It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coin left behind on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Okay who left their change behind on Mars?
Anyway somebody left one of their coins on mars and I thought you all should know!

Incase you STILL CANT SEE IT...
this is the object in question here,

Moderator-Note:

Source added to opening post

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
-------------
-------------

I believe I see an inscription on it ΜΑΡΣ ΟΡ ΒΘΣΤ Anyone know what that might mean?

-------------
-------------

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Very interesting find.

Star from me.

I just hope it is not american currency, it would be too boring if it turns out to be a dollar, I would rather hope it is some kind of Venusian pound.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I just hope ArMaP doesn`t find this thread and show us without any shadow of a doubt that it is only a rock of some type, he and his images are trashing my hopes.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well I suppose in the end it could be anything, but it certainly does look like a coin to me. Excellent find my friend. Starred and Flagged.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
hey thats mine !!!!!

i dropped it while i was walking home from the pub, damn i thought that walk home took alittle longer than normal

thats a very interesting image, maybe it was dropped by the aliens who are walking backwards with a picture of a barren wasteland infront of the cameras

S&F

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
I just hope ArMaP doesn`t find this thread and show us without any shadow of a doubt that it is only a rock of some type, he and his images are trashing my hopes.

it could be just the angle but the "coin" looks perfectly rounded, only thing else i could think of is it has fallen off the rover, but either way doesnt look natural.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Very cool If it is a coin I wonder how it got there and on the surface no less How recent would it had to have gotton there?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
so aliens have money! That's good news. I see trade options. Can we buy their UFO technology for a few of our coins?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think the tool marks you point out in the pic is the answer. I bet it is part of the rover. It certainly ain't a rock in my view but then again, a piece of currency? I would have to ask how that got up there lol.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Don't you guys know that the rover takes coins to operate it
All joking aside, With all the pictures we are seeing makes you wonder if they are not all from some lab in hollywood

Great find S&F

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Wow
thats awesome!! Nice find! Star and flag.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I keep getting a page that doesn't exist. Does that happen to anyone else?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
oh that's a coin shaped rock

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Can you PLEASE post the link on the mars rover website.

Directy like from the site so i can see myself from the source

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
here is the link to the picture in the Op...

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

here are the links to the raw images...

marsrovers.nasa.gov...

marsrovers.nasa.gov...

i dont really believe it's a coin ? but it is strange

[edit on 31-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

Exactly........unless it is the original rover site, I discount it......marsanomalyresearch.com is great, but still have some doubts

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
oh that's a coin shaped rock

blasphamy!

It's a half buried coin.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Very good find, although... what are the odds that it is a part of the rover?

I guess now I know where the tooth fairy thought my pillow was all those times...

Flag from me!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Is the most logical conclusion really a coin here guys? I mean, there can't be a trillion more logical things that it possible could be? Like maybe rover tool marks or something?

I realize saying it is a coin is just for fun, but it does illustrate that people are more apt to jump to the least likely conclusions about things such as this at times, which contributes to the community looking a little far out there and paranoid.

If I had to bet, I would say maybe tool marks. If I didn't have to bet, I would say it is a fossilized alien footprint (they do not require toes for balance due to their upper body configuration and weight distributions...shame they are extinct now....) There, do I fit in now?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join