope that Stan does make some money from this and that people start to actually look at this whole phenomena in a mature and open minded way. I am just too pessimistic to believe that it will happen.

I find it much easier just to pour all my stuff into the sea of evidence on the web. That way no-one can question my motives and perhaps at some point in the future, someone who is researching this stuff seriously may stumble across my story and might actually be able to use it as a piece of the greater puzzle.

Look at all of the breakthroughs that are happening concerning alternative fuels. As soon as it became economically necessary then the large meta-corporations started to make quantum leaps in their developments of this stuff in the space of a couple of years.

Before this time the techniques were there, cars have been built, but the technology just hasn't been picked up. It is exactly the same thing with UFO research. A lot of work has been done and we have learned a lot over the years, but all of this data is laying just below the surface, awaiting the day when the powers that be decide that it would be profitable to bring it into the light.
Judging by the increase of coverage in the media, I suspect that this time is just around the corner, but I am also suspicious of their motives.
I think that they will pick the accounts that seem to point toward whatever theory that they wish to present to the public.
Has anyone seen the trailers for the remake of 'The Day Aftr Tommorow', if not have a look and see if you can guess what spin they are trying to put onto the visitors motives.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If the video is not out by now, it will never be out, and if it is, it will likely be fraudulent, IMO. Of course, I offer no proof that Stan is or isn't a fraud, because he hasn't released any video yet. All I know is his actions are extremely suspect regarding a 10 second piece of film thus far.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I cannot help but think about the hoaxed Haiti video. I remember reading that the creator of the video was making a documentary about how people are fooled by fake footage. I just hope Stan is not involved with that.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Stan's case does not revolve around 10 seconds of footage. He has photographed several UFOs, he has also filmed two separate entities.

He is also dyslexic person that has been observed automatically writing several mind bending long equations that have been checked by several high level physicists and seem to deal with using electromagnetic energy to manipulate space/time.

In my opinion Stan is either a brilliant fraud or a fascinating source of compelling evidence.

I am beginning to change my opinion concerning his choice to release his evidence in a documentary.

A stack of equations, photos and film footage would be consumed and forgotten, where'as this way anyone that wants to see the footage will be exposed to all of Stan's evidence.

For more info about Stan's encounters and evidence here is a link to his site.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have just realized that I said 'The Day After Tommorow', but I meant 'The Day The Earth Stood Still'.

It doesn't matter now, but I have just noticed it and it really bugged me because it completely destroyed the point that I was trying to make.

Jeremy, why don't you tell us how you really feel.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremy_Vaeni

Naw... I think we will see the videos. IMO... if he doesn't produce some kind of footage, all that "hard work" he, and the scientist's put into this project will mean nothing. Also, Jeff Peckman's name will be smeared (if it isn't already).
Referring to previous posts,it seems there are some Stan supporters, or maybe people that know him personally. If he, or someone he knows see's this, maybe he can provide a date when the "documentary" will be released.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Pepper

Some of us already have. It leaked and it was real but it had to be taken down because of threat of legal action against the person that posted it on youtube.

They showed us a copy of the email they received before they took it down.

I am sure that some people made their own copies before it was taken down though.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
At this point I don't believe Romanek. His so called alien footage has all the hallmarks of a marketing campaign... just like the recent Bigfoot blunder. It's a well worn method. You should all be able to recognize the pattern by now.

I'd be highly surprised if anything substantial came out of this, other than profits to Romanek from those too eager to believe or from TV Networks & their Sponsors wishing to make a quick sensationalist dollar.

Why all the wait? To create demand! ... and demand = profits.

The only reason it got pulled from YouTube is because it was going to eat into Romaneks profits on his (no doubt) soon to be released Romanek DVD.. It's a copyright issue and not one of non disclosure or government conspiracy.

If it was about forwarding the UFOlogical movement or enlightening 'mankind' it would be broadcast across every Network for the whole world to see by now. Therefore you must push Romaneks excuses aside and come to the obvious conclusion that it isn't about that at all. It's about monetary gain for Romanek & Co.

We should stop giving this charlatan attention and let him slide ungraciously into the UFO HOAXER HALL OF SHAME where he deserves to be.

Enough said!

IRM

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I hope there was some copies!

Any one out there with any copies of the leaked original for us???

What is the latest on Stan's video BTW? Anything???

There is nothing on his web-site about the video or it's release.

In fact ... there is not a lot on his web-site at all ...

[edit on 3/9/08 by Horza]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Good old/new ATS! The same 1st day that Larry king posted the re-creation on CNN (!)...ATS had a link to a copy of the"real" fake video and it had a time code burnt in at the screen top. It was up forever and a day, and...tons of people saw it , bookmarked it, copied it and shared it, so I am surprised you had zero knowledge of this.It was a very short clip and the fake CNN version a better fake. I pity the poor cat that was "shaved" for the video and... I have a NY Bridge to sell the guy or gal who pays for this!!..The thing blinked alot..does that mean anything???

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
As soon as someone starts asking for money for anything to do with a so called getting the truth out subject.
Then I automatically believe them to be a con artist.
Because someone who it really happened to would not care about money anymore as they would be so amazed by what has happened they would just want to tell people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join