It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET's Are Our Friends, They Love Us

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I had to edit my post to better explain myself. It was evident after the first line of responses this was a logical exercise the OP had worked out and is presenting for scrutiny/discussion.

I'm starting to reevaluate my opinion though due to the OPs avoidance of my very simple question that was put out very early in the thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

You are correct, I am.
But I respect other's disagreement. Consider it my way of interjecting a logical conclusion...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Who exactly, would have enough authority to prevent you from dismissing it?
Honestly, the source of logical fact does not matter.. it is the logic that matters...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tattoo1377

So the cat's out. I assume your statement is in regards to my comment about disregarding a "channeler's" statements because it then moves into the realm of faith rather than rational ANYTHING. (it was also becoming evident when you blue-starred the comment regarding the GFL)

I hit this nail on the head from the get go. But, like I said, there is nothing necessarily wrong with this coming from a new sort of religious sect. If it contains truth.

However, like I have said before, you are buying snake's oil. You have already been given reasonable critique to the logic by myself and at least one other. I think you are starting to take an intellectually dishonest approach.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

i understand...

the real problem in my opinion is that nobody really knows what the truth is.

i only responded to the Op because he was leading us down a path that cannot be proven either way.

i don't know the true answers and with out any evidence for either side we are just speculating.

it's ok to talk about it ...no problems there whatsoever. just making factual judgements is irrational imo.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I would also like to apologize to you, easynow. My post was admittedly condescending and that was wrong of me.

Still waiting for an answer FROM tattoo's figurative mouth as to where he/she heard this supposed universal law.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Note that the idea of there being a love frequency orientated cosmic order does not preclude the possibility of bad aliens imo.

The thing is this cosmic order would be in a sense incorruptable, because it's hardwired, so to speak, in the laws of creation, into the very physics, as a stage where technology and spirituality meet. Gilliland said in the recent interview that "you need the consciousness for the higher level ships" (or something to this effect). While I don't know Gilliland or endorse him at this time, this ressonated with me. So it could be that at the top of the technological level you really need to functioning at a love frequency to be able to progress technologically.

Evil aliens would be lower tech in this regard, because operating on a fear based frequency they would be more limited in their options. I don't think they would be inexistent, just probably pretty rare. But in this universe we may get what we atract, and this planet has a lot of negative people...

I don't even think it's philosophically possible to contemplate good with out evil, love without fear, so while the concept of an evil alien might be real, I still think the natural progression of contact would take us to more angelic creatures.

And this is where it would tie in with spirituality, because what is spiritual development if not a path from fear to love, from godlessness to being part of creation itself? Evil is the necessery catalyst for there to be good, the two are intertwined and inseperable. But there's a progression, a path, a clear purpose.

Or so it seems to me today. I may have a different opinon tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

So the cat's out. I assume your statement is in regards to my comment about disregarding a "channeler's" statements because it then moves into the realm of faith rather than rational ANYTHING. (it was also becoming evident when you blue-starred the comment regarding the GFL)

I hit this nail on the head from the get go. But, like I said, there is nothing necessarily wrong with this coming from a new sort of religious sect. If it contains truth.

However, like I have said before, you are buying snake's oil. You have already been given reasonable critique to the logic by myself and at least one other. I think you are starting to take an intellectually dishonest approach.

The cat's out? - I'm not following you (seriously)
As for channelers, i believe they exist but can easily be mislead into mysticism when actually it is telepathy (which is a scientific possibility pertaining to wave transference) and I have no particuliar allegiance to any channeler on this board. Any star I have given is only due to the merit of their post as I saw fit. None were based on mystical awareness, of this I can assure you.

What nail did you exactly hit on the head? Maybe I'm just slow (I admit I can be) but i missed the exact message you were sending.

Much respect... and Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
My thoughts on the resonant frequency thing are that the craft must be made of a warm temperature superconductive metal that transfers electromagnetic energy with 100% efficiency. They use this to literally surf the magnetic lines of the planet, nullifying gravitational effects in the meantime requiring MINIMAL effort via propulsion... I believe that this can account for the high energy fields produced from what seems like the metal itself (energy beams that don't QUITE reach the ground, etc)... eh, just my two pennies.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Let's start over shall we...

"In your opinion, based on the "evidence" if any...do you believe that the beings visiting this planet...are indeed friendly?"

I can honestly tell you all...I don't know.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Oh, I believe that purely logical discourse is a great way to deduce that which may, in fact, BE factual. But I believe that cannot happen unless the premise is laid out in all honesty. To withhold a piece of information in hopes that it escapes scrutiny is a dishonest approach to the entire exercise.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

ok i can understand your logic in the Op, and to a degree i can accept alot of what you said however ... all it would take is one race to be the exception and you would end up with a very hostile universe, and just because a race has developed a live and let live attitude towards all castes of their own race it doesnt really mean that attitude would be projected on to other races especially inferior races.

having said that the fact that we are still here and havent been destroyed is either a sign of alien benevolence, indifference or we have never been visited.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnderTheirRadar
Let's start over shall we...

"In your opinion, based on the "evidence" if any...do you believe that the beings visiting this planet...are indeed friendly?"

I can honestly tell you all...I don't know.

I 'think' this question was directed at me, and if not, I apologise..

But yes, I feel that according to the explanation presented in my op, they are indeed friendly, and to be quite frank, created us using science... just the same way we are creating clones, mapping genomes, altering DNA, etc.., right here in the the here and now..
We are finally waking up as a species..
Except, we are much more primitive than their methods.. (only a matter of time as we progress).
Now they are watching us like parents, allowing us to mature as a race.

I am trying to do my part (not just here in ATS) by raising awareness and conciousness of this possibility.

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

This is actually a reply to anybody that explores that line of reasoning. This is a false dichotomy. There are PLENTY of presumable reasons why a malevolent race would not overtly invade and conquer. I could name a few but I won't bother for now other than to say that is patently false.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

Still waiting for an answer FROM tattoo's figurative mouth as to where he/she heard this supposed universal law.

I'm with you Jay',
Contrary evidence to the friendly aliens is simply dismissed as deluded ravings of hypnotised people yet we still cant get an answer as to where this "mystical" and I believe mythical, cosmic law came from.
As for all recounts of abduction being under hypnosis etc, I can personally refute that one.
Live long and prosper.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
tattoo: I would also like to point out that I do believe telepathy to be a distinct possibility. But, for the time being, telepathic messages should be discarded. The problem with telepathic messages is that they are too easily made up...
The question stands or falls on your supposed universal law that you have failed to provide your source for. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, just pointing out the faulty reasoning.

Unless we have it on great understanding that the ENTIRE UNIVERSE conforms to OUR SPECIFIC prototype of existence, this reasoning falls flat because this 'law' cannot even be considered.

Furthermore, in my mind, if this entire universe unfolds the same way in all potential civilized areas, it becomes a boring place! Where is the diversity?!

We all have both good and evil in us. In fact, I would argue that there is truly no such thing as either. For without one you cannot have the other. No frame of reference.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Don't worry I wasn't directing the post towards you at all, It was for everyone...

As of right now a few people are disecting your OP, so not to get off topic I threw out more general question then an opinion.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UnderTheirRadar

I believe that I am following the OPs exercise precisely, albeit more accurately, aside from one post. If I am off topic at all, I'll simply stop replying to this topic. The only reason I have responded this much is because I enjoy this thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred

ok i can understand your logic in the Op, and to a degree i can accept alot of what you said however ... all it would take is one race to be the exception and you would end up with a very hostile universe, and just because a race has developed a live and let live attitude towards all castes of their own race it doesnt really mean that attitude would be projected on to other races especially inferior races.

having said that the fact that we are still here and havent been destroyed is either a sign of alien benevolence, indifference or we have never been visited.

Thanks for your reply and your time, Demandred...
What I am presenting is an un-proven scientific hypothesis on our world, but is accepted universally (i know that makes me sound crazy)..
Let me type it again for those who skip thru the pages...

When a species is capable of leaving it's own solar system it means that it has overcome the 'progress-destruction cycle' that can occur when mastery of it's own aggressive tendencies is lacking. At the same time a species discovers powerful energy sources allowing travel beyond their own solar system, they also become capable of creating offensive weapons of irreversible destructive power.
This is a form of natural selection. Only those species who perfectly control their aggressiveness can reach this stage. The others will self destruct from misuse of this technology

For violent people, they will rationalise this statement as propaganda, without hesitation.
For those who take a moment and ponder the relevance of this statement, it might inspire them to pursue probability of this on a scientific level, using algorithms and whatever else scientists use

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I applaud your logic as applied to the ET system, OP. I think it's sound.

I have two, and only two problems with your conclusion though.

1) Why do they seem to hide from the populace? I think it's a natural thing, and wise thing to be suspicious of any entity that is furtive. What are they hiding, if anything?

2) Abductions/experiments/implants, etc. Not really the mark of an entity that "loves" us, it would seem to me. More the mark of an entity that places its agenda above ours, and doesn't care enough to communicate what that agenda is. If an entity chose to communicate directly with me, say, and told me what it was doing, and impressed upon me the long view -- the importance of its mission, I would likely be a willing participant. This also jogs back to the furtive thing. Within the context of humanity, those that have nothing to hide, hide nothing.

I don't recollect any interaction with otherworldly denizens. I have an inherent repulsion to the imagery of what we characterize as the Grays. Probably means nothing, perhaps a gradual socialization and nothing more than that. I think if they truly cared for our welfare, they would make themselves known on a global scale, help us interactively, ease our growing pains.

Interesting thread. Goodonya

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join