It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Core issue (the Lie) of the bible "Scriptures".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I've seen too many people make the error without understanding that the "bible" is the unshakeable "Truth" (a.k.a. "word of God"). How is this a big mistake in seaking truth and understanding one's connection with God? The creator of everything father to us all is no respector of persons or groups. Such trickery as to believe once "source" is above all, is self enduced blindness.

The Bible: starts out with the nationalisticly spun documents bent toward being a "chosen people" a group, and it is just passed on to the "Christstains" in error of understanding being the "chosen understanders of the law". Such falsehoods lead the user into confused states of mind.

The Worlds of Mankind, and there have been several, all contained "scriptures" that were falsely assumed to be the chosen writings. "The Good Book" is a bad joke.

Jesus himself went about reading all the works he could get his hands on. So why would his followers limit their understanding? This is a self stumbling stone.

Truth is all around you. It's the personal eye that reads the truth in a thing or reads a lie into something.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

So what are you trying to say? Is scripture real? Is it fake like the koran? Has its meaning been corrupted by a false church that worships idols?

Which version of the bible, KLV or the new weird misguided trash being put out today?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

I wasn't trying to say anything, just wanted to start a discussion. But, since you ask I'll answer thusly:

There is within everyone within mankind a spark of the first source and center of all creation. Seek that out within yourself in all truth to see truth in everything.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

There is within everyone within mankind a spark of the first source and center of all creation. Seek that out within yourself to see truth in everything.

Err.......ahhhh.........blah, blah, blah, blah, too much multicultrualisim zen, blah, blah, blah............Star Spangeled banner, Semper Fi, army of one...Go navy..........

See I can bable too...........

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I think most people agree with what you say regardless of their religion, it is mainly in the US that Christianity has taken a turn for the worse, it has become rigid and obsessive. I live in Rome, the capital of the Christian world and people here are very cool about religion and Muslims and they are very open to other religions and explanations although they are more conservative than Americans. If a new translation or a new book came out regarding god, life, creation, etc.. they would be interested in it not to debunk it but because they search for the truth as Jesus did, I am not sure what Christians in the US believe in anymore, it saddens me that many evangelicals think the pope is the antichrist and the KJV is the only accepted version of the bible. They should check out how Israeli's translate the text and compare it to the KJ version...not at all similar...infact we have so many conflicting translations and so many books that were not included in the official bible because of politics rather than theology that one can only find the truth within one's self. It is not rational to state my religion is the truth because billions of people beg to differ, the truth IMHO is not at all to be found in the scriptures.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bubbles75

In the end each person will be responsable for their own revelations or lack there of. This is why one must search out the truth within their self. At the harvest of souls, no man will be able to stand before God and say that their spiritual leader mislead them. As each man should be their own spiritual leader.

Personally, I just enjoy having a 1 on 1 relationship with the creator of all and everything. This is the best thing ever. How could someone not want to talk with God? Though people believe this can't be done. That is the lie that's been shared throughout the ages.

You Can Talk with God and know from God the Truth about everything if you're just willing to search it out within yourselves.

Knock, and it shall be open.
Seak and you shall find it.

My point about the thread is the self assumption that a group is chosen. God does't chose religions, sects, cults, or groups. God is chosen by persons or rejected by persons. If you reject reaching up to your creator (our father), then you shall be rejected in the havest time.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
The Bible: starts out with the nationalisticly spun documents bent toward being a "chosen people" a group, and it is just passed on to the "Christstains" in error of understanding being the "chosen understanders of the law". Such falsehoods lead the user into confused states of mind.

The Worlds of Mankind, and there have been several, all contained "scriptures" that were falsely assumed to be the chosen writings. "The Good Book" is a bad joke.

Jesus himself went about reading all the works he could get his hands on. So why would his followers limit their understanding? This is a self stumbling stone.

Could you explain this a little more? I think I am getting what you are saying, but would like it to be clearer. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
To start with, the bible itself is not the pure teachings of Jesus and it never was. The bible was edited by the leading “Christians” of the time in order to produce a uniform dogma and to set the building blocks for a binding authority as we see the Vatican today. The entire teachings of Jesus were carried on by the Essenes; who were later declared heretics by the church for their so-called blasphemous and pagan teachings. Jesus himself was educated at temple where he worked as a child…. which was run by priests learned in all deities, not just Yahweh/Jehovah. So isn't possible that Jesus spread more than just Christianity? Truth can only be seen when viewed in entirety. Every eye has a different vantage point, and only the all-seeing-eye gets 20/20. Personally, I would say the church has been wearing coke bottle glasses since the Middle Ages.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by goopity

No man should expect, in a fair world, to become an inturn and be raised to CEO of his work place. No true thing comes easy. You must learn to walk before you can run, so you shouldn't assume you can fly yet.

The Truth Absolute about "GOD" the most high God our source and center of all creation, is such a grand being, that it is foolish for any man to think they understand.

Rather, mankind as a whole, and through the ages and generations have been given steps closer and closer toward the truth in understanding the creator of all (our father). Mankind as a whole is still very far away from understanding and any religion that states themselves to be the upmost truth in understanding is filled will liars and devils.

If such a perfected religion of truth existed on the planet, we'd not live within the crap hole that is this broken brotherhood of mankind.

There is a long road ahead of mankind, and those that lie to one another screaming "we are here now" will be left behind by those that know better.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Err.......ahhhh.........blah, blah, blah, blah, too much multicultrualisim zen, blah, blah, blah............Star Spangeled banner, Semper Fi, army of one...Go navy..........

See I can bable too...........

Saying that the truth is within you is not the same as saying "anything goes" or that you can just pull out whatever nonsense you want and it will be true.

I believe we owe it to God to question EVERYTHING...including scripture...and that He speaks to us inside ourselves. Not on parchment or via ancient documents that have been manhandled, mis-translated, folded, spindled, and mutilated over the centuries to serve a wide array of human purposes.

Expecting the answers to be written down somewhere, be it the Bible, the Koran, or what have you, is a cop-out of the first degree. God is there and he speaks to us, but in our hearts, not on paper.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

and moreover: The Point of "creation" and being created is that you'll have a close relationship with the creator of all things. God wishes to have a very personal relationship with everyone of you. That is inside each and everyone. It isn't inside a building, a tub or a book. The Kingdom of heaven is within you. When You realize that and find it, when everyone finds the kingdom within and brings it outside then The Kingdom of God will be on our planet.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I believe we owe it to God to question EVERYTHING

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So you think the "Good Book is a bad joke"?

You speak of the divine spark but do you really know what you are talking about? Or do you only mention it because you read about it? If you have experienced this, why don't you give everyone a small discourse on this "spark."

I would like you to start with how you know it exists, then the mechanisms behind how it works and then point people to the correct "litature" which proves your theory.

If I gambled, I would put my money on it that you can't do it correctly. And if you fail, I "may" show you what you missed in that "good book" you just dissed.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The so-called good book is not the entire teachings of Jesus. After it was written, the leading "christians" of the time edited the bible to produce a uniform dogma and lay the ground work for what we now see as the vatican. The entire teachings were carried on for the most part only by the Essenes, who were later persecuted by the church for their alleged heresies.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If your trying to say that the bible is not the word of God your wrong. ANd of course you cant say a group get saved. The belief in Jesus as God's Son is what saves you. Ever person gets that Choice. And I do read not just one bible I read KJV NIV I read the new american standard one to. But end the end There is God and Jesus is his son. The bible whole are not whole is the word of God. I just think it would be better to read in the arional langage.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

try to relax----even though we have an imperfect translation----
the Lord (Yahvah) has made sure that enough has slipped thru the fingers of the enemies of, G-D (Elohiym) and those that seek salvation, so that we can understand the truth that is found in the kj version of the bible and its variants.
there is enough in there to worry about getting straightened out in our minds with out going off on a tangent to check into supposed other missing books? from the bible.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
No not dissing the word of God, but as was earlier stated, why would we put all our faith into a single text that has been edited and translated many times? I believe the Bible is for the most part original but I also feel I should draw from other works and all points of view. To me, the bible is not the last word, absolute truth, and so on. You seem to have done your homework so i dont see how you dont feel that same. or am i missing something here?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
If your trying to say that the bible is not the word of God your wrong.

AnNd call me childish, but prove it. I have faith in God, but i dont believe there should be any institution between me and my creator. I dont like mediums, so let me make this clear: God=Truth Church=Corruption

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Church is corrupt even religion but the bible is not corrupt. The bible is not a median the bible teaches us the God's words are written in your hearts. Men of God wrote them. Jesus spoke throw them. Giveing us ways of life not just words.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join