It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do non-Christians wish Jesus were real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I saw this pic in another thread on ATS and thanks to guard for posting it. I wanted to say that I found the pic lovely and inspiring. So I pose the question to all you non-Christians out there (like myself):

Look at this picture. It is kindness, gentleness, love, understanding, and caring personified. Forget the dogma, the bible, the religious adherents, the politics, and everything you've ever learned about Christianity, and imagine that Jesus is all these lovely things and nothing more. Imagine he would understand why you did all the things you regret doing and could make you forgive yourself. Imagine he would heal every hole in your heart as easily as you might repair a hole in the wall. Imagine that he would love you for exactly who you are, no matter what you've done or accomplished, and never let you forget it. Imagine he would want absolutely nothing in return.

If you don't believe in Jesus, but Jesus were all of these things, would you wish that he existed? I believe that I would.

I apologize if this is in the wrong place but I wasn't sure where to post it.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I believe in God but I don't believe Jesus was anything other than a man.

Sorry, but I find the concept that a man could be god (or that some kind of half-man, half-god existed) to be out-and-out blasphemous. God is so much higher than man that we are to him as a bacterium is to a human brain. Its obsecene for me to contemplate worshiping any man (such as Jesus) as a god.

I guess that makes me a "Deist." Like Thomas Jefferson and others of the founding fathers. Believe in God but not in Jesus.

I wish I could be a "straight-up Christian" because as a westerner its my cultural heritage. But something within me absolutely balks at the idea of worshiping Jesus. Sorry. Ain't. Gonna. Happen. God is too big and too beyond us to be put into a human body.

Asking people to worship a man as a god is the kind of thing folks like David Koresh and Charles Manson get their jollies off of.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I wish any Religion was real, It would make me sleep a lot easier at night. And ya that picture is pretty innocent, just like its suppose to be.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I already have that kind of acceptance from my family, my closest friends, and even myself. I guess that I am blessed in being able to know that even during the hard times, I don't have to imagine a figure that would make me feel loved bc I am loved by the real people in my life.

What is ironic is that I would ask christians, do you wish you could receive the kind of love and acceptance I receive in real life or even from jesus without having to conform yourself in order to receive it? bc let's be honest, the jesus portrayed by the christians doesn't really accept you exactly for who and how you are, ya know what I mean?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Why not wish humans were like that? Infact why not wish Christians were like that? Nice picture but why can only Jesus be represented in that way?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Jesus didn’t cam to save humanity, he come to save himself. And succeeded, this is why he is not a round any more and he will never comeback. This is also why we are so divided. He said that you also can do all what I do and greater then what I do, if only you apply the real teaching…did you see any real evidence of the miracles of Jesus replicated ?
His great tribulation on planet hearth was about self spiritual evolution.
When you get to reestablish the spiritual and physical realm connection to your soul, then you get liberated from soul amnesia and see the world and all human as a great oneness.
This depiction of Jesus is so infantile and irrelevant when you see the kaleidoscope of humanity.
The best teaching Jesus had left for us, is to search the truth which is in you and not embedded in images, scriptures, gurus and other fallacy of truth.

Kacou.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
What is ironic is that I would ask christians, do you wish you could receive the kind of love and acceptance I receive in real life or even from jesus without having to conform yourself in order to receive it? bc let's be honest, the jesus portrayed by the christians doesn't really accept you exactly for who and how you are, ya know what I mean?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by justamomma]

Yes, you're right, which is why I said forget all that stuff and just concentrate on the picture and what it is trying to portray.

You are very lucky to have that sort of relationship with your friends and family and self. Most people I would guess are not so lucky. I would venture that those who aren't as lucky as you who do not believe in god would definitely wish there was something akin to the Jesus pictured above out there waiting to recieve them.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Let me chime in with my 2 cents. NO! Who cares! Jesus is a farce, a fraud, a fable...whatever....the stories are good morals to teach, but it's complete fiction. and to restate...NO I do not wish that there was once a man who could walk on water, heal the sick and turn water into wine.

I'll sign up for the one that can bring the miracle of WORLD PEACE!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubbles75
Why not wish humans were like that? Infact why not wish Christians were like that? Nice picture but why can only Jesus be represented in that way?

As antithetical as it sounds, I think it is a lot more likely for a mythical being to be all love and kindness than to find humans who are like that.

Jesus, since he's supposed to be divine, has all the time in the world for all your problems. Family and friends have their own problems, and strangers don't care about your problems.

It would take a divine energy to give the entire world someone to lean on. Humans could never fill that role. We are only human, after all.

top topics

join