It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET's Are Our Friends, They Love Us

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by euclid

I never said that you believed in aliens. I wasn't pointing out flaws in what you BELIEVE, just flaws in your logic - regardless of whether or not you believe in them, are playing devils advocate, or just going along with the supposition that they are real in order to debate the OP and likeminded posters. I'm not really concerned with whether or not you believe in them.

Further, the question of their existence is very much in the context of this thread. Perhaps not the direct context, but the overall context. Even if the OP wishes to make the claim that ET's love us, it's a moot point to argue whether they do or not considering the question of their existence hasn't even been proven. It's like two men arguing over what color the invisible coat is.

As far as flawed musing go, I believe you only pointed out one you suspected of which, that I detailed above. Your comment:

If the people who channel the new age BS are truly channeling the aliens, like they say they are, then the aliens are proffering their message through them as I stated.

... is a bit unnecessary. There is nothing tautologically wrong with the statement that: "When the Aliens are channeling to new-age mystics, then they are conveying their own message to them". I simply fail to understand how you see the merit is combating baseless supposition with baseless supposition.

As for their Nocturnal visitation. Yes, brilliant. Thank you for pointing out that Night Operations take place in the Dark. I simply fail to see the relevance if we're talking about comparing a supposedly alien phenomena with a military operation. Would you classify every nocturnal animal as behaving in a militaristic fashion? Do lions stalk their prey in a militaristic fashion? Does that mean that tarsiers expand and explore their environments in a militaristic fashion? Do biologists in the field at night operate in a militaristic fashion?

I guess I'm mainly just critiquing your choice of words at this point, as saying that they operate in a militaristic fashion is strongly suggestive of their intentions being militaristic in nature - of which cannot be substantiated.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by euclid
reply to post by Tattoo1377

There's also no proof that your fanciful imaginings of ET loving us is true. If any love is involved it is probably the same type of love as we humans have for steaks BBQing on a grill....

-Euclid

Yum, I can imagine an E.T. right now saying pass that white sauce. It tastes so good on humans. Just something that got stuck in me head. >.<

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You're taking the whole issue out of context and your attempt to nitpick is equally mentally weak.

-Euclid

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by A TRUE AMERICAN
Alien aggression does not have to be motivated by the need for raw materials. They may have a need for a new home planet especially if their Sun is leaving the Main Sequence and has become unstable or there may be a biological reason. We don't know.

thats exactly my point raw materials was just a ready example of what we are willing to kill for..... who knows why they may want but thats just it isnt it we just dont know what they may do or want from or with us

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tattoo1377

You know the more I read about these "aliens" the more I think they are not here to hurt us. I know there have been reports of aliens doing things to humans but that doesnt account for the race as a whole. We have people on our own planet that hurt their own people and people seem to be ok with that or they just ignore it. Does that mean all humans are hurtful? No...... Ok that;s how I look at it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Love?

Humans don’t have a clear understanding of what love is. For us the best we can describe is that it is a feeling but just what that feeling is completely subjective.

Love for one person may be something quite different to another.

We will not even try to venture into the country of appropriate demonstrations of love.

So when you say that they love us, well, that begs the question doesn’t it.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join