It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Flying Object in Hungary - please help identify

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Please Read this carefully before responding or looking at photos

Intro
I will try to be as clear and detailed as possible.
Again, please read the details carefully before looking at photos and responding.

Lights in the night sky
Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
No its probably a satellite - or so some may initially have thought upon first seeing this.

The problem seems that we dont look up to the sky much - and when we do, we automatically label what it is we think we see. No one actually 'looks'.

Well last night, I not only looked, but took a series of photos.

Untouched Photos
At my flickr account I have a series of 6, untouched photos.
I took it straight from the camera and uploaded the files.
You can see the meta data file information from the camera as verification.

I also have some additional shots I will talk about toward the end of the post.

About the photos
At first glance you will see a series of shots that look like a bunch of lights.
One larger light that is about star size, and then a bunch of small speck lights surrounding it.

At first it will seem these are separate.

The light specks have different colors. You should be able to see green, blue, etc.
The large light, at one point, flashed a series of colors matching that of the colors of the specs around it.

I tried to get a pic of it flashing colors, or rather of a color other than the white you see - but it did not do it again that I saw. Which is no biggy for the overall picture of things.

Unified Movement
I will ask if someone will take the 6 files and make an animated gif out of them and post it for us to see.

Without looking at the pics, one after another in sequence, the pictures at first glance would seem underwhelminging.
You could do this, like I did, by opening it an a pdf viewer and clicking through the sequence. (I did this on the mac with the large photos and it was amazing)

Keep in mind that there is a roof top at the bottom of the pictures in which you can use as a reference point.

And to see the group of speck lights, moving the same speed, and distance, as the larger light - is quite amazing. Its as if its one large craft.

One large craft
Its after this last statement that it seems this thing is actually connected.

If you look at the picture that says 'underside' (or really any of the photos, close up, of the brightest light) you will see small grey like box beside the big light.

When you pan over, further away from the light you will see that same grey box where it should be black sky.

When you look further you will begin to notice that this 'grey box' is the source for the speck lights. Some of them are on...some off.

The lights
So some of the lights were on and others turned off.
At one point the light in the middle flashed the colors of the specs...sorry no video and no pic of a different color. But again, at this point, its irrelevant against the backdrop of everything else.

The point is that the source from these lights seem to come form the grey box form to the right of the main light...and again that form can be found inbetween the speck lights and large light.

Now identify
At this point I have described the photos.
I did not, as of yet, edit the photos to show this.
At this point I will leave it up to you guys to do it - though I may eventually do it myself.

My point was to provide the unedited photos, and I am a bit excited, so I wanted to go ahead and post this.

Again, it may appear boring at first, but more interesting as you look and analyze the photos. And as more details are brought up, (i.e. crops of the grey box by the light and located away from the light, as well as it being the speck light source) as well as an animated gif of a huge shape of lights moving the same speed and distance in the sky - with the roof as a reference point to size...to show this thing must be big. (and again must be one vessel to move like that. And again the speck lights make sense in light of all the other things mentioned above.)

extra note about photos
It was not handheld - nor do I have a tripod.
- I propped it up on a 'stool' on the window seal, (see note about this below), with a small cardboard box to help the camera point up.
* it was not a reflection of light in the window. Look at the rooftop in the background and see the camera was in the same place and the lights moved. You will tell that the lights actually reflect on the object its coming from.

All lights inside were off.

- I used the 10 second timer as to get the clearest shot possible.
No camera shake by hitting the shutter button with my hand.
* If the roof is slightly out of line, its because it was not locked in a tripod - but Im sure most will agree its pretty consistent in placement.

- Some will laugh when they see the data from the camera, but it appears I had it in portrait mode. Not on purpose, but I was getting my shots...this is what counted.

- I did auto focus and then turned it off for each shot.
The camera is picky about not taking pictures if not totally focused in - and it doesnt focus in well on star like object in the sky. And with my eye sight I did not want to risk manual focus.

Now for the link
Again, I wish this could be viewed in a series. (overlap where you can see the movement) Again, hoping someone can do an animated gif with people remembering to check out the roof top in the background to get a sense of how huge this thing is.

Flickr even has the series backwards starting with the 6th photo. (So if someone makes an animated gif, careful of sequence, and thanks ahead of time.)

Here they are: Photos

Peace

dAlen

p.s. -
When you go to flickr look at the full image - its to small to see anything in thumbnail mode. (note: just checked the file on my computer, and it appears that flickr isnt displaying the full size image there...but the link I just gave should be big enough...anyway.)

Note: the lights all slant in the same direction...the spec light and the large light as if the underside of one large ship
Any blur to the light or stretching is the movement of the ship while being photographed.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Here are the links directly to the large images of the 6 sequence.
(Again, if someone can and wants to make an animated gif of them for this thread, it would be great.)

It totally is amazing to see the series of small lights surrounding the bigger one, moving in the same speed and keeping the same distance. (i.e., its part of the same craft.)

And to see the rooftop in the pic as a reference point to size is cool to I think.

Again the details are in the above post of what to look for - based on what I observed after analyzing the pics.

1of6
2of6
3of6
4of6
5of6
6of6

Again, if you can watch these in sequence to see the movement - simply amazing.

You can do this buy opening the above links in Tabs and then clicking through..

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

Hi dAlen, and thanks for sharing these pics:

as you kindly requested, i've made an animation (i've just cutted off the left sides of the photos, they weren't relevant).
The framerate is 1 sec./frame.

I also post some enlargements:

Pixel resize

Resample with bicubic algorithm

Pixel resize

Resample with bicubic algorithm

I look forward to read some opinions about what we see here: honestly, nothing comes to mind at the moment as possible explanation.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Internos, totally cool!

I really appreciate you taking the time to do this...thank you.

Im sitting back still analyzing all my photos.

In one of the photos it looks like a little grey diamond shaped object by the light.
And as I go to the left of it, towards where 'space' should be, I can see very faint grey diamond shapes - similar to the one by the light.

It looks as if they are the source for the spec lighting.

Again, thanks...

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
More Pics.
Its back tonight.

Some may say space junk...not with these lights.
Others satellites - well to big...look at reference animated gif Internos did for me.
(reference for size is the roof top at the bottom of pic - as well as diamond shaped grey 'boxes' between the lights...which may be where the lights come from...you will have to look at close ups at provided links for that.)

Anyway - 2 photos. Well 4.
2 are untouched originals...the other 2 are cropped only...no retouch.

Close up of underneath

and for reference...

Original of above...or uncropped

This one, the sky went dark, and then it started to get bright where the light was again...this could be called opening, as it must have been opening again - but I called it closing...either way.

Notice the wave and that it is closed in contrast to...

open
This one was last night. Sorry, it was a blurred pic, but there are others you can compare the opening and closing to at my flickr account...just follow links.

Oh and the original, or uncropped, closing

Its not a bird, its not a plane...and at this point, its not a satellite.
I have analyzed the pics, and it appears this is indeed one big connected piece of equipment. (i.e. the bright light to the small lights, and the grey diamond shape boxes which span the dark mass - which is probably the light source, etc.)

Anyway...

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
O.k.

Two more shots for the night.

The sky was black where the 'mother ship' was.
(I will refer to what has been discussed as the mother ship, as now things are going to get more complicated with the new photos. For any questions, read through all the material here and look carefully at all the pics...and then look again...

So, we saw a pic in the above of the large light source area actually closing or opening.
Kind of cat eye like.

Well the sky went black in that area.
For those not following the post, it would help to read all the material...ableit it is a lot...but it will answer your questions. - The point being is that the reference material shows the object or 'mother ship' being quite large. (The house roof was used as a reference...thank God it was in the picture.)

That portion of the sky again was black.
But if you examine the pic carefully you will see the same colorful lines...albeit a lot fewer lit up. I suppose it would be similar to the stealth bomber in that the color of the craft blends with the sky? With the size and tech needed for such a large craft, I dont see how it would have any issues blending in with the sky.

The point is that there were no clouds to block the sky - and as we saw, the iris of that large light closes. And again, in the pic you will still see some of the 'specs' lit up.

Kind of boring, but the 'almost black sky' or the underside of the ship with the main iris closed.

Now for the interesting bit.
I wanted to shoot to where the stars were to show the contrast and help prove what I was talking about. The camera did not capture the stars...but it captured something interesting.

Space Junk or Metallic space craft?
(Some may say satellite...at this point its not what Im thinking.)

At first glance it looks like space junk...some rocks, etc.
But one is grey and one is blue and one is orange.
Cool, but no biggy...well it is...but there is more.

Look at them closely...
They all have the SAME form
Look at the blue one...it actually looks metallic and bug like in shape.
It appears to have a round window popping out in bug like fashion which is bluish/black.

Again, take a good look at the pic.
This is a crop...no image manipulation - I will provide original un-cropped image as well, where you will see more of the same 'space craft' at the bottom. (about 3 or more lined up in a row...all facing the same direction - which happens to be pointing to the 'mother ship'.) Coincidence...after all of this, I beginning to think no.

Everyone is entitled to believe what they want...but here is the link.
Remember, you are viewing the underside of the craft.
Grey, Blue, Orange, metallic space craft.

And the Original for those who want to make sure Im not messing around with it.
notice there are a lot more grey ones towards the bottom as well.

Thats it for the night folks as far as pics.
Im tired. I believe I have quite a bit to keep you guys/gals busy.

Sure, I know you all want day time pics of some cool object...but when you get to looking at all that has been shown...its pretty amazing - and there are not strings attached pulling things around, etc...

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I did want to add that it is interesting that the 'mother ship' has colored lights that are slit like and round dot...and many that are grey - which do light up.

What is interesting is that the metallic like ships I just showed in the link above are grey with one being blue and one being orange.

Maybe the lights on the 'mother ship' are like docking bays, etc.
(Again, keep in mind the size of the moving 'ship' - reference the roof of the house in the photos/animation) - the lights expand out beyond what you see at first glance.)

So the colors could be to show them where to dock.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What you have there, my friend, are pictures of Jupiter in the constellation Sagittarius.

I enhanced your photo to bring out more star details and compared it to tonight's Hungary sky as rendered by Stellarium.

I think the results speak for themselves.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Actually, look at the enhanced photos from Internos...there is something clearly blocking it.
And look at many of the series of pics I have in large format and see the 'underside'.
Right beside 'Jupiter' are gadget instruments...there are tons of pics of this and some give more detail - and I have given close ups of the underside, and its clear its a light...not some planet.

And...Im sure Jupiter does NOT blink, nor change colors.

As well look at the other photos where its shows 'Jupiter' closing'.

As well as the movement and connection of color lights.

Also, look at the latest 'ships' - which some may say are satellites...but they look far from it.

Sorry, upon first look it would be easy to say star or satellite...but after hours of pouring over the photos and analyzing all the detail...this explanation doesnt cut it.

Again...Jupiter doesnt blink...and again it wasnt constant...nor does it change colors to red and green.

(and to repeat, look at the 'Jupiter' closing iris pic...just doesnt do it.)
Being planets are the easiest to rule out on these - especially when the color is left alone and those specs show the green and red...oh, and grey diamond source which is the light sources come from.

Thanks - but have to straighten this out.

There are tons of photos for you guys to play with...go for it.

p.s.
I dont know if your sincere or here to throw disinfo.
Im only saying that because had you looked at the pics and read all the info - again planet is the last thing you would be saying about something that blinks...stops...and closes like an iris...and moves in that fashion

Look at the links to the close up of the underside...

[edit on 2-9-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I wish I could post the photos in here without posting a link - it would help.
Dont know how you guys did it, but anyhow...

Again, the links are above, but here we go:

Underside
That is not Jupiter.

Nor are these space rocks... read comments about these in regards to color, etc.
Take time looking at pics and look again.

We see what our mind is conditioned to see.
At first in the camera I saw a bright light, and then on the computer I saw what looked like space rock form...until I saw they were identical and shape and facing the same direction...towards 'jupiter'
(that is towards the mother ship...again that is no Jupiter, sorry)

Iris Closing

Iris Open
Again, I have apologized and explained the blur on this photo...there are tons of others

zoom in on underside Take this pic and zoom in on the underside.
Its clear from the close ups, etc. that its not a planet.

Infact, look at all the pics and you will see the consistency.
(i.e, dismissing the idea of accidental blurs, other light sources, or whatever. The pics are showing a 'mechanism' not an organic object. As well as showing light reflecting on the underside of an object...in this case a craft. - notice that the grey boxes mentioned again and again are illuminated by the light sources...as well are the source for the spec light.)

I appreciate input...but at this point, unless you put whatever is up there in space - or have spent as much time photographing and analyzing these pics as I have...please refrain from definitive comments which fall apart against everything said.

Not to sound grumpy...I have been up past midnight the past 2 nights doing this stuff and its quite early in the morning...so I am tired and do not wish to come across cross.

But as I said from the get go, these pics are not the drive thu fast food, "oh look at the UFO" - and who would expect real UFO pics to be like that anyway?
Much like anything else, we dont really observe what is around us or the skies...so 'they' (whoever that is) could have flying elephants up there for all we know and we wouldnt know about it.

Peace

dAlen

p.s. - all of the close ups have the uncropped originals posted in this thread and are at my Flickr site. None of the pics I have currently put up have been altered - with the exception of crops, and that was only to crop...and those have been labeled, again with the originals being posted with them.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Another pic of light source with object beside/attached to it.

Its a crop, but the original is here if someone wants to re-crop it and make it larger to look at closer. (scale it up) Original pic

Guys, as mentioned, I am extremely tired - had two late nights and early mornings dealing with this stuff.

Again, those new to the thread it would truly benefit you - and all of us - if you read all that has been written as well as analyze the pics, once...twice...and thrice.

Our perceptions are swayed by the knowledge we already hold in our minds.
Only with an open mind can we step out and actually see what it is we are looking at.

Im not claiming what it is.
What I do say, at this point, is I have an extremely strong opinion of what the pics are not. (i.e., not planets or satellites... definitely not planes.
Again my post and pics detail why. I know, its a lot to go through, and it takes time to get the mind wrapped around all the facts.)

Again, a lot of info has been put here that you can weigh against opinion before posting.

I dont have a video camera of any sort at the moment, let alone a good one for this type project, which could have shown things in 'action' as it were.
Nor do I have a beautiful zoom lens with a 'pro' camera.

I have a sony alpha with kit lens.

But, at the end of it all - and after all the hours of looking, analyzing...going back again and observing...I have to admit, my small camera gave me something cool to look at and ponder.

It is my hope that it has given something to everyone else as well to contemplate and consider... and to enjoy taking the pics and blowing them up to look at detail, etc.

Not much more I truly can add besides this.
I thank everyone who has taken an interest in looking at this thread - yes including user memeber "IAttackPeople". To whom I would say, I did not want to come across as grumpy in my response, as I dont want to 'Attack People'
... I was/am extremely tired, and what I had already posted, if read and looked at in detail, would have thrown the theory you had out without second thought. - not to sound rude, but to emphasize to all with this particular thread to check out all the facts posted first...thanks

And thanks to Internos for helping with the animated files.

Peace to all...and enjoy the thread.

dAlen

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
O.k.

So I decided to put up 2 more pics with their originals as well.
This should be it for the time being. I have posted quite a bit of material.
These 2 shots are bonus shots and I was not going to add them...was waiting for the material I posted to sink in first.

First One: (cropped image)
series of lights...if you look at original it can be seen, various series of lights, going across the top part of the photo. The one on the right is the brightest.

Original uncropped for those who want to blow it up and examine it...

Second One:
Squiggly little color lines coming out of a pin of light. (like smoke almost)
One is blue and the other orangish. The blue is the stronger one and they make a squiggly backwards 'J' shape.

Note:
As a reference that it is indeed some kind of movement/smoke, etc. - note that there are pin point lights without the 'squiggly' coming out from behind them. They can be found in-between the 2 squiggles, and past the furthest squiggle on the right.

Original uncropped for those who want to blow it up and examine it. - it is in the lower left side of the pic.

Peace and enjoy.

dAlen

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

HI dAlen, and thanks for sharing more stuff:
i just would like to spend some word about IAttackPeople and what he usually does here: basically, he's one of the best if not the best in stuff like this specific one, satellite tracking and, more i general, in technical skywatching and observations of known/trackable phenomena: and (please believe me) ha has no interest in debunking anything
He was enthusiast after watching a video posted by me time ago (remember Parma?) and i bet that he would be more than happy to see the real deal, but about this last statement i could be wrong.

Let's assume (as i think) that he's right: there's nothing wrong in a misinterpretation: i personally misinterpreted MANY object, don't misinterpret the badge below my avatar:
You would laugh if i would tell you what i've mistaken for what
There would be NOTHING wrong with it: it's not some lame hoax attempt, this is clear like the sunlight. Anyway, i have to ask you one thing, because i would like to post some timeline of your shots

i was unable to extract exif data from the images of the OP, maybe i made something wrong but no probs: i would like that you would put them in a .zip file and upload them somewhere: or i can send you my email address via U2U (i'm going to do it anyway); at this point, you raised a legitimate doubt regarding the appearance of what is supposed to be Jupiter: only looking STRAIGHT at the EXIF data we can (maybe) say if what we see is some image artifacts or not:

this is one of those rare cases that require opinions coming from experts in different fields. No one wants to debunk your photos IMHO mate

We would like to know what you caught on camera, as well as you want

[edit on 2/9/2008 by internos]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Hey Internos -
As I mentioned I was in a grumpy mood - I have hardly slept in the past 2 days doing all of this stuff...again, wasnt angry at anyone...just didnt come across as my usual charming self.

Anyway...as for the data, that is why I posted the originals to flickr.
What you do is go to my main flickr page and click on any of the photos (not cropped) and click on more info below where it tells you taken by the sony alpha.

Here is a link to one of the EXIF data...

The data is to this particular pic: underside

I will say again, I have had little sleep and looked in detail at all the images.
And after all the time I had spent in writing this up...posting all the originals so the EXIF data could be there...and specifically saying to read and look at all the data - I was taken back by the "its a planet". When there is color...flashing lights (of course this isnt a video camera)...as well as the closing iris posted...and more than that its like a bright spot light, etc.

As I mentioned, this is something that will take a lot of patience to go through, and I know the tendency of throwing out things before looking at all the detail.
Even after you look at detail you have to check it twice.

Right now Im shooting for Jupiter is the code name for that large mother ship.

Enough chit chat, and again, I truly did not want to attack anyone.

All the photos have the EXIF data - and from those originals I did some crops as well, as already mentioned in the thread...

Just for fun I will post what is in the link above here:
Camera: Sony DSLR-A100
Exposure: 15 sec (15)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 70 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0/10 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire, auto mode

Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 72 dpi
Y-Resolution: 72 dpi
Software: QuickTime 7.5
Date and Time: 2008:09:01 22:40:53
Host Computer: Mac OS X 10.4.9
YCbCr Positioning: Centered
Exposure Program: Portrait mode
Date and Time (Original): 2008:09:01 21:54:38
Date and Time (Digitized): 2008:09:01 21:54:38
Brightness: -600/100
Maximum Lens Aperture: 497/100
Metering Mode: Pattern
Color Space: sRGB
Compression: JPEG

Peace

dAlen

Also the post that tried to show it was jupiter had 2 pics which showed the dots were not aligned the same...the photos i have had the dots consistent throughout...and again, color..change of light...as well as grey spots, which are where the light sources came from.

Again, lots of info to play with.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just wanted to bring up, as a reminder, that there is more than just one object that is being explored here...

One of my favorite objects/crafts is this:
Cropped image of Bluish, orangish, etc. colored objects/crafts

These are definitely objects...what are they? Who knows.
I dont think they are satellites, but who knows.

Enjoy - and remember there is the
un-cropped version
of it which shows more of these objects/crafts at the bottom. They all have the same shape and are facing the same way.

At first site I thought it was space rock, until i saw the forms were identical.

And the bluish one, when I enlarged it, I could see a blue light coming from the top right part of it.

If you have a good monitor you should see the front and bottom and side of it.
If not you will see the front only.

I say that, because at night I can see it well on my Samsung display - in the day I couldnt see it well at all.

p.s.
If its not clear already, I will say it again - I want to apologize to ATS member "IAttackPeople" if I came across grumpy. As mentioned I was & am exhausted and need to finally get some rest.

The photos are there...enjoy - I know I had fun taking pictures of God knows what.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
Note: the lights all slant in the same direction...the spec light and the large light as if the underside of one large ship
Any blur to the light or stretching is the movement of the ship while being photographed.

With a 15 second aperture timing.. all stars would have a "dash" to them.

Even after I increased the contrast and increased the exposure.. one can see all the dim stars are dashed at the same length your clearer "stars" are.

Over time .. as the earth rotates.. the stars appear to move. Sorry.. I don't see anything in your photos to warrant anything other then long exposures to stars.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
Over time .. as the earth rotates.. the stars appear to move. Sorry.. I don't see anything in your photos to warrant anything other then long exposures to stars.

And the above pic?
Remember its not just one object we are looking at.

But back to what you were referring to:
What about the bright light, and the closing/opening of the largest light?
And the red and green color of the dashes...as well as the grey diamond shape 'boxes'?
Also, stars dont blink - and specifically dont blink and then stop blinking, at least not that Im aware of. - This was mentioned in the detail of what my wife and I saw, and why I emphasized that everything must be read and looked at in considering this.

There are more to the pics than meets the eye initially...though I do understand what you are saying.

Thanks for the post.

Peace

dAlen

p.s.
To clarify, what you say makes sense - however there are still to many questions that I feel need to be answered - as well as finding out what the other 'objects' are.

Again, thanks for the post...

new topics

top topics

join