It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone here SO QUICK TO JUDGE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm new here, so I'm not sure how things "used to be"...
But; Why are you so quick to judge?

Someone has an account with a few posts, or it's the users first post and they state they have "inside info" or says " I work @ _________", you guys always instigate the user or mock them.

That's all I see around here.

Maybe back in the day here, all threads were taken seriously.
But that's now it is now.

People "in the know", let's say, are just like you and I who post on here.
They wanted to know, just like you and I, and some lucky ones have the chance to work with these beings and know the truth. Some by choice, some by chance.

It would make sense a few of them who create an account on here "anonymously" just to tell someone... get it out.

But when someone makes a thread, it's mocked.

I say, just play a long with it. Ask them questions... get answers.
Then make an informed decision.

Even if they ARE lying plain out of their teeth..
Isn't it more interesting to see what "they have to say" or "what they think" anyways?

Real jurors and judges see/hear ALL the evidence and all sides of the story before making a decision.

So, let's all play along

;-)

-Jay

PS - btw, I really love this place. I been a lurker for about 2 years.

You guys are great. Aussome critics, skeptics and story tellers.

I get all my Alternate News from this place and it's so interesting to see/hear all the great theories.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Welcome!!!

Some members do go a little overboard with the replies. But, on the other hand, a lot of OP's get out of hand with their claims. I think that there are many people on here that feel very strong about ATS and don't like it when people post nonsense. Personally, I enjoy reading everything. Some people just get bent out of shape though. The majority of the members are nice, its just a few people that have a hard time communicating I guess.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by KaginD]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
^

Great reply.

Maybe just cause I am new, I like to read it all.

Eventually, maybe I'll be like "#. Shut up. We heard this before and this is basically the same thread someone made last month."

But I do like when people rebuttle claims with post proof. Link/sources/pictures sorta thing.

So we can fact out bull#.

Just one way to look at it..

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Personally, i don't think its a bad thing to cover a topic more then once because it brings new members up to date with the older ones. If you have 4 of the same topic in 1 week, then yeah, thats people just not paying attention. But, if it was something talked about a year ago I think its okay.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
I'm new here, so I'm not sure how things "used to be"...
But; Why are you so quick to judge?

Someone has an account with a few posts, or it's the users first post and they state they have "inside info" or says " I work @ _________", you guys always instigate the user or mock them.

That's all I see around here.

Maybe back in the day here, all threads were taken seriously.
But that's now it is now.

No offense Jay, but have you ever given thought that those people who do that might be hired government cover agents to discredit the actual truth. It happens often, so get used to it. Glad you signed up, it seems you are a sincere seeker of the truth.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

I agree, people are quick to judge. I perfer to read the persons posts before I read anyone elses. I like to use the shelving method, take in all the information and label it as a possibility, depending what the person is talking about. But one problem with ATS is that even when we are givin true information, such as videos and pictures there will always be people to label it as CGI even if it is true. I had a friend who put a picture on ATS of a UFO, I was there when she took it, I saw it with my own eyes, and soon as it went on people said it was CGI! I use ATS for alternative news as well, even breaking news because it often has a unbiased view.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Well, thats one of the first things you learn, and you learn fast. Never expect anyone to believe you. Never expect anyone to reply. Most older members have seen a lot and are eager to expect PROOF. Not evidence. They are quick to reply wanting evidence and proof.

People on here, if you have been here long enough, I expect, don't learn to trust people.

But please, please, post your ideas and topics, share your story!

Welcome to ATS but watch out for the sharks.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by scorps

Sorry to hear that about your posted picture

I used to see very odd lights in the sky often in the skies back home in N.B

i just moved to Calgary and well..
There too many airplanes in the sky lol

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Welcome aboard fellow Canadian!

We all share you frustrations with people get heckled, etc. However, that being said, you have the right attitude. Just wallow through the posts and make your own mind up of what you feel has some substance to it, and what is some kids on holiday's fantasy.

Hope you enjoy your stay as a member here. I also lurked around for about 4 years before joining, and I should have joined then already.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Honestly, if you pay close attention, you will notice that people do that if their tidy little world view is threatened. People tend to ant to make a mockery out of things which give them actual pause to think and econsider their world view.

Another thing is, everyone in his world wants to be right,not everyone can be right. When a person comes across a theory or idea that contradicts their own, they tend to attack it.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
PPl that wont answer your topic's question, but rather attack the person who wrote it are ppl one should ignore. When you do ignore them you notice they get mad and show hatred because then they label you as one who doesnt answer questions to their slick way of personal attack. The funny thing is any one should see they didnt answer your topic's question, so why should you answer their question that has nothing to do with the topic but yourself the person.

The Mods need to start banning those types for their obvious trying to be bothersome pests to topic starters. If the topic starters answers their slick attack it's like who are we kidding when they will for ever attack and just get worst. So ignore them is the easy thing we should do.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You are right OP, we are quick to judge but here is my explanation as to why:
Although if you look at my register date it is of this year, but I have been following ATS for a few years now. Too many new members just register to annoy the truth seekers. They come and post things such as: "I have seen, so and so and I will post a picture or video in the next few hours".......days or even weeks go by without anything to back up their claims. They say they work at a certain place but yet can't disclose more information.

So, what's the point in saying "I am this", "I belong to this organization", "I work for ...." when you can't even tell us more about the place of employment nor something that we can actually see and then make an honest opinion.

If I were to tell you that I have an Alien living with me and he is nice and is teaching me all sorts of thing, wouldn't you ask "What sort of things is he teaching you", "Could you take a picture of him to see what he looks like?"...I bet you will be begging for such evidence....right? Well, this is what we are all about, we are tired of seeing people with lame comments that can't back it up if their lives depended on it. This is why we are so quick to judge!

There are cases in which a picture nor a video could explain what happened but those are special circumstances. Those events are from members that are credible, that never posted anything that wasn't.

Since you are a new member, take a look at some of the recent posts from people claiming they have seen things.....how many of them just got registered (the same day as their posts) and how many of them come back to defend their claims? Not too many.

So, to make a long story short....we really feel for those members who try but unfortunately we live in a world that seeing is believing (but not through CGI believing).

top topics

join