It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False/half awakenings (spiritually speaking), getting through it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The topics about Awakenings (spiritually speaking) are pretty populair as of late and maybe for good reason, not totally sure yet (but am sitting on the 'it is real' side of the fence).

Some poeple are declaring that they have awakened but they really are just hitting the snooze-button on the 'Awaken' alarm clock, they opened their eyes but are still having the foggyness of percieved reality clouding their view. Don't get me wrong though it's better than being totally asleep (in context of what might be needed of the people of the earth at this time) but the full potentiality has not even been scratched of what could be possible.

I'm one of those that's hitting the snooze-button for a while now not knowing what i should do with what i'm thinking is true. I have been shaken into wakefulness these pas few years knowing (thinking to know) the outlines of things to come, opportunities that may pop up, obstacles to take on and times to go through but i have not a friggin'clue what my role in this whole (possible) ordeal should be.

Is it enough that i am where i am doing what i'm doing (letting my behaviour and location within the world be enough for the poeple surrounding me and typing away brainfarts forcing their way out of me onto the Internet) or is it something else i should be doing? I really do not have a clue. I am thinking about going to some New-age community(Link) but i'm afraid that i will flee the scene screaming for sanity, so i'll just visit first, who knows, maybe in a year i will be a fullfledged latterday New Age Neo-Hippy. Maybe i should just go and volunteer myself somewhere, taking care of old people or something. One thing that i personally think is a legit source of info ( but i could be wrong
) is the book in my sig. IF it's true it is pretty much mindblowing. The book talks about the four universal laws (Laws of attraction, allowance, balance and deliberate creation), some conspiracy planned to overwelm the human psyche ( Like the thing D4rk kn1ght is talking about Link Link
Link)and force it into such a low vibration that we will miss the coming cosmic leap and be stuck somewhere. And it talks about a possible solution that is pretty much using the four laws to derail the evil plan to suck our souls and eat our brains ( well, just kidding about the soul sucking and brain eating part, i hope
)

Anyway, i'm restless and on this site i can see threads of people having the same problem without any direct source in reality. Small example.

Does anyone feel like they are constantly waiting?
A feeling like you are waiting for something???
What are we Waiting For???
What are we waiting on ?
What are we waiting for?

This is not really a 'I have the same thing' acquintance topic because there are enough of those, just want to know if and what people are doing with the feeling they are having. As of yet i'm not doing anything with the restless feeling i'm having besides meditating more than i used to (wich is a step in the right direction i think). And there is a plan forming in my brain to give the new-age neo-hippy community a shot next year (after my birthday) and see how that goes.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Harman]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
From my experience "seeing beyond the veil" is seeing perfect order and divinity in chaos. The desire to fix everything because the universe is "broken" goes away. Kindness and empathy are the dominant emotions, but those that feel they are "chosen" to teach and repair everything in God's universe because they are now superior to the "unenlightened" are acting from ego.

I am not saying you fall into that category. Just sharing my two cents.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
What does it mean if you keep on seeing 11:11 on clocks? Does it mean anything?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
From my experience "seeing beyond the veil" is seeing perfect order and divinity in chaos. The desire to fix everything because the universe is "broken" goes away. Kindness and empathy are the dominant emotions, but those that feel they are "chosen" to teach and repair everything in God's universe because they are now superior to the "unenlightened" are acting from ego.

I am not saying you fall into that category. Just sharing my two cents.

That is something to really take into account yeah, the whole ego thing. I don't have the feeling i'm personally falling into this trap (but could be!) because i really am not feeling superiour in any aspect of what is happening. So i'm guessing it is coming from some other source (just saying the ego is not involved, there are enough other delusional possibilities besides the genuine ones).

I'm jealous of people that just reflect the good things in humanity without the whole spiritual aspect imposed on it. Friends of mine life pretty much 'in the flow' (controlling the flow) without knowing about stuff like the secret, not needing it because it already is working for them.

And, just speaking for myself here, it is not something to be 'superiour' about when your semi-awake in the possibility that you should be doing something you are not really doing.

In any case it is something to explore if you have such a feeling, follow your gut to where it may lead.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Volt_
What does it mean if you keep on seeing 11:11 on clocks? Does it mean anything?

My guess is that it is part of a wake-up call but if you read about it on the net you get 100's of sites all saying something different. But i think it has to do with the not so distant future and some final wake-up call because it is getting pretty much ridiculous

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Harman]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just to comment on a few things..hope you don't mind.

Remember when we were learning to write? We would have 2 or 3 lines to write our letters on, so that we could perfect the form? Gradually the space we were allowed to write on got smaller and smaller.

The Law of Attraction is like this. It is one of some odd two dozen laws that illustrate a point. Those Laws make another, more broad law. "As above, so below, as within, so without." But even that law is one of seven that illustrate an even larger, more abstract concept.

Another topic, this is how it was explained to me..about Awakening. It seems to make sense.

There are four stages of "Enlightenment." Of course there are degrees to the stages.

#1 You're asleep. You're living in the dream. You may sometimes wonder if it is a dream, but nonetheless, you're still dreaming.
#2 You're Awake. You're out of bed, but it's dark. You're stumbling around trying to find the light switch. You can still make out most of your surroundings.
#3 You're Enlightened. You turn on the light switch. You can now see clearly. Sometimes you might think about going back to sleep, but you're alert now.
#4 nonreturn. At this point, you are fully Enlightened. You will never again go to sleep, or a lesser state.

I skipped around some of the finer points, but I believe this should give the gist of it.

Many people have very weird concepts of what enlightenment is. While I do not claim to have reached such a point, I have met people who are internationally recognized as having been enlightened. (disclaimer, if indeed there is such a thing. Just had to put that here so some skeptic nazi don't bite me in the butt)

Being enlightened does not mean omnipotence. Some people tend to confuse to two, thinking that Enlightenment gives you all the powers of Neo and Jesus combined. Not at all. There are entirely separate processes for the development of "powers." They are generally called Siddhis, but there are other names for them.

The development of Siddhis is often frowned upon as leading away from enlightenment. Many would mistakenly judge the development of powers as having reached a level of enlightenment.

Nonetheless, numerous masters who were said to be enlightened did demonstrate supernatural abilities. At least what was perceived as such at the time. Generally however, enlightened people never exhibit abilities at all. Most don't even look into developing them.

Enlightenment is simply freedom, returning to a natural state of neutrality.

Now, there are numerous systems, like the Siddhi path, or Shamanism, or any number of esoteric practices that focus on manifesting some supernatural result in the physical world. But these should not be confused with any particular stage of Enlightenment.

I hope I didn't take your thread too far off topic. My apologies if I did.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreySwordsman

Thanks for the in-dept reply, go off topic in my threads whenever you want
. Although it was pretty much the way i would like to take this topic, beyond the 'Hey, me too!' stage and into the 'And now what?'.

My idea is that people getting synchronisities left and right 'pushing' (do not take this to literaly) the person into a direction are the ones that at one time or another will get a opportunity to 'step up on the plate', it could be that this is still the preparing phase of something pretty big and still 'under the radar' untill the time is right. Like a game of chess and this 3th dimensional reflection is subconsciously aware while being consciously oblivious about the things to come and the actions to take.

In any case, the next few years will be when whatever is being played out and if not than i have to admit that my fantasy is running wild and i'll get into the business of writing blockbuster movies

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
At one time in my life I had thought that I had "awakened". I was about 16 and had just accepted JC as my personal GOD.. I was truly excited about it. I did my best to walk the walk and talk the talk.

As time went on I began to question my awakening. I began to search and study. I literaly traveld across continents to try to satisfy what ever the # urge for knowledge and of course i needed to expieriance that knowledge. After a few years that ended...needed money..companionship..that kind of thing...but I still would be able to # off for a while if I needed....

Then, lately I began to think that I had an extraordinary "journey" and maybe the "journey" was the whole deal and that maybe nobdoy ever really "arrived". I sort of tried to make that fit....but it still did 'nt add up....still I was intrigued with the whole "life is a journey" bull# and then...

As I began to try to come to terms with the above I began to see things again. Sort of like when I #ing search and search and do not find # and then when I stop looking I began to see stuff...kinda of idea....

AND NOW I get the feeling that somehow I get a glimpse of maybe the way things should be. AND after I get a glimpse I feel like a retard....as if I should have known that and as if is "what the hell was I all tied up in knots about...I mean its that #ing simple....how in the hell did I miss....a child could have figured this out....thats sort of where I am at....and its a cool stage....I really enjoy the heck out of a lot of it....

PS. If you can make sense of the above maybe you have taken a journey sort of like mine.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreySwordsman
Remember when we were learning to write? We would have 2 or 3 lines to write our letters on, so that we could perfect the form? Gradually the space we were allowed to write on got smaller and smaller.

The Law of Attraction is like this. It is one of some odd two dozen laws that illustrate a point. Those Laws make another, more broad law. "As above, so below, as within, so without." But even that law is one of seven that illustrate an even larger, more abstract concept.

Please use another analogy to explain the law of attraction. I don't get your point.

I ask because years ago the law of attraction seemed to work quite well for me, however now it is much much more difficult, to the point of not even bothering to try anymore. I am not saying it doesn't work, it just doesn't seem to work for me the way it used to. But at the same time I did have a life altering "lifting of the veil" experience which made me much less invested in this world, I see it as transient and ultimately not a big deal, but that doesn't mean I would not mind things being easier while I am here. : )

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harman

Originally posted by Sonya610
From my experience "seeing beyond the veil" is seeing perfect order and divinity in chaos. The desire to fix everything because the universe is "broken" goes away. Kindness and empathy are the dominant emotions...

...And, just speaking for myself here, it is not something to be 'superiour' about when your semi-awake in the possibility that you should be doing something you are not really doing.

In any case it is something to explore if you have such a feeling, follow your gut to where it may lead.

I wonder if I can make 2 replies with one stone -

I agree with Sonya610 - I have no idea whether I can actually consider myself to be awakened - or not

I'm not sure I actually know anything about it - or agree with everybody's definition

but I found myself at a point where I started to find my center - a place to be -

I got my bearings and could look at the world around me more calmly and clearly

I know it's not enlightenment - mostly cause I'm still here :-)

and - apparently - still stupid

but, I see things I couldn't see before - and I understand the feeling of waiting - even if it's only for the other shoe to drop

but as she mentions - there's no need to enlist right now

just by being able to see things differently, or even - just be willing to LOOK at things differently - you've readied yourself for whatever may cross your path

I have a hunch that if all this anticipation precipitates an actual event - or if it is as simple as just being aware on a different level than you were before - if and when you need to actually do something - it'll be obvious

[edit on 9/1/2008 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
but, I see things I couldn't see before - and I understand the feeling of waiting - even if it's only for the other shoe to drop

but as she mentions - there's no need to enlist right now

just by being able to see things differently, or even - just be willing to LOOK at things differently - you've readied yourself for whatever may cross your path

Oh yeah, i'm pretty much ready (for as much as i know!) and maybe that is enough, being ready and able to keep a level head when things start falling apart (even if it is just a transitional phase to some better times on this planet).

I mean, IF that is the case and people do start to panic i'll help in any way i can, that is not something needing superpowers or needs to be done by someone special it just needs to be done when the time is there. In this case it could be me but in many other cases i look for help outside of myself for someone elses expertise, this is no different

I have a hunch that if all this anticipation precipitates an actual event - or if it is as simple as just being aware on a different level than you were before

It is anticipation i think but are we waiting for something in general, something bad or something good to happen, big difference. I think we will getting an opportunity to 'set things right' in the near future but we will be distracted by some mayor lightshows and false flag stuff going on everywhere to stop us using the energy traveling through us, and fear blocks and distorts that energy

- if and when you need to actually do something - it'll be obvious

We will see, i hope so.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Six months ago, I would have replied with one answer. Three months ago, another. This month, another.

Six months ago I was worried about how much food to stock up on, survival items, etc. Three months or so ago I was enlightened about the history of Lemuria and Atlantis, etc. This month I can carry on limited telepathic conversations with my Spirit Guide, Archangel, God, Higher Self, plants, wildlife, etc.

As far a Whiteraven's insight into "the journey of Life" I would have to say that Eckhart Tolle has the best definition (and as most Ascended Masters have said): the Journey is the Life - assuming that you live it in the "Now" - not the goal of the journey. In our lives, the past and future do not exist: we can only change and relate/enjoy the now. If you spend too much time thinking about the past and the future, you have let the "Ego" take over and the Ego was meant to serve the Spirit, not the other way around.

As far as the Manifestation is concerned (The Law of Attraction, etc.) I would say just the opposite: it is speeding up. I have read of two insights recently about this on the net: 1) the Photon Belt is speeding up time, so "things" (includes requests of Universal Laws) are appearing faster; and 2) Our collective "Earth" karma has been zeroed out: anything you do now (for good or bad) will not wait for your next lifetime, you will see it mirrored quickly in this one.

A good example:

I have/had been praying for "Soul Memory" so I would know who/what I was and did in my past 1000x times of reincarnation.

I had a restless time getting to sleep and a bit of foreboding. I do not normally remember my dreams very often, but last night I dreamed that I had murdered someone and was very disturbed about it (in the dream)."

I was also disturbed about it when I woke up. I also suffer from high blood pressure, so the following will make more sense.

When I woke up my Guardian Archangel basically said this: "This is one example of what you have done in your past lives. In this life, you have already made up for your past sins. Because of Free Will, we will grant you Sour Memory if you still pray for it, but be warned, the stress will kill your current body."

I basically replied that I preferred to be around to choose my Ascension time, and asked that my Soul Memory request be canceled and I would stop praying for it.

From what I have read, been told (from first-person channelings, etc.) and "feel", time is rapidly approaching. Basically you are either going to Ascend with Mother Earth, be part of the 3D after Earth Changes "Golden Age", or find yourself reincarnated on another planet that is worse than Mother Earth is today. It has been said that everyone will get a chance to Ascend to the Ascended Mother Earth, however, those of the Golden Age will get there a lot quicker than the last group.

Those of you who are going to Ascend, probably have some idea that they will (it was said once that there would be around 144,000 Ascended ones).

For the others, or those wishing to be at least in the running for the Golden Age, you need to start living in the "Now". This does not mean running to Church and praying for past or future deliverance.

You will get there faster by raising a garden, caring for the trees/animals/birds, etc. around you. Listen to Nature. Look at Nature. Feel Nature.
Instead of using RoundUp (TM), use a hoe. Instead of throwing away a plastic plate, throw away a paper plate. Better yet, hand-wash the dishes.

Instead of spending the day watching the Races, or the Theater, or the TV, go outside (if you can - or find a nearby park, etc.) and watch and listen to the birds, the people, the wind, etc. Find your nearest Ancient Tribe and see if they offer classes or teachings on how to make outdoor shelters from natural items, how to live off the land, etc.

Start thinking about going vegetarian. Start in small steps if you need to. Start doings these things NOW...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

another analogy? The law of attraction is not a stand alone concept. It is one of many laws used to make a more abstract ideal understandable and usable. For example, you may not understand what a beverage is simply by being told what it is called. But by examining the contents, you get greater understanding of the drink itself and what's in it. The law of attraction is simply one of many ingredients that make up a much larger law.

Now as far as why it may not be working for you now, there could be many reasons. By activating the law incorrectly, we could instead be invoking the law of repelling. It is not simply the effect of a person's dominant thoughts. There must be a unity. A person's thoughts(including beliefs), feelings, and actions must be in harmony in order to get the Universe to comprehend properly. When there is a flaw in our message, the Universe responds by asking for clarity, causing resistance to your objective. On other occasions your desire may be too vaguely expressed, or may be hindered by a belief.

Does this help?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

My opinion of synchronisities is that instead of certain people being chosen, and pushed in a specific direction, everyone is being pushed, but it's a matter of recognizing the call, and then answering it. Many times the things we notice may not make sense in a way that is applicable. It becomes important then to learn to interpret this language the Universe uses. Too often we have a bias in our belief system that prevents us from getting the correct message. This also is very similar, in my opinion to having a "vision". I will use shamans as an example, but they are not the only ones.. Shamans may have a vision, revealing some knowledge, but then they must understand it, and the language of spirit is far deeper than what we are used to. Just when you think you got it, you find even more subtle layers of meaning.

I find the whole Universe communicates with us all the time. My threads "Interaction with the Spirit World" comments on this idea, pretty in depth.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreySwordsman
Does this help?

Yeah, it makes perfect sense. The way it was phrased before made me think I was missing something. I am aware of all the technicalities regarding the law of attraction. But true desire and an optimistic attitude are key, and that is probably what I have lost and why it doesn’t work so well anymore. : )

Thanks for clarifying!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hmm, being shown quite vividly how absolutely revolting I am 99.9% of the time was quite an awakening for me. After the long and painful walk of shame, life sure looked different.

I gotta laf at the 'awakened' souls that start calling themselves light workers and don white robes and shiny medallions etc. People are sure at their darkest when they are pretending to be light
Reiki springs to mind - don't know why?!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

No I don't think that's it Sonya. It's not as easy as it used to be, something has definitely changed.

It's like the techniques are not really working any more. Anyway, mostly they were just more fodder for the ego.

Did you watch 'the secret' yet. Don't bother, it'll just make you vomit. Sanctimonious new age gurus who made a pile out of writing their trashy books, now claiming they know the secret - what a load of hooey.

Warmth seems to be the only currency worth having anymore - ask Stuie W, now there's a guy on the edge

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harman

Is it enough that i am where i am doing what i'm doing (letting my behaviour and location within the world be enough for the poeple surrounding me and typing away brainfarts forcing their way out of me onto the Internet) or is it something else i should be doing?

I think it is enough that you are doing what you are doing, IF, you are not sitting completely still.

Move through the world, doing your normal daily activities. Heed the calls for you. Your neighbor is at the door? Answer it. You need to go to the store? Go. The only thing to do differently is BE there. Whatsoever you do, do it with as much of your Self as you can bring to bear in the moment. Bring your Awareness to whatever you are doing. Be it fully, rather than think about it. It is hard enough practice, as I am sure you know. It is like a meditation that does not have the luxury of sitting still and saying Om. Bring that meditative stillness of the mind to the most mundane things.

I remember a saying, though I cannot recall who said it, it is easy to be enlightened up in a cave, sitting in meditation for hours a day. Moving through the world in that same "space" is much, much harder.

What you are meant to do next will show up, or circumstances will present it to you. When the time is right.

I too, have been in that "now what do I do?" frame of mind, and still find it here and there, and the answer I was given was, "learn to deal with uncertainty."

The Ego wants to know, it NEEDS to know. You see it in those threads you mention. "I KNOW what the answer is.... I KNOW what it looks like inside the sun.... I KNOW the answers to all your questions......"

As Sonya said, it is Ego that has gotten hold of the toy of "enlightenment." Nothing more.

The "Self," that which has been awakened, does not need to know. It is intelligence without a plan, intelligence that can make do, and better than make do, that can make perfection out of "what is" completely in the moment.

That feeling of "what do I do?" is Ego. It is spinning its wheels, it has lost its firm grip on you, and it isnt kicking and screaming about it anymore, but it doesnt know how to just relax and deal with things in the Now, the absolute present. It is just more practice in Awareness. The Ego still wants to run ahead in time. It is totally fine, it isnt something to be overcome, or stopped, it is just something to See and be Aware of when it arises. Remind yourself that Now is the time. For whatever it is that you need to do next. No thing is a small or insignificant thing when it is done with Love and Awareness.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Enlightenment is a con - IMO.

And it's an elitist con at that.

What do ya do when you get enlightened? Ya do the bloody same thing ya did before ya got it.

Gotta get off the tower before the ivory crumbles - enlightenment won't help.

Here's a question to ask, what did I do today that wasn't a complete and utter selfish waste of the planet's resources.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

No I don't think that's it Sonya. It's not as easy as it used to be, something has definitely changed.

It's like the techniques are not really working any more. Anyway, mostly they were just more fodder for the ego.

I dont think the Law of Attraction ever really did work the way it was stated in those books. I argued in the Law of Attraction thread of Skyfloating's, (after much thought and questioning of others) that the name is misleading. That it should have been called the "Law of Discernment" instead, and that what you were really doing if you practiced the LoA well was learning to see the road signs that would lead you to what was best for you, NOT actually making that appear out of the ether.

I think the real "Secret" is learning to be mindful, aware, trusting that what is best for you is here, trusting that once you are able to listen to your deepest heart, your Self, (rather than your fear based mind or ego) you will not want that which is not meant for you, and you can then use your internal guidance "like / dislike" to lead you to the things that are best for you.

More Taoist. You follow the signs to what you want, flow like water conforming yourself to your path, rather than the Western mindset of "Make it happen, bulldoze the path."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join