It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Another Political Misdirection?

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The great thing about ATS MIX being a worldwide show is that our fan base from other countries occasionally send Johnny and I video from their country. Although this may be Satire (maybe some of our Aussie brothers and sisters can clarify), still it is a Great Example of the majority of politicians worldwide and the extreme lengths that they will go to rather than simply fessing up to the truth and being honest with the people they serve.

Watch this FIRST:

Politicians LIE Worldwide

THEN if you can remember a specific instance or example please Post It Here. This is also where you can post your thoughts about politicians in general in your own countries.

Dave


[edit on 9/2/2008 by Dave Rabbit]




posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'll start..... remember the "Exxon Valdez" situation?

Exxon Valdez Environmental Catastrophe

There were hundreds of politicians scrambling to justify everything from the incident to the clean-up.

[edit on 8/31/2008 by Dave Rabbit]



posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
That Australian politician is just too funny. The ship was towed outside the environment. There is nothing out there. That man would be right at home in either the Democrat or Republican party.



posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit
 


Funny thread Mr. Dave Rabbit,

the satire video was hilarious...paper or plastic ?


the truth is you have to be a liar to be a polictician i'm afraid.

the absolute best case for a politician caught lying is Bill Clinton trying to lie about himself and Monica Lewinski...


www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...



posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
How about the weapons of mass destruction claims?

Politicans are seemingly puppets of those with more money,power and influence than they have. A war based on greed and exploitations?



posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thanks Dave! Was this skit taken from the Three Stooges? Got to hand it to him though, he was quick to answer and didn't come un-glued while he was standing there with his pants down... or as my son would say: "having been shanked!" My mother would call politicans "slimeballs" and that 90% of them could never be trusted. When I asked her where the other 10% were, she look at me and said: "that's been the problem for all these years... we can't find them!"



posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Those guys are John Clarke (the politician) and Bryan Dawe (the interviewer.... sorry, had a Captain Obvious moment there). They do a skit like this weekly on the 7:30 Report on the ABC in Australia, usually concerning some type of current Aussie political shennanigans. They are completely hilarious, as you can all see.



posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Batmanatee
 


Thanks brother.... whew..... anyway, it may be satire (great satire at that), but it is not too far from the truth with how far a real politician will go to avoid issues or misdirect.

Thanks for the heads up.

Dave



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
No problem at all! You (and everyone else, for that matter) should google them, I'm sure there's plenty more of their clips around the net. I've loved their comedy for years. They have a real knack for bringing the absurdity of politicians to light, with hilarious results. Sure, some knowledge of Aussie politics may help with the context of the skits, but as you say, the double talk of politicians is pretty much universal, so it's not essential. These guys are masters at highlighting that absurdity.

[edit on 2/9/2008 by Batmanatee]



posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Its absurd that we hand them the keys to power, knowing full well that they are nothing more than crooks and liars. We as a civilization are clearly insane.








 
3

log in

join