It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy McCain talks about Palin's National Security Experience

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
HONESTLY you guys will say anything to defend GoddesSarah...

All hail GoddesSarah and her proxy experience!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Maybe someone else posted this but, Alaska is where many of the Russian Bear bombers come over to test our air defenses. Seems she may have a bit more experience and knowledge than Obama in the defense of the country, especially considering the comments he made about slowing down and/our stopping military research and development. Obama living in Indonesia as a child is a weak excuse for knowledge of foreign affairs. How much does anyone remember politically from their childhood? I know politics wasn't exactly high on my list of things I was interested in when I was a kid.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Alaska National Guard General: Palin Plays No Role In National Defense Activities Even When They Involve The Alaska National Guard

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well of course, because at the "National" level, the President or Congress have the reigns of the National Defense.

If it were related to state activities that were non-national, then she'd have control, just as every other governor of any other state does.

A lame attempt to discredit Palin.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

It is good that they have cleared up the situation, as officially, this seems somewhat in contradiction with the Alaska State Constitution.

The governor is commander-in-chief of the armed forces of the State. He may call out these forces to execute the laws, suppress or prevent insurrection or lawless violence, or repel invasion. The governor, as provided by law, shall appoint all general and flag officers of the armed forces of the State, subject to confirmation by a majority of the members of the legislature in joint session. He shall appoint and commission all other officers.

Alaska State Constitution

Of course, we also know how that goes. The Feds have ultimate authority and can override the state constitution if they want. I'm sure that's the case here.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by vor78]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

HONESTLY you guys will say anything to defend MessiahObama...

All hail MessiahObama and his proxy experience!

Yea it does sound familiar.

But Obama gets the media halo treatment

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I disagree mopus, on Mccain.

He's actively stated he will ask the young people to serve in the next war he comes up with as President. During Iraq war, he was commonly seen on MSN as a political pundit complaining and saying we should have a draft, hes pro-draft. When he is asked what he thinks about bombing Iran, Mccain replies "Bomb Iran? .. heheheh... Bomb bomb bomb!"

Even political experts are saying IF he wins, it will be a war time Presidency, new wars will be started across the world.

So there's two ways to unite America; unite in peace, or unite in war.

Either way, we will unite, better our economy, and become closer. But at least with peace nobody has to die.

As for Joe Biden, yes you are correct, they call him the 'attack dog' for a reason. But let me assure you Joe is one of the most honest, loyal to the people senators that this country has ever had. He knows all kinds of world leaders and important people, has non-political friendships with them. Now let me ask you, if Joe Biden just happened to be buddy-buddy with .. oh I dunno .. Russia's new President, dont you think all these tensions would cease after a couple of face to face meetings? Having a friendship gives you leverage ..

[edit on 9/1/2008 by runetang]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

OH GODDESSARAH

WILL YOU HELP ME FREE MY MOOSE FROM THE IRON

GRIP OF MY WOOD CHIPPER???

[edit on 1-9-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

All hail GoddesSarah

GoddesSarah, eh? Ya' know that's really weak and lame.
It won't stick.

She doesn't self-attribute messianic/narcissistic rhetoric complete with biblical references and symbolism like Obamessiah does.

Not even close. Oh .. and the press doesn't give her the halo treatment like it does with Obamessiah. photos . Geeeze .. they even halo him while he's sneezing.

edited immediately to fix link.

[edit on 9/1/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Not even close. Oh .. and the press doesn't give her the halo treatment like it does with Obamessiah. photos . Geeeze .. they even halo him while he's sneezing.

this is hilarious.

You people complain about the fairness doctrine by saying that its just a liberal way to stifle the "conservative media" because you say liberals complain that media is unfair to them

then

in the SAME BREATH you claim that the media is too liberal

you conservatives should change your motto from "set in the ways of tradition"

to

"political sadomasochistic, self defeating group of grumpy old men"

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If any person on here thinks that the future of the world rests in this woman's hands then you are utterly deluded.

The geo-strategic importance of Russia and its relations with the US is so far and beyond anything that this woman has ever been involved in that it is simply purile and borders on the insane that she would have any relations or serious understanding of the situation.

Please grow up - attempting to inject legitimacy into this woman by making not simply outlandish but utterly foolish assertions will only serve to de-legitimise yourself and this woman entirely.

One would simply have to ask Palin what the nearest Russian city is to her state and she would be completely dumbfounded and exposed for what she is - a right wing gun toting patsy for the neocons.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic Canada?? You are so funny, jamie! Alaska borders Canada. So does Washington, Montana, N/ Dakota and many more.

People all over are making fun of Steve Doocy and Cindy McCain for saying this. And you agree with them?

Hey, I can see into Mexico from where I stand. I have foreign policy experience!

People making fun of Cindy McCain over this is no reflection on Cindy McCain, but a reflection on their own ignorance.

Do you even understand what a Governor does?

Alaska borders Russia and Canada, two foreign countries. The Governor is responsible for all things relating to these border issues, both land and sea.

Alaska is the only state that ONLY borders foreign countries. I.e., it has no border with another U.S. state. Gov. Palin by her position is required daily to be involved with issues relating to U.S./Canadian/Russian border issues.

Neither you with your view into Mexico nor Obama have any similar experience. Citing other ignoramuses making jokes about this as your source of information pretty much explains the quality, or lack thereof, of your observations.

If you don't mind you have any kind of proof that she dealt with Russia and how on a national level or at all? Just want to know how...and not guess about it. What kind of negotiations? What kind of treaties? Fishing rights? anything has she performed with Russia or Canada for that matter. Does she even have the authority on that level? (Just want to know)

Obama did go to Indonesia when he was a young boy but he also traveled as a young man to Europe then to Africa in 1988 or so for weeks. Obama also traveled before the elections to other countries including Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia and Africa. This does not include his little trip during his election phase to Germany and such on his tour.

Obama worked on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations and introduced two initiatives expanded the Nunn–Lugar cooperative threat reduction concept to conventional weapons which has direct involvement and communication with Russia and foreign dignitaries. He pushed his Nuclear reduction plan with long range international issues. No small beans there but people often forget about it.

Finally, this is one thing I believe in....

"The day I'm inaugurated, not only will the country look at itself differently, but the world will look at America differently," Obama told an audience in Audubon, Iowa, last month, "because not only do I have the experience of working at the highest levels of government on foreign policy but also because the leaders of others counties will know that I've got family members that live in small villages in Africa that are poor so I know what they're going through."

I think Obama is the only person who can undo the damage done by the Bush Administration. He is the only one just by his ability to relate in one way or another to most in the world that can fix America's reputation in the world.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
If any person on here thinks that the future of the world rests in this woman's hands then you are utterly deluded.

The geo-strategic importance of Russia and its relations with the US is so far and beyond anything that this woman has ever been involved in that it is simply purile and borders on the insane that she would have any relations or serious understanding of the situation.

Please grow up - attempting to inject legitimacy into this woman by making not simply outlandish but utterly foolish assertions will only serve to de-legitimise yourself and this woman entirely.

One would simply have to ask Palin what the nearest Russian city is to her state and she would be completely dumbfounded and exposed for what she is - a right wing gun toting patsy for the neocons.

I wouldn't say it's because she is a woman. I think Ms. Clinton would have done a wonderful job. Palin has no idea what is going on...she jokingly said (at least I hope so) that she had no idea what a VP does. (considering Cheney and his job performance its no wonder she is guessing)

Palin has limited exposure, probably never set foot on Capitol Hill and has never really be out of the country. She has lived almost all her life in Alaska and Idaho.

She is probably clueless about what is happening to people on the rest of the nation for that matter.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Takaris

I think Obama is the only person who can undo the damage done by the Bush Administration. He is the only one just by his ability to relate in one way or another to most in the world that can fix America's reputation in the world.

Can you show me an example of something he has done in the past that demonstrates the judgement and character required to fix America's reputation in the world?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Palin has limited exposure, probably never set foot on Capitol Hill and has never really be out of the country. She has lived almost all her life in Alaska and Idaho.

She is probably clueless about what is happening to people on the rest of the nation for that matter.

These two statements show how un-informed you are.

I will give you credit for giving yourself an out by saying "probably".

[edit on 1-9-2008 by mhc_70]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

SO a business should not exist to create money and should instead exist to cater to the desiers of the BUSH administration?

No .. cator to free speech. Cator to Democracy (the American Republic).

I don't expect Obama's supporters to know what that means, as they are essentially Communist anyway if voting for Obama.

The Chinese people can't even visit certain sites (news sites, blogs etc.) carrying stories that day that may make America look good, or China look bad etc. They only see what the Chinese govenment wants them to.

Everything is filtered. It's called the "Great Firewall of China". One massive civilian computer network.

If Obama had his way, we'd only see what he wanted us to. No other views, but his. This is already apparent.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by jetxnet]

Luckily we are getting Bush out of here. We are already subject to Bush's singular views. We are already subject to Bush's filtered information policies. I am sure most of us here on these forums know what Bush has done with his years in office.

He lied about Katrina, He lied about Social Security, He lied about the Economy, He lied about the Guantanamo Detainees and Abuse, He lied about 9/11 warnings and most "Communist" of all...he lied about the Domestic Spy Program which listens to your phone conversations and emails to this day, he lied about Iraq and is probably screwing us with Iran as well. In less than five years Bush has nearly doubled our national debt, to a stunning $8.2 trillion. (Oh yea, no effect on the Economy.), Our military lied too - Overused and over-deployed, The environmental police is horrid and full of lies, a 1 trillion dollar annual trade deficit, the world hates us, he squandered a 90% approval rating and sucked it down the drain to about 23%, First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history, Dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history and more I am sure.

Anyone else care to add to the list of "Communist activity"? I can use the word "Communist" to scare people too.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

These two statements show how un-informed you are.

I will give you credit for giving yourself an out by saying "probably".

[edit on 1-9-2008 by mhc_70]

Ok, that was silly.

I am not informed then please tell me...what you are talking about. Which part am I not informed about? If you have some information please share it. I have seen nothing about her activities in her bio, news reports or any source. I have have seen some blurbs about her hitting Iraq for a day or two but nothing more. If I am mistaken, please correct me.

Ok, I will say it is my OPINION that she is probably clueless.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

Can you show me an example of something he has done in the past that demonstrates the judgement and character required to fix America's reputation in the world?

Well, lets start with this. According to On the Issue Palin has no stance on foreign policy so I can't go there.

Obama's character as well has his diversity can make a difference. The simple fact that America is willing to make a change is evidence enough that things around the globe can change with it. Obama has been criticized again and again for his views on negotiations and diplomacy with rogue and questionable nations. The question is do we need more dead Americans as we try to police the world? Do we need to fight every country we do not agree with ideologically? ... that is just my opinion though.

When Bush visited Germany people burned American flags. When he visited it was a sign that something was in the air.

You should ask yourself what could be worse then an administration that literally tore down diplomacy in favor or in favor of their plans of Iraq occupation. Where an administration has threatened and angered every nation on the globe including Great Britain (where one of the largest anti-iraq protests were held). Where the administration has forgotten national interests and failed at most of their policies. (could be Clinton's fault but who knows.)

Then you ask yourself why McCain supported a large majority of the Bush policies.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Obama did go to Indonesia when he was a young boy but he also traveled as a young man to Europe then to Africa in 1988 or so for weeks. Obama also traveled before the elections to other countries including Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia and Africa. This does not include his little trip during his election phase to Germany and such on his tour.

Wow if visiting countries is foreign policy experience I need to run for president
I have been to Mexico, Panama. Jamaica, Uk, Ireland, France, Germany, Poland, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Isreal, Russia, Korea, Japan, China and Australia. hmm appears i have more foreign policy experience then Obama or Palin.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

"The day I'm inaugurated, not only will the country look at itself differently, but the world will look at America differently," Obama told an audience in Audubon, Iowa, last month, "because not only do I have the experience of working at the highest levels of government on foreign policy but also because the leaders of others counties will know that I've got family members that live in small villages in Africa that are poor so I know what they're going through."

Obama really said this? Are you serious?

He's using his poor family members in Africa to in a lame attempt to make himself seem more worldly or credible to world leaders?

Wow...

Perhaps he should be more worried about making himself appear more credible to us Americans.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join