It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coin left behind on Mars?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
lets try not to get off topic

were talkin about the coin not the face

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Ok let's throw something else into the mix...

Perhaps it isn't a coin. Why would anyone need coins on Mars? They are probably so far advanced money is not required. Perhaps this is a spacer of some sort? Perhaps a metal shim? Perhaps not even metal? There is no shine and if it has been there a while we don't know the composition of it. Metals that we know may have corroded IF it has been there a long time.

Perhaps it is plastic? But, it certainly IS a disc or disc shaped and appears to be consistent in it's thickness. Perhaps it is a martian bullet like the one that killed the martian man whose skull is laying around.

[edit on 4/9/2008 by shearder]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
Very interesting post...I would like to see someone advanced tackle this post. Because that clearly looks like a coin of some sort.

Advanced?
Well maybe ATS can hire a NASA scientist to be on call for us

Yup I have been here way to long... time to go dig rocks

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by safteynet but as others have stated it bcould have come off the rover,

If the Rovers were loosing parts all over the place... they would need a mechanic to keep them clean an in good repair...

Come to think of it ... THAT I have evidence for

[edit on 4-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I also believe that an advanced civilization would evolve beyond money, (I hope because I'm a broke student again).

But why does it have to be a Martian coin? Maybe it's a coin from Earth dropped by a space traveler. Taken during an abduction or a routine visit.

Someone posted earlier that they could see letters and it looked Roman. Maybe we have been visited for a long time. Even aliens might want to take small tokens (due to space available) back to their world like we pick up sea shells at the beach.

Perhaps they took the coin not because of our human concept of money, but because the type of metal it was made of could be useful for them. Who knows, but it's fun to speculate and a great pic, thanks OP for bringing it back again.

Hi, Zorgon.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bledforit
Someone posted earlier that they could see letters and it looked Roman.

Nope, it was tongue in cheek.

Basically, and i won't go back to look, it was "translated" to "Mars or Bust"

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am sitting here in awe!! WTF!! I am laughing hysterically; u peeps on the net constantly amaze me!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Can someone please tell us how large these "coins" are?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Goodfellow
You suggest one in 99 trillion rocks might by chance be eroded to a near perfect disc shape.

Well, that's the rub. It's not a perfect disc shape. It's a partially buried something that looks a little half-circular. Our minds tend to fill in the portions of the object we can't see, so it looks kind of like a disc. Actually, it's only a rough semi-circle, which could be flat on both sides, or the side we can't see might be round, or a tube ten feet deep.

The thing is, there are known objects on the surface that are kind of roundish. Those little blueberry rocks. One gets split for some reason, flat side up and partially buried, and it'll look like a disc, and the discs we're most familiar with are coins.

The only way to tell one way or another is to go to Mars and pick the thing up, dust it off, and see what the deal is with it. So whoever goes, let me know how that comes out.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by masterp

As I said on my first post on this thread, if my calculations are right and judging by the size of the marks made by the RAT, the "coin" is some 8mm wide.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
What happened?

Not withstanding the fact that Armap, as always makes excellent points! Has this thread suddenly died?

I don't think we really have the answer. Whatever it is may not be explained accurately.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well there can only be two ways a coin could get on mars.
A) the picture is not of mars but from a stage set and some stage hand had a hole in there pocket for the coin to fall out.......
B) We have been on mars for a long time and can walk around outside without any need for a suit and had a hole in a pocket so a coin could fall out.

Both seem waaaaay out there but one must be close to the truth. Anyone else have a guess as to how?
K.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The Mars rover is programmed to drop a coin every 2 yards so it can find its way back again.

Good luck to you all

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
To bring in an entirely different conspiracy theory, the one about the Nazi's developing saucer tech during WW2, and traveling to Mars, then this round disk could be damn near anything, from a coin, to the cap of a soda bottle.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Ha, I'm sorry if it has been posted before, but look what I've found! Another coin, no?
marsrover.nasa.gov...

Here's a bigger picture:
marsrover.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Best title thread I have seen in a while. Great stuff. I think perhaps a steel 3/8" washer fell off the Rover though. A coin? LOL that's a serious stretch man. Of all the round objects there are you assume coin? A coin? LOL wow

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invigorant
Is the most logical conclusion really a coin here guys? I mean, there can't be a trillion more logical things that it possible could be? Like maybe rover tool marks or something?

I realize saying it is a coin is just for fun, but it does illustrate that people are more apt to jump to the least likely conclusions about things such as this at times, which contributes to the community looking a little far out there and paranoid.

If I had to bet, I would say maybe tool marks. If I didn't have to bet, I would say it is a fossilized alien footprint (they do not require toes for balance due to their upper body configuration and weight distributions...shame they are extinct now....) There, do I fit in now?

I understand your point specially when it's a pic taken from mars rover after a drill but..

Actually, since its taken from rover.. I have nothing to had. Genuine or not (I mean "alien in origin" ) there will always be room for speculation.

Another very good pic to throw ..

Im not waiting for one landing in front of WhiteHouse either. I already know they exist. .. but this find is nice but useless to the mass.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by masterp

As I said on my first post on this thread, if my calculations are right and judging by the size of the marks made by the RAT, the "coin" is some 8mm wide.

Aha! So are you saying it's a coin because you have no other explenation or because I might be right this time?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
What's funny is how people jump to Earthly explanations for alien anomalies. It must be a round, Earth-like coin in an Earth-like coin size! Because if WE use coins like that, everyone in the galaxy must.

We are so stuck up sometimes.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

No, I'm not saying it's a coin, that's why I used the quotation marks.

Also, I was answering masterp's question, so I used the same word for the object.

To make it clear, no, I don't think it's a coin.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join