It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Missile Crews Stole Nuclear Launch Components

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Air Force Missile Crews Stole Nuclear Launch Info

www.kxmc.com

Two officers in charge of classified launch materials for nuclear missiles stationed around Minot Air Force Base lied about destroying the materials and instead took them home.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/31/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
We have yet another nuclear secrets problem at Minot air base. Same outfit with the missing cruise missiles if I recall correctly.

www.kxmc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I wonder what the classified items actually were. The article said they were to "detect tampering." So even though they claim there is no security risk, hypothetically we could say that our nuclear weapons systems may have been tampered with without anyone knowing. Not good at all given the the rest of the problems we have already seen.

Another piece to a bigger puzzle if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Perhaps someone wants to know how to keep 'tampered' nuclear systems from being detected?

sorry for the one liner.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
everything including 9-11 has involved the airforce..from mock hijackings on 9-11 to nukes going missing has involved them...something stinks to heaven ..could someone make a list of every incident involving the airforce..im off to bed lol...

[edit on 31-8-2008 by fatdad]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Personally I'd like to know WTF is going on with the Air Force myself. Is there any adult supervision there, especially at Minot? First the Minot-Barksdale missing nuke, then several Generals get uncerimoniously sh--canned, and now this. Throw in the allegations a few years ago about evangelical discrimination at the Academy, and you've got fuel for years of conspiracy fodder. Having had to sign for dangerous but non-nuclear ammunition many times, it blows my friggin mind that this could happen. Having been in the "dumb branch" it just blows my mind that thes coddled Air Force guys could F up so often and completely here lately.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What the "****" is going on at Minot AFB??!!

-Nuclear warheads, mounted on cruise missles, are removed from inventory, apparently without official authorization, mounted on an aircraft and flown across country in blatant violation of standing treaties (not to mention, common sense!).

-Nuclear ICBM launch codes are left unsecured by three sleeping! service members in direct violation of procedure.

Although expired, the codes are still considered "classified", assumedly due to the fact that the codes themselves could be analyzed to deduce the encryption structure used to generate such codes.

-And now we hear that two top secret "anti-tamper" nuclear ICBM launch system "detectors" were essentially "stolen" by the same AF officers sworn to guard them.

And only ONE of the devices has been recovered!!!

And all of this has occured at the same Air Force base (Minot) and within the SAME Year!

I do so wish ATS member "Azchuck" were still posting on this topic.

This latest incident makes me very curious/nervous.
By now, even the most skeptical observer should have enough evidence to conclude that there is more than just "a breakdown of operational discipline" infecting Minot AFB.

I would posit that, in light of these latest revelations and despite the Air Force's assurances to the contrary, a full-scale investigation, at the Congressional level, be immediately undertaken to ascertain and establish whether, and to what degree, our country's nuclear arsenal has been compromised.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Bhadhidar]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Always makes me nervous when nuclear secrets or weapons go missing or are handled improperly. It just seems like it is happening more often lately to me. I think our system needs an overhaul and a lot more oversight.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
arnt all the airmen involved in the nuclear warhead incident all dead..COUGH ..(( of natural causes )) ..

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I had read that many of those involved in the incident had died and the officer in charge was reassigned to Elmendorf air base in Alaska and then he shot himself in the head but they did not immediately find the gun.

top topics

join