It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Do the Veep Candidates Stand on Animals?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bejing
Govenor Palin funded a Preditor Protection program.
The wolf is a killing machine and have been killing the Moose and other enjoyable animals. Its Population control. Would you rather have Moose or Wolfs roaming your streets? I say free the cows!

Oh, tell us more enlightened one, of the glorious moose!

How does the enjoyable moose roam?

Humans are killing machines.
Wolves are at worst eating machines.

Tell us, what other species should we dispose with so that you can walk the streets safely with your newly freed cows?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
to address the issue regarding "the more i learn about palin, the less i like her", i would like to say from personal experience, that people are vicious, even more vicious than most animals. this translates clearest on issues related to politics and religion. it's like a free-for-all hunting spree, where we dredge up little bullets to use against the opposing side's offerings, characters and so on. or we assume someone is against us when they aren't, or against what we stand for, ultimately, when there are so many layers to the complex job of running a country. your priority list will determine who you vote for, of course, but i think you'll find that when it's all laid out on the table and inspected, that you'll see that both sides have solutions to issues that you agree with and disagree with.

it's all about your priorities. sad to say, i don't think our votes actually mean much. i think at this juncture, they only serve as ego boosts for the candidate in question, act like a mammoth survey of the nation, and have little to do with who actually gets to be at the helm.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
... sad to say, i don't think our votes actually mean much. i think at this juncture, they only serve as ego boosts for the candidate in question, act like a mammoth survey of the nation, and have little to do with who actually gets to be at the helm.

You know it's very fashionable to say that on ATS. I read it all the time:
I'm not voting.
My vote is worthless.
This is in fact not true.
Yes it is accurate to say that in the context of 60 million votes one is statistically insignificant, yet it still counts. Furthermore, as I have pointed out on other threads, your vote can have an influence in the elections that affect you the most, your local ones.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

On the other hand, even though Gov. Palin knew her baby would have Down Syndrome, she believed her child's life was sacred and a gift from God.

This is why we need to keep politics and religion seperate.

Once you throw God in there, it changes everything.

I could care less what religion my canadate is. He or she could worship Satan, I wouldnt care. There is no proof that any of these two entities even exsist. What or who you worship on YOUR OWN TIME is your business, not mine. So dont make it my business. Or I just wont vote for your a$$.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Frankenchrist]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This is one area my view might suprise some. No secret that I am a "gun nut". I love shooting, and I love guns. That said I HATE hunting. I would rather "shoot" a bear with a camera than a gun. Of course if the bear wants to eat me, I will kill it no problem. I just refuse to go into the woods and murder a animal for "sport". I have tried my whole life and let many big bucks go with just a shot in the air. Kind of a he knew I could have taken him kind of thing without having to field dress, and drag the beast a few miles
I prefer to "hunt" and a nice steak house.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

That is actually very well said.
Gun ownership and and cruelty to animals are unrelated.
A gun is merely a tool. Cruelty is an act and it doesn't require a gun, just a lack of conscience.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Apologies if this is off-topic but I'd like to put forward two reasons why animals should be protected, why they deserve respect and a level of care.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Now tell me that animals are there to be destroyed for fun.

[edit on 2/9/08 by Yossarian]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by mental modulator

Maybe Biden should get a bumper sticker that says, "Kill Babies, Keep Kittens! Vote Obama/Biden!"

Maybe you should get a bumper sticker proclaiming your position of power in the OotMm

Organization of the Moronic Masses

Seriously man. Can you explain to me what part of "freedom of choice" you dont understand?

They're not killing babies.
Babies are born.

Once a caterpillar spins its cocoon - is it AUTOMATICALLY a butterfly? Or is it still a caterpillar.

You have to answer that scientifically - and not ask Rush Limbaugh for an answer.

The fact is a fetus is a fetus until its born.
THen its a baby.

1. a caterpillar is an insect, not a human.
2. Humans do not metamorphize into a second stage of development, unless you mean they gain some semblence of intelligence and lose their liberal ideas.
3. When is a human a human? When the cell cluster is no longer just a cell cluster but have divided into millions of specilized cells, for such things as bones, brain, skin, eyes and a self pumping heart. This process takes abouth 3 weeks before there is something can be considered a human by appearence as well as genetics. At this time, it is about the size of a large pea.
4. If its size at 3 weeks is a problem making it a human baby, what about midgets? Are they less human because they are smaller than average? Should we murder all "little people" becuse they dont fit your pre-concived notion because of their dimutive stature?
5. Ah ha!, you may be thinking that if you pulled that baby out of its protective home for the next 9 months it would surely die, thus it is not a baby right...what if I do the same to you? I will take you and put you in space, away from your protective home of earth, do you cease to be human, you cant breath on your own in space and what are you going to eat out there?

Does that answer your scientific question? If no, then its not a scientific one you are looking for, but a moral one.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thanks..I don't have anything against people that hunt. It just is not something I like to do. I camp and hike all the time. I just don't get the whole man's man type thing that it is suppose to be about. I can bond with my kids taking them out on a lake to ski or fish just as easily. Bringing a 3000 dollar rifle into the woods to kill a deer is not sport. I think that some hunters just like to kill..In fact I know that is true in some cases. When I hit 30 I knew several things were just not going to change about me. That was one of them.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Sarah Palin probably stands on their neck as she rips the fur off of their carcasses.

Oh you meant where does she stand morally on animals, to that I have no clue.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jamstrat

Substitute BB with Sarah Palin:

"Bill Brasky once used a live rattle snake as a condom!"
"Brasky's family crest is a picture of a barracuda eating Neil Armstrong."
"His poop is considered currency in Argentina."
"I once saw him scissor-kick Angela Lansbury."
"Did I ever tell you about the time Brasky took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can't find one. Finally Brasky takes me to a vacant lot and says, 'Here we are.' We sat there for a year and a half — until sure enough, someone constructs a bar around us. Well, the day they opened we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. Brasky yelled over the roar of the flames, 'Always leave things the way you found 'em!'"
"He once punched a hole in a cow just to see who was coming up the road."
"He hated Mexicans! And he was half-Mexican! ...And he hated irony!"
"The character of Johnny Appleseed was based on Brasky... except for the part about planting apple trees... and not raping men."
"He did all the makeup on the Planet of the Apes movies."
"He drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls."
"He orchestrated the merger between UNICEF and Smith & Wesson."
"They say Gene Roddenberry got the idea for Star Trek by listening to Brasky talk in his sleep."
"Did I ever tell you about the time Brasky went hunting? Brasky decides he's going to hunt down all four of the Banana Splits. He stalks and kills every one of them with a machete. They all begged for their lives...except Fleegle."
"We once had a bachelor party for Brasky. He ate the entire cake before we could tell him there was a stripper in it."
"Brasky named the group Sha Na Na. They did not want to be called that."
"If you drop a phonograph needle on Brasky's nipple, it plays the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds."
"Did I ever tell you about the time he taught his son how to drive? He did it by entering him in the Indy 500. The kid wrecked and died. Brasky said it would've happened sometime."
"He breastfeeds John Madden!"
"He killed Wolfman Jack with a trident."
"He sleeps eight hours a night! Well, he was pretty normal when it came to that."

wikipedia

The information you seek by the way is on the OP.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Just when things seem like they can't sink any lower (and they probably can't) we are now comparing candidates for VP based on how they treat animals.

Wow....

I'm more concerned with how they treat humans.

Even though a Catholic, Biden thinks it's ok to kill unborn babies. And of course Lord Obama himself said he wouldn't want his children PUNISHED with a baby.

On the other hand, even though Gov. Palin knew her baby would have Down Syndrome, she believed her child's life was sacred and a gift from God.

Maybe Biden should get a bumper sticker that says, "Kill Babies, Keep Kittens! Vote Obama/Biden!"

How humans treat animals is a good indication on how they will treat other humans. You folks always want proof of statement, so here you are........
read this and at the bottom of the article is more references.

www.peteducation.com...

This is about pets...."Animal Cruelty/Human Violence: The Link", but an animal is what it is domestic or wild.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Animal rights are a big issue with me. I do not believe in gunning down wildlife for sport. I believe that if you shoot an animal you should eat it or be charged with a crime. Hunting licenses should only be issued to people who are too poor to afford food for their families. They should be provided with a gun by the government, if they cannot afford one. Of course they would be required to turn it in when their kill is inspected to ensure compilation with game laws and sanitary practices. If there are still hunting license left over after all the poor people, especially Native Americans have had their pick, then the rest should be sold at four figure prices so the money can go to the managing the wildlife resources. By poor people, I mean those making less than ten thousand dollars a year.

Now let me say that I am also a gun advocate and wish I could afford the dues to join the NRA. Whatever Biden's wildlife stance is, it is offset by his moronic stance on gun control. Here in the center of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION GANGLAND known to the rest of you as Arizona, we need the semi auto weapons to defend ourselves from the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT GANGSTERS who break into our homes and terrorize us. THE POLICE DO NOT PREVENT CRIME. THEY ONLY CLEAN UP THE AFTERMATH. AN ARMED POPULACE IS A PROVEN DETERRENT TO CRIME.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by merky

Thanks for the link merky, that's actually very informative.

groin, I also agree with you on this about the hunting.
Gun control is not an issue with me personally and I tend to just let people be so I have no problem with gun ownership. Protection and feeling safe are important things in life.

So is kindness to both animals and humans.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Again, a STATE issue. Why don't you worry more about the issues that truly lie at a Federal level when discussing the Presidential/VP candidates? Stop relinquishing your powers to the Federal government!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I appreciate your efforts to guide me in my life as to what should and should not be important to me and what I should do about it. I should however point out that I already have a wife and a mother. As a result, I can assure you, the job is taken.

Thanks though, careful getting off that horse now.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

to address the issue regarding "the more i learn about palin, the less i like her", i would like to say from personal experience, that people are vicious, even more vicious than most animals. this translates clearest on issues related to politics and religion.

This is just pure rationalization for the call to do or care about nothing!
For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone cannot be disgusted with the GOP's record. They are just simply"mean people" no matter how you cut it. The only thing they "claim" to care about is abortion and the fight against alternative lifestyles. Meanwhile they promote torture, starting of illegitimate wars involving the death and suffering of millions, destruction of the environment, protection of big oil and corporations, and now they choose a VP candidate with the soul of Attila the Hun.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Absolutely right and eloquently stated!

Just wanted to show my support in this thread for the OP and it's poster as well as this member. Hopefully my comments on a thread I started in err will be here shortly.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ok... I'll add the comments myself - from another thread I started.

Palin's track record in the animal rights community leaves alot to be desired.

I hear alot of talk about how "tough" this woman is and how "beautiful" she is. Well, I offer an alternative opinion in that I think the only part of her that is "tough" is her heart and that the "beautiful" parts of her are only skin deep.

I believe you can tell alot about people by their connection with nature and their relationship with animals. This woman has a track record that is less than stellar when it comes to animals. Please do yourself a favor and goole "Palin animal rights" if you would like more information on what she's been involved in.

Wolves are one of the most beautiful and family oriented creatures on the planet in my opinion and I cherish and adore them as a species. I can't, in all good conscience, vote for someone as cold-hearted as this person in regards to such wonderful creatures.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join