It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My prediction: The killer storm will be Hanna

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I can't back this up with any concrete facts, so call it a "crystal ball prediction."

I have the strong feeling that Hurricane Gustav, which has caused all of New Orleans to evacuate, will be less harmful than expected -- maybe die down to a Cat 2 after making landfall -- but that HANNA will be the devastating one this year.

So far, Hanna is lounging around the Florida coast and doesn't look too bad, like a very manageable storm. However, "she" has been behaving quite erratically and forecasters don't really know what to make of her.

I think after everyone exhales because "Gustav wasn't all that bad," Hanna is going to swoop in somewhere on the coast and really wreak havoc. I don't know why I feel this way, and of course this could be complete nonsense... I just wanted it to be "on the record," in case it does happen.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Do you think "Hanna" will hit NJ or NY?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I hope you are wrong. I am right in Hanna's path.

Fay was at one time forecast to go ashore in my area so I boarded up the windows, put all my plants in the garage and got storm ready. I am still storm ready. I am not taking down the wood from my windows until hurricane season is over.

The Weather Channel has been a great disappointment. I am now getting my information from NOAA. Seems to be a much better source.

It's been over 100 years since my area has had a direct hit from a hurricane. We have been fortunate. We are on the coast and are susceptible but I hope we go another 100 years without a hurricane.

I enjoy a good storm but anything over a Cat.1 hurricane and I'm out of here.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Well, SYLVIE, Scott Stevens over at WEATHERWARS seems to agree with you.

weatherwars.info...

Hannah may be their real big-bang engineered hurricane, while they distract the masses with Gustav and the silly U.S. sELECTION scene with the republican convention and all that jazz.

Hey, and that was an excellent call yesterday - right on the money - Gustav did indeed die down to a cat 2 overnite because they hit the brakes on it late yesterday once it got south of Mobile, AL

top topics

join