It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coin left behind on Mars?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius
We need to try harder...all of us.

That would be nice yes... that EVERYONE try harder...

But have you looked at the stats recently?

Total member accounts: 144,901
Members who have posted: 74,754
Percentage of members who have posted: 51 %
Number of members with 20 or fewer posts: 61,342
Number of members with 20 to 100 posts: 7,414
Number of members with 100 to 500 posts: 3,993
Number of members with 500 to 1,000 posts: 856
Number of members with 1,000 to 5,000 posts: 746
Number of members with 5,000 to 10,000 posts: 75
Number of members with more than 10,000 posts: 37

So you can see how many try harder

And we only have limited resources and time... The data sets that we get the color from take time.. Ian just provided one source but that format won't display in a forum post and few people even bother to view the images in a graphic program

You say they are years old at Skippers site... well Skipper is not the only one out there and he does not provide you with the original... not even a link you have to type the number and look it up at Malin or the Rover site and very few people take the time to do that... they expect a link then knock it down

Keith Laney is considered the grandfather of the anomaly hunters and he works with NASA on images

But ATS needs topics for discussion... and these threads provide that. and for some reason a title like "Coin Found on Mars?" attracts more attention than "Nuclear Reactor on the Moon NASA official document 1972"

Why is that? The skeptics scream for evidence yet those threads are ignored

My fossil thread was posted at the same time as the "Herd" and the "Base" Guess what happened? Though the fossil thread got THREE applauses from staff... there were only FOUR POSTS in the same time frame that the "Herd" thread had 17 pages and the "Base" thread 13 pages...

So you tell me what the solution is?

I have hinted at the Aquila many times yet no one cares ....

So want to see the "Agricultural Site on Mars?"

[edit on 2-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
These are somebody else's wishes. They're somebody else's dreams!

Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here. This was my dream, my wish. And it didn't come true. So I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Enigma Publius
We need to try harder...all of us.

That would be nice yes... that EVERYONE try harder...

But have you looked at the stats recently?

Total member accounts: 144,901
Members who have posted: 74,754
Percentage of members who have posted: 51 %
Number of members with 20 or fewer posts: 61,342
Number of members with 20 to 100 posts: 7,414
Number of members with 100 to 500 posts: 3,993
Number of members with 500 to 1,000 posts: 856
Number of members with 1,000 to 5,000 posts: 746
Number of members with 5,000 to 10,000 posts: 75
Number of members with more than 10,000 posts: 37

So you can see how many try harder

And we only have limited resources and time... The data sets that we get the color from take time.. Ian just provided one source but that format won't display in a forum post and few people even bother to view the images in a graphic program

You say they are years old at Skippers site... well Skipper is not the only one out there and he does not provide you with the original... not even a link you have to type the number and look it up at Malin or the Rover site and very few people take the time to do that... they expect a link then knock it down

Keith Laney is considered the grandfather of the anomaly hunters and he works with NASA on images

But ATS needs topics for discussion... and these threads provide that. and for some reason a title like "Coin Found on Mars?" attracts more attention than "Nuclear Reactor on the Moon NASA official document 1972"

Why is that? The skeptics scream for evidence yet those threads are ignored

My fossil thread was posted at the same time as the "Herd" and the "Base" Guess what happened? Though the fossil thread got THREE applauses from staff... there were only FOUR POSTS in the same time frame that the "Herd" thread had 17 pages and the "Base" thread 13 pages...

So want to see the "Agricultural Site on Mars?"

[edit on 2-9-2008 by zorgon]

that's really a shame. Your thread on the fossils was friggin excellent. It was so much more believable (my sister is hardcore skeptic, and baring something that smashes that thread, she now believes there WAS life on mars, a giant step forward IMO) than the herd pics, and your presentation was very soundly put together. I do understand what you mean, however, i wish it would change. Your post on the fossils blows this stuff out of the water, and those type of things really should get more attention. Like i said, i wasn't trying to dis the OP, it's not any one person, i just wish we could get more people that pour through the origional JPL site looing for NEW anomalys rather than posting something that's been discussed for months, and getting so much attention drawn away from other, newer, evidence. Someone can only objectively look at so many of these mars picture threads before gertting burned out on them, and if there hadn't been so many posts that were really NOTHING MORE THAN A CUT AND PASTE JOB for marsanomalyresearch then your fosil thread would have got the attention it deserved. this is all IMO of course. KEEP HUNTING!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
That is so strange! Very interesting! Keep up the good work!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueangel7

From Lastone

You should watch these two Images... look for Tubs.. Smoke..Statues..water exits...Faces ...Skulls... buildings ...Objects...shadows...etc...

PIA10219 and PIA10210..

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Coso Geode. Maybe that damned thing really was 500,000 years old and from space?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There is life on Mars.There is life on all the planets.Maybe just not what we want to see.
The water debate,spending billions of dollars to go there to make certain that a rust colored planet had/has water is stupid.

Why do you think it is rust colored? When iron gets wet and stays wet and then is exposed to oxygen it turns to red rust.

That is why some parts are rust colored and some areas are dark colored.The dark areas were never under water.

Better way to spend peoples money.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You should look at these images:

PIA10209 and PIA10210

Look for: Skull - Smoke - Statue - TUBS - Buildings - Objects - Faces - Water exits - Shadows - etc.... you can find all of this in these two images..

Enjoy

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

Although I may regret this, it would be better if you could show us where do you find all those things in those two images.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You haven't even begun to see nasty. How long you been here? Four years or so? Let the games begin.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Download the images and zoom ... you will find....

I'll upload ... but isn't it the search that is important ??

I would like people to do some search to see if they find what I do...

To confirm my conclusions.. do you understand ?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

I understand, and because of your choice of avatar I will try to explain it in the best way I can.

If you read some of the threads here on ATS you will see that I am one of those "rocks" people, the ones that only see rocks and sand. The biggest difference between me and most of the other "rocks" people is that I find rocks interesting.

But maybe because most people find them uninteresting they prefer to see different things, like faces, heads, buildings, trees, etc.

In all cases so far I have never seen one example of one of those things that I thought could be something else than a rock or other natural formation. This "coin" is the most strange example, but its shape is not really unnatural, it just looks out of place.

And I have already downloaded and looked at those images, one of those (the second) is the one with the "Egyptian statue", another example of things people see and that I consider only as rocks.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Two Images from Original - PIA10210:

No changes to the original Image... Just zoom ...

What do you think of it ???

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

Excuse me if I do not answer directly, but so much has been said about that image in this thread that I think that it would be better if you go there and give it a look.

If you just want to see my posts about it (although they may look different when read out of context ) just click here.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
That is a statue... no questions about it to me... That is a tub .. no questions about it .. and they did try to erase almost everything with noise in the image.

The problem is that they forgot many things...

Oh and that is a water exit ..

You can find another in that image and also the tubs the smoke the objects etcc...

Another image from that original...

And this one on PIA10210 is what should be on the top of the formation in PIA10209

Look at the face in the grownd and the formation that they try to hide.
If you look close... you'll see that the top of it is what you can see coming out in PIA10210

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Coin left behind on Mars? Well, given that we don't even know how much of the thing we're even seeing (a quarter of it, half, all of it?), and it doesn't have any obvious coin-like things associated with it other than maybe a possibly circular shape and flatness (again, assuming a lot about things we can't see), I could see how some people might get it in their heads that it looks a little like a disk-ish, coin-shaped object.

On the other hand, ArMaP pointed out, it's a little on the small side to be a coin as big as we're used to, but hey, maybe the Martians had smaller laundromat or gumball machines. I'm amused by the notion that Martians would be running around with pockets full coins at all. I rarely carry them anymore, myself.

Other than that, all I can say is what I always say. The image is just an image. Without being able to examine it close up, it's just another thing that to some people might look like another thing. And after all these pages, I still don't see anyone coming up with a better argument than that.

Looks like a coin. Okay, if you say so. Doesn't mean it is a coin. Doesn't mean anything.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastone
That is a statue... no questions about it to me...
But to me there are questions, as I tried to show on the other thread. It only looks like a statue because of the rock that looks like a head, removing that rock it does not like a statue any more.

That is a tub .. no questions about it ..
What is a tub? Is it something on the same photo or is it in another photo?

and they did try to erase almost everything with noise in the image.
No, that image is a super-resolution image; it was created with 16 images, analysed by a program to try to find different details on the same objects in different photos, but as the photos have noise in different places that fact affects the result of the super-resolution algorithm.

And using JPEGs does not help either.

(Saving a JPEG as a PNG does not work, the compression artifacts already present are not eliminated)

Oh and that is a water exit ..
Once more, I think you forgot the images, or else you are talking about several things in the same images, but I don't see what could it be.

I suppose you are saying that this is the water exit.

If that is the case, this is one of those artifacts created by the super-resolution algorithm, look at original images, although the ones on this page are just JPEGs they can show the difference between the original 1024x1024 images the rovers take and the super-resolution image.

You can find another in that image and also the tubs the smoke the objects etcc...
That is the difference between you and me, you can "find" those things, I can only see natural formations.

I don't know if it is you that have too much imagination, but one thing I know, I have very little imagination, so maybe that is why I don't see cities, tubs (do you really mean tub, like in bathtub? Or do you mean a different thing, like tube?)

Another image from that original...

For some reason your image does not appear, maybe it has something to do you the name you gave it, try to be more polite with the names of the images or at least write them in a less obvious way, I may have little imagination but I know how to search for information based only on a broken link.

And this one on PIA10210 is what should be on the top of the formation in PIA10209

Why "should it be" on top of the other formation? Or do you have something more to say about it? If you have, say it, I am not good at discovering what other people think.

Look at the face in the grownd and the formation that they try to hide.
If you look close... you'll see that the top of it is what you can see coming out in PIA10210

Sorry, I got lost, what image are you talking about, the last or the one before that?

Please try to put the text close to the images of which the text talks about, and if you could mark some of the features you see with something, just a line around them, for example, it would be easier for other people to understand what you say.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

stop posting crap

It's not that they don't care.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join