Where Do the Veep Candidates Stand on Animals?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'm not trying to be a smarty pants I swear, but I think native Alaskans prefer to be called Inuit.
They have special exemptions from wildlife legislation for hunting and cultural reasons.
But those pictures that Benevolent Heretic provided in the first page are just the saddest most unnecessary thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

They both think animals are delicious when cooked over a nice hot fire. Personally, I agree with them.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I eat meat. I'm having a bbq tomorrow.
We're not talking about sustenance here.

Try the thread from the start.

[edit on 8/31/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

they look like a group of vikings with those hats on in that one photo. as far as wolves go, my hubby loves dogs and dogs love him. he's freakin' tarzan, i swear. he would be afraid of a wolf, but you'd be really hard pressed to convince him to shoot one. but then we aren't in that culture. i imagine palin wouldn't be hunting animals in Washington, DC.

some native american tribes also use peyote. but they wouldn't use it in Washington, DC. i'm thinking this is an issue better chalked up to culture not politics. where it becomes political is more along the lines of legislation rather than dietary habits (unless of course she was eating your uncle!)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

i imagine palin wouldn't be hunting animals in Washington, DC.
(unless of course she was eating your uncle!)

Easy for you to say, I live in Washington DC!
And just a few blocks from from the VP residence.
And believe it or not the area is quite "foresty."
So much so that you regularly see deer crossing Mass Ave. at night.
So if she's VP, she'll be out there with a shotgun like Cheney. That's all I need.

No uncles here, but I'm not letting my bulldog out my sight.

Doesn't seem like it's going to be an issue thugh.
Mr. Biden's gonna be my nice new neighbor.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I did read the thread through. Sorry I was just throwing out a wise crack. What I really should have said is I think this country needs to toughen up. We have some very serious issues to address with oil, finances, wars etc.. So we need to find ways to protect some animals without loosing sight of the fact that we are at the top of the food chain. You think if we get taken over by Russia or China they are going to be worried about some polar bears? We always have people wanting to save everything around here. If we would man up and fight that war in Iraq like the Russians would have done it, it would be over by now. They didnt seem to worry about making any friends in Georgia or protecting any civilains. Its war there isnt supposed to be rules.
Sorry I am a little grumpy....

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

erm, i dunno. as i said, i'm a moderate, but there's one thing i'm not very moderate about and that's the idea of a woman in the white house. i really would like to see that. don't understand why they ousted hillary and i'm not very happy about them trying to oust palin either. so many other western societies have had or have women leaders, and we act like it's some earth shattering event lol they've had women leaders in england for hundreds of years. in israel. even in the old testament of the bible they had a woman leader. it's not that scary guys, come on!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I agree completely. The only thing I would add is that as far as the white house, imho, issues like gender/race are very low on my personal checklist of what qualifies a person for that job. In fact I feel that way about any job really. But that's for another thread.
Like I said this happens to be important to ME.

I also agree with justsomeboreddude.
There are so many other important issues these days. And I discuss them every day on ATS on many forums. I just wanted to talk about this one as well, that's all.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

well see, that's the problem. i'll explain:

the mindset of the people determine the most popular choices for candidates, yes?

so, a woman will never be in the white house unless that mindset changes, because:

1. if the woman is an opposing party, which she will always be, the opposition will always argue her less than greatness. this is going to happen, regardless of party.

2. women are idolized, put on a pedestal, and expected to never do anything wrong or uncharacteristic. this is doubly so in public life. they are under much harsher scrutiny than their male counterparts. so much more is expected of them, by not just men but other women as well, that it borders on the impossible.

3. as a result of the tendency to view women in power as mean and spiteful, the idea of one leading the nation will not sit well with those men who view women in this manner.

4. alot of people have mother issues. this translates to all female authority figures for the rest of their lives.

sorry to say it, but even without saying a single negative thing about a potential female candidate, she probably wouldn't make it to the white house because american males are really hung up on the whole woman thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Like I said, I agree with you. Though the second time you said it you are using some similar broad brushes and generalizations that you accuse society of assigning to women.
But this is not an issue for this thread, is it?

I'm very happy and willing to have this important conversation. You start the thread, I'll be there I promise.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

nah, this thread is just a symptom of it. i know you think it's a symptom of her stance on animals, but i can guarantee you if she did everything else according to your standards, you would still find that one thing completely untenable. same goes for hillary. why isn't hillary the vp for obama?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

That you have to ask Mr. Obama. I suspect he didn't want to see Billy sitting on his chair with a loose bathrobe and a pint of ice cream in one hand and a remote in the other every morning.
I voted for her, but not because/despite of being a woman. Now that she's out, I support the candidate who shares and represents my beliefs and concerns.
And in this perhaps small issue, she just could not be further from the side of decency, in my value system. That's all.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

You are concerned with species that run wild in Alaska. I am concerned with my own species first and foremost.

Then you had better start caring for wildlife. We are more advanced than we were in the 1800's. Intelligent thinking people understand it is all about balance.

When mother nature goes out of balance we all lose. We cannot survive without nature and ALL of nature is going out of balance because of us.

We need to wake up.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

Exactly how are you infering that Obama is going to be killing babies?

Desperation?

Your party reeks of it this year

You're joking right?

Lord Obama DID vote to kill live babies.

newsbusters.org...

Jill Stanek has done yeoman's work on uncovering the fact that Barack Obama and his surrogates have been outright lying about Obama's constant votes against the Live-Birth abortion bills when he was in office in the State legislature.

But you wouldn't know that because it's not posted on a pro-Obama website.

Comparing the animal issue and human baby abortion is relevant, and even though a previous poster backed away from it...I am not!

Try going to Florida and mess with a baby sea turtle egg and see how fast you are thrown under the jail! But, but, but....it's a potential sea turtle and deserves protection! That arguement doesn't work when you are talking about a human baby, but it's good enough to protect a sea turtle baby?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
oh yeah, you reminded me.
why isn't hillary the presidential candidate? cause her husband eats ice cream and uses a remote control. why isn't she the vp, because her husband wears a bath robe and sits on a chair.
i'm challenging you to think deeper. past your party. past your votes.
why do you think, generally-speaking, women have never been a vp or president in the USA?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by undo]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
She's a sexual eye candy who "likes to watch football!!! OOO !!! OOO!!! OO!!! OOO!!!!"

I bet she likes to set on the couch in her underwear belching, farting, and scratching herself.

Maybe thats why she has 5 children?
So someone is always around to run and grab mommy another beer?

Seriously. She fits it.

Wiggin, do you have any idea how sexist and misogynistic your posts come across?

You are the first and most frequent to whine like a baby that any criticism of Obama is racist, and yet you throw around sexist comments like it's second nature for you.

I actually used to enjoy your posts when you first started because they were somewhat well structured and supported by some evidence. Now you've just become an embarrassment to yourself.

Seriously, you can do better.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

RR, just so I know for future reference, are you going to bring abortion as counter topic on every issue/thread/post/forum on ATS?
I just like to know so I can ignore you cause it's wrong, boring, and a waist of everybody's time.
Surely you have enough threads going demonizing pro-choice.
Must you infect everything?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
If we would man up and fight that war in Iraq like the Russians would have done it, it would be over by now. They didnt seem to worry about making any friends in Georgia or protecting any civilains. Its war there isnt supposed to be rules.

I am so sorry for derailing the thread a little but WTF? I thought you folks that got talked into going to war did it because we were liberators?!?

We need to man up all right. Real men DONT KILL WOMEN AND CHILDREN!

Did a comet pass by the earth ten years ago and turn you right wing fundamentals into bootlicking zombies? I am serious you people are nuts and starting to freak me out.

Whatever happened to people with a heart? I am a moderate well balanced person and do not believe in killing anything if you can help it. Go after the big corporations that have ruined this country not the people!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
If we would man up and fight that war in Iraq like the Russians would have done it, it would be over by now. They didnt seem to worry about making any friends in Georgia or protecting any civilains. Its war there isnt supposed to be rules.

I am so sorry for derailing the thread a little but WTF? I thought you folks that got talked into going to war did it because we were liberators?!?

We need to man up all right. Real men DONT KILL WOMEN AND CHILDREN!

Did a comet pass by the earth ten years ago and turn you right wing fundamentals into bootlicking zombies? I am serious you people are nuts and starting to freak me out.

Whatever happened to people with a heart? I am a moderate well balanced person and do not believe in killing anything if you can help it. Go after the big corporations that have ruined this country not the people!

LOL, I am not stupid. That BS that Bush threw out there about liberating people is just some pile of crap he is trying to use to sell the war to the people. It was a mistake that came back to bite him in the behind. We were never there to liberate anyone. We were there to finish what we started. We had every right to invade that country AGAIN. They signed a peace treaty which they continually broke. Enough said. He should have just told the truth, showed the UN the treaty and went over there and finished what THEY started. What do you think would have happened to Japan if they broke there peace treaty even once?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I frankly don't care what Gov. Palin does in her spare time. She lives in Alaska and Alaskans do a lot of hunting. Culling wolves and other predators to allow hunters to get edible meat is common practice. We cull coyotes and wolves in domestic herds all the time. She is just taking care of the people in her state by doing what they want.
The arguments about abortion are misleading. The democrats are saying that women have a choice to do what they wish; whether the candidates personally advocate abortion is not known. Gov. Palin accepted her child because that is her belief and shows that she lives what she speaks. As to the Republicans, they love the abortion issue so much that, although they have been in power for many years since Roe v. Wade, they have done absolutely nothing about it but use it to get elected. This evergreen issue has caused many good intentioned, caring people to vote for a party that has not had their best interests at heart but rather has taken care of the wealthy at the expense of all of us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join