It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Testing ATS, what is this anomaly ... more too follow.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
That was way to easy, its an orb with the dome light on. If you noted all the "spirit" orbs in the graveyard, it's a pretty good indicator that the door to Heaven isn't open yet.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
That was way to easy, its an orb with the dome light on. If you noted all the "spirit" orbs in the graveyard, it's a pretty good indicator that the door to Heaven isn't open yet.

Those orbs are in as good as every picture here.
Anyway that one was already answered, he was talking about the bat.

[edit on 2/9/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve
reply to post by umbr45

There's something called rational thinking. There's nothing paranormal here and there won't be. This is a little game while he's on his high horse. He thinks he holds the secrets or that he's better than us and that he has the right to test us on things any rational human can see are not paranormal. As if the people on this forum are all crazy and will dismiss common sense. This is an insult to your nature. Maybe you'll stand for being talked down to but I won't and frankly I think he's an embarassment to this community.

I hope this topic gets locked or better yet deleted so OP will reap no benefits from this blatant attempt to humiliate both the members and staff of this forum.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by SkepticalSteve]

Excuse me?

I have clearly stated in the title that it is a test, but in that, it is not a test as too how gulible or stupid and definatley not an attempt at pointing the finger at ATSers' and laughing.

Many times, I have found myself looking at a picture that is posted on ATS and, after scratching my head in thought as too a rational explanation for what I have seen in the image, have had it clarified and justified by ATS members. Such is the pool of ideas that exists here, it is a good idea too ask for as many opinions as possible and draw upon the knowledge and experience that exists here at ATS.

As is the nature of anything posted... What is something that doesn't "waste your time" here on ATS? What are you seeking even by coming here? It is after all an "alternative discussion" forum.

My motive is clear and I haven't claimed these pictures as being paranormal, if that isn't clear, here is a run down of what I am after.

We have taken images that require an explanation, the first pic WAS very evident to anyone that could see it, the reason as too why I said that if the wings were perpendicular too the body of the bat, it could have been a blur and without coherant definition and as such could have been perceived as anything... but it wasn't. Considering bats in this area are not that prolific, I was amazed that I took a photo of one in the first place.

The second image IS the image that I seek further analysis on (and no, I am not saying that this is paranormal,) but still, it is too me, personally, unexplained. (Though the insect trail is promising at this point.)

In response too "rational thinking" and referring too your post as being wholely inclusive as too represent what the rest of the members of ATS think, as this is what they all think according too your post, due too the use of "us" in your retort.

"...or that he's better than us and that he has the right to test us on things..."

The whole point of posting this thread is a TEST it is mentioned in the topic.

How more obvious can I make the intention of this thread?

Forums are a relm for discussion and debate, at no point has any speculation or misleading intent been displayed on my behalf... well nothing that has been intentional anyhow.

What are the benifits here for me? A flamming? Points? A star? A flag? Recognition?

As you can see by my join date, I am mainly a lurker here.

I have some, (I think) interesting photos and will post them here for other ATS members too break down piece by piece.

I'm sorry for the long winded reply, but in this I am hoping too reply and answer all future posts that are along these lines.

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines
Just to jump on the bandwagon:

It is a bat.

The wing structure, the shape of the body...hell, even the way in which it is flying is a dead giveaway.

Nice little 'illumination' on it though. If you hadn't said it was a raw picture then I would have thought someone added it in...and poorly.

In the flash when I took the picture (I look at the LCD screen when taking a picture), I saw something in the foreground momentarily.

Then we got home and put the photos on the computer and saw that it was indeed a bat, wasn't sure what it was at the time... but it's strange how it turned out.

It looks like an x-ray, maybe because of the transperency by lack of muscle density in the wings?

Maybe that should be the real treat to this thread: Real pictures of the everyday can look, at first, to be fake. Perhaps we should be a little slower to yell fake at everything that is crisp and easily percieved.

Thanks for this comment.

Cheers, Fox.

(Edit: For clarification)

[edit on 2/9/08 by fox_3000au]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju

Hi debris765nju,

I'm not a big fan of "orb" photos, though there are a few images/videos that I have seen that make me wonder about their validity as being paranormal.

Just erring on the side of caution here, though I think your post is laced with skepticism, the rapidly and erratic orb phenomena is puzzling.

Here is a RAW pic that we took.

Lots of orbs....

If that counts for anything?

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Clearly you don't know dust and airborn particles when you see them. But then you see electric aliens in JPEG compression artifacts, so you're not exactly well-versed in imagery

reply to post by fox_3000au

Dust, small insects, particulates. When the relatively-strong light from the flash hits them, the light reflected back in the lens is distorted, giving you the effect you see there. As long as dust can explain these photos, it is the height of irrationality to believe anything else without a shred of evidence.

I'm not being harsh, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of these phenomena.

thanks for testing us! It's always good to see there are rational people out there who don't leap on something they don't see and scream "omfg ghost!!!eleventy!11!1", and you seem to have brought them out of the woodwork.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Hi dave420,

Like I have said I'm not a big fan of the "orb" phenomena, and I'm not saying the following too start debate or unearth (in depth) discussion but some of the rapid movement and sort of localized, responsive orbs are what I am pointing at as being a cause for reconsideration.

Cheers, Fox.

(In regards to wood work.... most of them seem too be masons.)

[edit on 2/9/08 by fox_3000au]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

You are clearly iconoclastic, instead of judging others you should spend a little more time analyzing yourself. You don't come across as intelligent, merely obnoxious, and any ignorant person can do that. My comment was humor.......duh

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
its a bat illuminated by the camera flash

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
the picture posted by debris765nju at the top of the page looks more like your lens is filthy rather than orbs

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This thread and pics are not interesting nor are they a test.

There is nothing paranormal about the pics posted.

Please post this in the grey area or some other forum that vids and pics are analyzed.

A flying bat is a test

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

in this case there might not be anything paranormal about a bat or the suspected moth or even the orbs but as fox_3000au said its a TEST to what other people see i have often taken a photo or had one taken of me and when put on the computer or developed there has been something strange in it that was not visable at the time of the picture being taken and have spent hours trying to find a logical answer for it i enjoy seeing other peoples and helping them explain what it could be good thread fox_3000au

[edit on 3-9-2008 by derangedinsanity]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Well, specific conditions are required for these small objects being correctly illuminated by the flash, including but not limited to the focus of the camera, the flash mode, atmospheric conditions, etc. As long as we can reproduce "orbs" that look exactly like the ones in the alleged ghost photos, assuming them to be anything else is absolutely futile.

reply to post by debris765nju

I'm not judging anyone - I'm merely trying to be accurate. If that strikes you as obnoxious, maybe it's time to take a look at your thought processes. You made your fantastic inability to objectively look at photos incredibly clear when you were banging on about Electric Aliens that were compression artifacts, after being shown your light-trail photos weren't Electric Aliens either.

Get a grip, seriously.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
This thread and pics are not interesting nor are they a test.

There is nothing paranormal about the pics posted.

Please post this in the grey area or some other forum that vids and pics are analyzed.

A flying bat is a test

Some people are interested in the orb phenomena, of which pictures in this thread have been posted and are still up for discussion.

Yes, the flying bat is a test, I said that it was a RAW image and if I hadn't said that, (or posted an image that I altered one pixel with Photoshop in) we would be both having a different discussion right now, wouldn't we?

The picture at hand is the one of the "Flying Insect".

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by derangedinsanity
reply to post by Tuebor

in this case there might not be anything paranormal about a bat or the suspected moth or even the orbs but as fox_3000au said its a TEST to what other people see i have often taken a photo or had one taken of me and when put on the computer or developed there has been something strange in it that was not visable at the time of the picture being taken and have spent hours trying to find a logical answer for it i enjoy seeing other peoples and helping them explain what it could be good thread fox_3000au

[edit on 3-9-2008 by derangedinsanity]

Thanks for the post degrangedinsanity,

It's sometimes good too get an opinion on what a photo may contain, that you , yourself can't explain.

Would be happy too give you mine if you care too post the pics.

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
[edit on 5/9/08 by fox_3000au]

EDIT: Have edited this post a few times, having problems with the images, hopefully they will appear properly in the next post.

Fox.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Well, specific conditions are required for these small objects being correctly illuminated by the flash, including but not limited to the focus of the camera, the flash mode, atmospheric conditions, etc. As long as we can reproduce "orbs" that look exactly like the ones in the alleged ghost photos, assuming them to be anything else is absolutely futile.

Here's a futile attempt...

One is upon entry too the cemetery, the other is on the way out.

(Click too see full sized images, or try the links.)

i35.tinypic.com...

i33.tinypic.com...

The following is a Photoshop overlay and close up of the orbs, not exact, but in a position that credits critique.

i33.tinypic.com...

...Up close...

i38.tinypic.com...

Cheers, Fox.

EDIT: Pics didn't load correctly.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It looks like a distant aircraft anti-collision light.
Probably on a radio tower or something similar to that.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
What picture are you referring too?

Fox.

EDIT: Removed "quoted" reply.

EDIT: The usual suspect... spelling.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

The red dot in the center of the first two pictures. It appears white in the third composite picture and the fourth close up, but I have no reason why that is. In the second picture it looks slightly dimmer, so I assume it was flashing. Am I seeing the wrong dot?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join