It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You Just Feel an Odd Wave Sensation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Within the last few months I have had 4 occurrences of feeling a disturbing wave sensation. The best way to describe this is to imagine yourself floating in a hot tub and someone grabbing that hot tub and shaking it back and forth 6 inches in each direction every second. It isn't a violent and abrupt shake like one would experience in an earthquake there is a sense of buffering and the shaking sensation feels like it originates internally rather than externally.

I'd like to research this further to see if others are experiencing this and, if so, to isolate a pattern. If you've experienced such an event please reply back to this topic with the following information:

1. Date and time of the event (please include a timezone)
  2. Location of the event (country, state/province please - a city would be helpful but not required
  3. 1-10 scale of the sensation, I understand this to be subjective but it does aid in the study
  4. A brief description of the event and how it felt

I'll go first

Obsidience

EDIT: I make no assumptions or claims as to what the sensations I've experienced are or could mean. I will not argue the point of this thread by replying back to individual posts. The thread is simply a landing zone for people wishing to report a very specific type of event, nothing more. I've search for such a thread before and decided to create it in case someone like minded does the same.

If you don't agree with my reasoning then please don't bump the thread ;-)

[edit on 31-8-2008 by obsidience]

[edit on 31-8-2008 by obsidience]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a) At about 9am PST this morning (Aug 31 2008)

b) USA Nevada

c) 2/10

d) I was in the kitchen washing dishes and felt the wave sensation. The sensation was as described in the OP and was more focused on my lower body though I've had experiences of it occurring throughout my entire body and being much stronger.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have had something similar except if feels like you are being suddenly turned upside down and you feel odd disoriented sensation. I was sitting down watching tv at the time. It has only happened a couple times in 30+ years.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
From time to time, certainly not regularly and It's been a while since the last time, but I've gotten a vertigo-like floating feeling while sitting in my computer chair. It lasts a few seconds and again, is seemingly random.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by obsidience

Obviously there is no wave wave sensation being felt on a massive level. I hate these types of posts where it's "did you feel this?" "did you feel that?" because obviously a lot of people will have experienced a sensation at one time or another and then will begin another ATS delusion of some super alien time wave. They are not connected. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Are you sure you are not confusing this with vertigo where it feels like everything is spinning?

I often have strange feelings of movement.

If you think about it we are on a planet that spins and orbits a sun.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by obsidience

I always just thought this was my brain being weird. That exact description is what has been happening to me for the past year. It has happened before in the past but only a few isolated events.

This recently, has been happening quite frequently. I'd say once a week or so.
I am going about my business and suddenly I get disoriented. Dizzy and confused for a few seconds and then it fades. Feels like something hits me and then it happens. Both physically and mentally.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I do get something that sounds like that. Happens now and again, not often. Have to say that I reckon it's simply caused by low blood pressure.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hi guys and gals,

I'm not discounting the possibility that the feeling I'm getting is related to health or my brain. This is a real possibility but I do consider myself fairly healthy. I have no known conditions, do not take medications and I'm 29. I do have epilepsy in my family but I've been tested negative and never had any issues.

When it occurs it's not a spinning or disorienting sensation but I don't exactly feel at full strength. I'm VERY cognizant of my surroundings and the WEIRD feeling I'm experiencing. I'm usually sitting when it happens and it only lasts for about 5 seconds (very sudden start and stop).

If I could explain it further: it feels like I'm a waving flag... My body is not physically moving though.

Best regards,

Obsidience

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Just happened

a) Sept 5 2009 3:51pm PST

b) USA Nevada

c) 4/10

d) Came from the blue, feeling fine one minute in front of the computer and next minute I'm feeling a strong wave sensation. It felt like my body but mostly my head was swished back and forth 2 times slowly.

Not sure I'd call it disorienting because I was completely aware of my surroundings and just trying to focus in on the feeling and my surroundings to better describe the sensation.

The hum of my computer increased in frequency a few times shortly after the incident. Almost as if it was being sped up and slowing down back to normal.

Like I said before, this is a weird post and I'm not trying to make any claims here I'm just relaying my experiences.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I've gone several months without the weird sensations. Yesterday something completely different hit me and I want to relate my experiences here. It's short and simple

Yesterday at about 6pm PST I was working at my desk. Eyes wide open and reading the computer monitor when everything went white. I couldn't see anything for about a second except for the bright "white", eyes open and completely alert.

This has never happened to me before and if anyone else has had similar experiences I'd love to hear them.

Best regards,

Obsidience

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve
Obviously there is no wave wave sensation being felt on a massive level. I hate these types of posts where it's "did you feel this?" "did you feel that?" because obviously a lot of people will have experienced a sensation at one time or another and then will begin another ATS delusion...

That is so weird.

I was JUST thinking the same thing when I read this.

Huh.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I am freaking out!!! I was just going thru the recent posts and saw this thread. Last night I was sitting in bed looking on facebook and this weird wave sensation came over me like I was in a water bed or something..made me feel sick for a second. YIKES!!! It might be time to purchase those Iodine pills I hear about.
Florida
12:15am
12-06-08

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tator3

tator3,

If you experience the sensation again please post back to this thread. Also try to be as alert as possible when you begin to feel it happen to better explain the phenomena. In one instance of this the hum of my computer pitched lower indicating that either my sense of time or awareness was affected or the phenomena was electrical and also affected the computer.

Best regards,

Obsidience

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ever hear of the U.S. government's HAARP? High-Frequency Active Auroral Research Program; a 3 billion watt-strong radio transmitter sitting on 23 acres in Gakona, Alaska. It may be what's giving you those weird sensations.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
OMG I really have had that sensation. I've told my friends about it and they just laughed, it was like a year ago. Then a month ago I said "I feel a disturbance in the force" and it was meant as a joke and they laughed, but it was real.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
My five year old daughter has been complaining a few times this fall of feeling like she is on the octopus ride at Valley Fair. Most of the times have been when she is obviously tired (bedtime) but once was in the middle of the day. It doesn't last long, but if it is still happening at her next checkup, I will mention it to her doctor.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SunFireBlue

SunFireBlue,

Checking with her doctor is a great idea.

With at least my experience the sensation is a feeling of soft movement as your daughter portrays. I don't particularly feel an up down (falling) sensation it was more horizontal movement rather than vertical.

Anonymous,

Aware of HAARP however if it was caused by HAARP more people would be reporting the phenomena occurring at similar times and locality. No one I personally know has been experiencing this.

Benmarkk708,

Thanks for your post, if you have any more detail on what you experienced that would be great.

Best regards,

Obsidience

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
hmmm.... sounds interesting, it is likely its just a cold shock
but there is also a possibility of a paranormal event, or maybe....
hmm im not sure wat its called but maybe a release of your spiritual energy

i too get this feeling sometimes wen i am attempting astral projection, lucid dreams or telekinesis
i hope this helps you

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidience
reply to post by SunFireBlue

Benmarkk708,

Thanks for your post, if you have any more detail on what you experienced that would be great.

Best regards,

Obsidience
Nope it only happened like twice so not too much detail.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join