It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ATSers Need As Proof Criteria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Would you like writing carved into structures on Mars or under the sea? Ideally statues and writing? Rosetta-ish with translations? Would you prefer pictograms? How about UFO proof? Do ATSers need daylight, focused/ but not CGI too focused, pans with buildings and sky for size / distance reference? Ideally beings waving from the windows? Or aliens, politicians and bankers waving from the windows and pointing in the direction of planet X, mouthing "pull it" as they buzz NYC?

Seriously, I really am curious what the best of ATSers look for and consider as ideal images or accounts as "Proof." Proof of something that is conventionally rejected by the masses (maybe, or maybe not, for our own good.)

There seems to be more and more information coming in from around the world so we're gradually learning what to look for. Now, it might be interesting to define and categorize a grading system from "Hoax" to "Unlikely" to "Worthy of Discussion" to "Best Ofs" to "Proof".

And only ATSer Experts could vote and stamp Proof (ex. Internos, Armap... would you even like that?)

But first - what would everyone suggest to be in the proof criteria?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
How about the scientific method, for starters?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername
Would you like writing carved into structures on Mars or under the sea? Ideally statues and writing? Rosetta-ish with translations? Would you prefer pictograms? How about UFO proof? Do ATSers need daylight, focused/ but not CGI too focused, pans with buildings and sky for size / distance reference? Ideally beings waving from the windows? Or aliens, politicians and bankers waving from the windows and pointing in the direction of planet X, mouthing "pull it" as they buzz NYC?

And you wonder why so many people are skeptical about UFO's and conspiracy theories.

People like to see some "concrete" proof that cant be disproven as something else or as a hoax. Its jumping to conclusions without investigating that gets people labelled as paranoid, or conspiracy nuts.

And internos and armap do fantastic jobs of picking out anomalies and cgi....keep it up guys

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tattoo1377

It's a good start. But don't you worry that funding pressures and old school prejudice can mess it up a bit?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I agree. If you're looking for writing, you're assuming writing is Universal. And yet crop circles are laughed at or ignored as pretty pictures or natural phenomenon. We have no idea what dogs are saying to each other, but we know they are communicating with each other and with us. It's clearly hard for one species to converse with another. We need to open our minds to all forms of communication to let "them" know what we need for mass "proof" to the rest

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Im just saying if you want an accurate investigation and decent proof....you should remain skeptical until proven otherwise

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
MUFON has some good ground rules - like prepare:

have tripod and video camera ready

show surroundings not just an object in the sky

say or date stamp the day, time and place and direction on the video

things like that should help - right? what else?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Hi t,
This issue comes up every once in a while.
So I have this answer for you from a previous thread.
There is a very easy way to combat overskepticissity:

1. Take a photography class at your local learning annex.
2. Purchase bout ten grand worth of photo/video equipment including tripods, lenses, Flir, etc.
3. Make sure you're there, prepared and looking up at the sky when UFOs appear.
4. Gather witnesses and have them sign a prepared release form.
5. Take picture/video from different angles simultaneously.
6. Immediately place cameras into evidentiary Ziploc.
7. Have said Ziploc sealed by any cast member of CSI or a real CSI.
8. Document this procedure legally by having it notarized. (remember to always have a notary public with you)
9. Have someone take a picture of you, the witnesses, the UFO, the CSI, and the notary public, and have that notarized.
10. Send to ATS

Bob's your uncle!
It couldn't be simpler really.

For some people no proof/evidence is ever going to be acceptable, especially over the internet. It makes one wonder sometimes why they choose to engage in the discussion other than to hear themselves type. Others see UFOs everywhere. Some are hoaxers, some are hopers some are a little off kilter.

I tend to read all the UFO and Anomalous picture threads with great curiosity and interest. I appreciate a lot of the work that image experts do for us cause I have trouble even syncing by phone to my mac. A lot of things are explained away quickly, some are not.

For me the most important thing is to be able to walk away from something new or unexpected with the ability to say "I actually don't know what that is."

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

How right you are
So, good methods to aim for re UFO sightings on earth. What about proof on Mars / Moon photos of life? Or proof of corruption / small elitist one world government controlling the masses? Or weather tampering?

I was thinking:

- Spending records - showing altruistic vs. greedy expenditures by high profile individuals.

- testimonies by people who worked inside NOAA or HAARP - but they have to show / keep a badge or roster with their name - that can be verified.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
General rule with scientific study is build a case just like a crime scene investigator. You find a picture of an anomaly on mars for example don't say that 1 picture proves there life there find another picture taken at a different angle with different shadows is the object still look the same? As far as ufos that can come in almost any context who knows maybe someday an alien will walk into the white house and want to talk with the president.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Yes, I was thinking Corroborating Evidence, too. That's really ideal - multiple witnesses, even better if they're strangers.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It would be great to know what people should be looking for during Gustavo!

Or what they should be listening for?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Ideally beings waving from the windows?

i actually laughed out loud at that.

And yet crop circles are laughed at or ignored as pretty picture

well im trying to picture the scene on an alien homeworld.

alien pilot : "ok commader zork let me get this straight. You want us to use our fantastic technology to traverse huge distances between the stars, go over to that yellow star and find the blue planet. Go down onto that blue planet and make graffiti in their wheat?"

also crop circles generally appear during academic holidays or after the weekend hmm must be some sort of alien union rules about that.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

I never thought of that... crop circles could mostly show up in fields during the summer, because they're by alien youth - on summer vacation!

But for proof on crop circles, I'd like to know who's funding research. Pringle (I think that's her name) must have some serious funding for all those ariel photos. I've heard rumors that Rockefeller Foundation gave $1,000,000 to study molten iron on stems in crop circles.

And I'd like more data on the last time the farmer was in the field before it was "circled." Some of these look involved for an overnight gag.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm sure there will conspiracies that arise from Gustavo. Looking at scenarios and predetermining what would be better for constituting proof, could be helpful.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well 'proof' you say.

Images and video don't go very far, they can be faked easily. Personally I would want legit documentation, multiple witness testimony, and some kind of visual proof as well. Just one of these items is not enough.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So you'd like a public showing? Like the Mexico City sighting or Phoenix lights but with more videos?

Maybe they should go to youtube and ATS all linked together somehow. Like the reports on the "hum" in UK these days.

top topics

join