It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crackdown in Minnesota anticipating the RNC and Rights Violations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Where were these detectives before 9-11?
Police showed up at Convergence Space in a raid on Saturday, where a 5 Year old was handcuffed!
He was again terrorised as they raided the house he went to next!

Beginning at 9:17 p.m. last night, with the raid on the St. Paul Convergence Space, and continuing throughout the day today, police harassment and brutality towards the local community has proceeded at an alarming pace. At least five separate raids have been reported throughout the Twin Cities, with the primary focus appearing to be the confiscation of computers and personal affects.

• Last night, police raided an activist meeting location. All occupants, including a five year old child, were detained, handcuffed, and photographed. Computers were removed from the space, and some personal property (like notebooks) were seized;

• A private residence on 17th St. was raided this morning and had its door kicked in. The same five year old child was again terrorized by armed law enforcement. The police continue to threaten to board up the house unless minor code violations (like a broken door) are remedied;

• A private residence in St. Paul, occupied by local residents and out-of-town journalists, was raided on the basis of an identical search warrant to the one presented last night at the Convergence Space (it specified “bomb-making materials,” though nothing of the sort was apparently seized);

• A private residence on Harriet Ave. was raided and has been threatened with being boarding up.
Other, similar actions are being reported, but fuller details are not yet available.

Coldsnap Legal Collective and other groups stand opposed to this program of intimidation and terror. It is evident from all reports that there was no real concern about “bomb-making materials” or anything similar. On the contrary, these actions were taken to suppress dissent and detain activists. We call on all residents to contact their local elected officials, express their deep concern, and be prepared for the apparently draconian tactics the police seem to currently favor in their efforts to silence the voice the people in the run-up to the RNC.

They also raided Food Not Bombs, while calling themselves "the executioner" and "the terminator"
looking for glass bottles or cardboard containers!
What?

Adams says one arrest was made. Nathanael Secor, a main organizer of FNB, was arrested on charges of conspiracy to riot, she says.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
One has to wonder what the individuals that did the raiding though they were doing... Did they really believe there was a threat?

Did they believe they were doing "the right thing?" In America? Really?

And if not...WHY did they agree to impose themselves upon these people?

So many people here claiming to be police or military claim they would never be involved in just this sort of anti-American behavior, also claiming that none they work with would either and that there is no way that Martial Law (in reality as opposed to on paper) could ever happen here...

And yet... We see this. Just a beginning towards a true Martial Law state. Innure the public to this behavior. Make it commonplace and therefore accepted.

To any who would perpetrate such actions on citizens... What is your goal? Are your personal gains above the principles of freedom? If so, how wretched of you.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
And yet... We see this. Just a beginning towards a true Martial Law state. Innure the public to this behavior. Make it commonplace and therefore accepted.

To any who would perpetrate such actions on citizens... What is your goal? Are your personal gains above the principles of freedom? If so, how wretched of you.

Well said!
I think it's despicable that it's here, and not (supposed tyrannical countries) like Iran or China!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
People need to see this video..keep this post alive.
I am so mad I'm about to start using language not allowed on ATS.
MARTHA !! Where are my goddam pills?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

It makes me angry, too.
Apparently some want to shut down organizations likeFood not Bombs!
Dangerous, my foot!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Well, the DNC set up limits on protesting. Of course, it was mostly to keep traffic going. Kind of hard to show up at the convention with 20-30 people standing in the road with their KKK outfits on screaming "Kill dat darkay!"

Sure they didn't arrest 5 year olds, beat old people with nighsticks, bust down doors then say they would have the building condemned because of a broken door, but the DNC still did stuff.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Amy Goodman Violently Arrested Today at RNC

ST. PAUL, MN--Democracy Now! host Amy Goodman was unlawfully arrested in downtown St. Paul, Minnesota at approximately 5 p.m. local time. Police violently manhandled Goodman, yanking her arm, as they arrested her.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

Yes, the DNC had stuff similar happen!
None of these groups, except paid government provocateurs, did anything violent!(from what I saw)
Would these same people have arrested the Boston Tea Party group?

I can't believe Amy Goodman was arrested!
I can't believe the ABC producer was arrested!
Stupid!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Speaking of Boston Tea Party...

Anyone realize that the GOP would have had George Washington hun for treason? Had Ben Franklin shot and Adam's Drawn and Quartered? Becasue they questioned King George.

Anyways, DNC still had stuff happen. Though it was mostly limiting parades and protesting to keep traffic going and not handcuffing 5 year olds and beating old ladies.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You know... all this situation does is make people believe democrats/liberals are the real violent ones.

Now the 5 year old is obviously a violation. But the 30+ others that were arrested and charged (from what I just looked into) damn well deserve it.

I don't care who you are or what you are protesting, but slamming benches through business windows and damaging city property is by no means peaceful protesting. Did you see republicans/conservatives doing this at the DNC? I THINK NOT!

I know there are many anarchist on here, so ill be opening myself up to a lot of flaming with what im about to say.

Anarchist are nothing but a buncha guys who were for the most part neglected or severely controlled by their parents. A very very small amount of em actually do it because they believe in the cause. Their primary mission is to cause havoc and destruction and nothing more. Its not as much government as it is living in a fantasy (madmax) world. Ive been very close with the "anarchy" scene in my past. I speak from experience and nothing else.

Slightly OT:

People have forgot 100% about unity. There's a small select few in all political parties that seem to actually care about it (John McCain being one of them) and that's exactly why im voting for him. People are feeding into "the machines" propaganda and failing to see the REAL FACTS.

I will close by saying, the history behind a man says a million words.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Uh.... right. And your proof of this is?

Anyways, I feel sorry for the kids of anarchists. Can you imagine trying to rebel against them? I mean, how do you do that? Get a blue collar job and go to church? Lol.

So again, DNC limits parades and protests to keep traffic going, RNC terrorize 5 year olds and beat little old ladies with nightsticks.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Wait a minute!
Convergence Place and Food Not Bombs threw benches through windows??? I don't think so!

top topics

join