It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economy in Recession? More Liberal Lies?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Great Job Jamie!

It's funny people are so fast to justify there "poor me life" that in the "recession" is the problem to my spending...........

Sad world we live in when a person can "claim" we are in a bad world talking on the phone, eating Doritos, driving cars we cant afford and posting annoying comments on the internet they cant prove otherwise.

did I ask the big question? Yes I did to all those in a "recession" what are you having for dinner tonight?

Me? Hot wings!

Peace!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elfworkz
Great Job Jamie!

It's funny people are so fast to justify there "poor me life" that in the "recession" is the problem to my spending...........

Sad world we live in when a person can "claim" we are in a bad world talking on the phone, eating Doritos, driving cars we cant afford and posting annoying comments on the internet they cant prove otherwise.

did I ask the big question? Yes I did to all those in a "recession" what are you having for dinner tonight?

Me? Hot wings!

Peace!

Thanks!

Great question to all those in a recession sitting at their computers spending time posting on an internet forum. What are you having for dinner tonight, and why are you screwing around wasting time online instead of trying to make some extra money if things are so bad?

Same old, same old. The Dems have been saying how terrible the economy is ever since Reagan was elected. But when Carter was President and gas lines went around the block, and interest rates were at 18% on mortgages, the Dems said we needed to sacrifice for the good of our country.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think we destroyed this thread due to the recession experts not coming around . They are on the net, in A/C watching FOX news thinking how they can make money on this situation.

Carter, early years of my life but I remember those rates OMG! No recession exists, only those who fell into the game, poor people i feel for you......

But.............I didnt play that game. Thats why I have the money for hot wings!

I really really want to know who types on ATS AND IS IN POVERTY.

Self proclaimed I'm sure. There is no liberal lie it's what you convince yourself is...............

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
See,

They arent coming unless they think of a way to say " I have internet" but I am in a recession and cant afford it, so I am at a Coffee shop.

Not drinking gourmet coffee?

Maybe water right?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Jamie

This economy is in a recession and a deep one at that. First thing is first assuming that your numbers are correct which I dont believe any of the numbers that come out from the government the GDP is based on consumption and not production and hasnt been for over 30 years. This number is only halfway high because of the high prices people are paying and because of the 178 billion dollar stimulus checks that we borrowed money from China to give out to people.

On top of this we are not a creditor nation we are a debtor nation which changes our position dramatically from the 70s and even other recessions we have had in the past.

We have no industrial base. All of our jobs are in India and China right now. Some of these jobs are good paying jobs that are no longer here.

If we are not in a recession then how do you explain the FDIC, the banking industry, the housing industry, the auto industry, and the airlines industry all begging for government bailouts. How can we bail them ou once again we dont have the money. Eventually they will get their bailouts we will print it and borrow it. Our taxes will eventually have to go to 50% and interest rates raised to 18% to fight the inflation for all of this money printing.

The fact is if you understood the fraction reserve system and our fiat currency it would be a no brainer we are in a recession. When you extend the kind of credit we did and then retract it the way we did it leaves a whole host of debt out there that needs to be paid with no where near the existing currency to pay it off.

This isnt a liberal conspiracy. This is your government putting a friendly face on a very ugly deal.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Thanks!

Great question to all those in a recession sitting at their computers spending time posting on an internet forum. What are you having for dinner tonight, and why are you screwing around wasting time online instead of trying to make some extra money if things are so bad?

Same old, same old. The Dems have been saying how terrible the economy is ever since Reagan was elected. But when Carter was President and gas lines went around the block, and interest rates were at 18% on mortgages, the Dems said we needed to sacrifice for the good of our country.

Hmm why did Carter have to raise interest rates to 18%? Ahh inflation from the Vietnam war and other big government spending wet dreams. If it wasnt for Carter your dollar as of right now would be worthless. Paul Volker took one for the team and broke the back of inflation. He was hated at the time for doing it but now people look at his as a genius.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING!!??

Where are you getting your news or information? The media or the government?

I live in Seattle, Washington where I am told we are doing better than other areas of the country. I have been running my business here in the Seattle area for the last 6 years and just within the last year I have seen 40% plus drop in business activities.

I have asked customers why and whats going on that they are pulling back on purchases and they all state that economy is the reason. Paycuts, lay offs, and downsizing thats whats going on.. DEPRESSION/RECESSION!!

Just a thought...........

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hey Jamie, how much money do you make? Have you ever had to save money? I have two degrees from REAL colleges, my wife has one, we both are successful business people with kids, cars house, etc. Believe it or not, we more or less live paycheck to paycheck. And we make what I would call pretty good money. You may post as many graphs as you like, but all I have to do is fill my car and buy groceries for 4 for a couple of weeks and pay my energy bill to tell you, damn, I wouldn't want to be making any less or lose my job...The figures you have provided are just that. Info that can and has been manipulated in some manner.

ColoradoJens

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Hey Jamie, how much money do you make? Have you ever had to save money? I have two degrees from REAL colleges, my wife has one, we both are successful business people with kids, cars house, etc. Believe it or not, we more or less live paycheck to paycheck. And we make what I would call pretty good money.

Maybe you shouldn't drive your cars so much and cut back on eating. It's what Obama recommended you do in order to survive this "perceived" American recession.

The numbers are valid. In fact, China's economy is booming at nearly 10%, while the American economy stays around 3. It was up to 5 before this "2%" recession.

The only recession in America is with regard to Housing scandals and high Gas prices. High Gas prices are global, not just an American problem.

Don't forget to air up those tires now and maybe get a tune-up soon

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Elfworkz

Who claimed we are in a bad world? I hate doritos, I drive a 2000 Corolla, I work my ass off to be a responsible contributing member of society, I paid for and received my degrees, I have tenure, etc...I love my life and my family. I am not scrounging (although you said you were having hot wings, so maybe you are worse off than me) but I am recognizing the shifts in costs associated with raising a family. And this is because I have perception. Again, one bad accident, or something happens and you get laid off, it can be really tough. And how about that housing maket, eh? Great time to be an entrepenuer or start a family - two American traditions slowly vanishing.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Hey Jamie, how much money do you make? Have you ever had to save money? I have two degrees from REAL colleges, my wife has one, we both are successful business people with kids, cars house, etc. Believe it or not, we more or less live paycheck to paycheck. And we make what I would call pretty good money.

Maybe you shouldn't drive your cars so much and cut back on eating. It's what Obama recommended you do in order to survive this "perceived" American recession.

The numbers are valid. In fact, China's economy is booming at nearly 10%, while the American economy stays around 3. It was up to 5 before this "2%" recession.

The only recession in America is with regard to Housing scandals and high Gas prices. High Gas prices are global, not just an American problem.

Don't forget to air up those tires now and maybe get a tune-up soon

lol Chinas economy is booming? Hehe China relies on American consumption and there is none right now. Nobody has any money but the top 1%. No body saves any money anymore. Saving is not the American way anymore remember? Remember Bush on TV a week ago telling people dont save your money in times like this spend spend spend us out of this "turmoil" Its obvious you didnt read my above statement. The fact is our reliance on the FED and out fractional reserve system the way we do is the direct cause of this situation. It is an ugly situation too. I dont feel like giving school lessons tonight but I recommend you read up about our monetary system to understand our current situation.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I'm sorry. I'm 6'4" 190. Does this sound fat to you? Maybe you should keep your snide lame comments to yourself. If you have no real desire in life to be anything and you play video games and get stoned or go fishing, or mountain biking because you have no balls to talk to a woman, or you wont get a job where you wear a suit beacuse, "that's gay!" and hell I'll keep living in this pathetic apartment because I wont work for the man and I'm a free guy and all those dopes with families and crazy schedules and bills and whatever -THEY ARE IDIOTS! To you I say, GROW UP.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
National debt...– $ 9,645,737,910,019.00
Outgo: Defense 30%, Interest 19%, ...

WAR WAR WAR!!! Seems like a proxy tax Mccain fails to address!$ 9,000,000,000.00
P/M

[edit on 31-8-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
China's economy surpasses a 10% growth rate for the fifth straight year!

Source

No, don't give any school lessons, you'd be a bad teacher.

China does not rely on American consumption. It is long since past this stage. They have their own products out there now and lots of them, undercutting the American versions of similar products. It's why China replicated one of Dodge's vehicles and put a different name on it.

It's people like you who always thought China would be controlled by the US markets - how stupid you were. I've been saying this would happen since 2000, and it turns out i'm definitely right.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry. I'm 6'4" 190. Does this sound fat to you? Maybe you should keep your snide lame comments to yourself. If you have no real desire in life to be anything and you play video games and get stoned or go fishing, or mountain biking because you have no balls to talk to a woman, or you wont get a job where you wear a suit beacuse, "that's gay!" and hell I'll keep living in this pathetic apartment because I wont work for the man and I'm a free guy and all those dopes with families and crazy schedules and bills and whatever -THEY ARE IDIOTS! To you I say, GROW UP.

What?? I didn't call you fat. Obama did.

I'm probably as successful as you are, through very hard work. I got a degree in Computer Science and have my own business. I also recenly worked on some projects for the Department of Defense. I am very accomplished in the computer programming world. You can read my articles on programming sites etc.

Don't assume I play video games, hardly ever do that. I have never smoked Pot either.

It's funny because alot of those guys that smoke pot and play vids are liberals who want the government to take care of them, so they can keep doing just that.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Hmm the Heng Seng hase lost 33% of its value in the past 52 weeks
finance.yahoo.com...^hsi

With the Dow losing around 22%
finance.yahoo.com...^DJI&t=1y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

On 14% inflation that is not helping also. God I hate always being right.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I am very confused by the economy. I look at the Census and see 14% government employees, 11% productive workers (actually produce goods) and the rest are service or management or government support.

I hear about banks in trouble and I see houses being auctioned yet my business, which is very recession sensitive is doing ok (thank goodness). Why if the US is no longer manufacturing goods do we seem to be doing ok still??

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Why if the US is no longer manufacturing goods do we seem to be doing ok still??

It's because the US leads in Information Technology. The Internet started as a Department of Defense project called ArpaNet. We've owned the Internet commerce, commercialization and services since the Internet began.

China is moving fast on this too, trying to buy up major stock in Google, IBM and Microsoft. China has started search engines to compete with Google and Yahoo globally, but hasn't been that successful - yet.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Why if the US is no longer manufacturing goods do we seem to be doing ok still??

It's because the US leads in Information Technology. The Internet started as a Department of Defense project called ArpNet. We've owened the Internet trade, commerce and commericalization since the Internet began.

China is moving fast on this too, trying to buy up major stock in Google, IBM and Microsoft. China has started search engines to compete with Google and Yahoo globally, but hasn't been that successful - yet.

Hey listen no doubt about it China has had a great run. But when America quits consuming you will start to see their factories close in mass. When that happens you will start to see their working class collapse. With Chinas rising inflation making costs go up you will start to see factories come back to America also. Just a fact in fact you are starting to see it now

chinachallenges.blogs.com...

video.aol.com...

[edit on 31-8-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Hey listen no doubt about it China has had a great run. But when America quits consuming you will start to see their factories close in mass. When that happens you will start to see their working class collapse. With Chinas rising inflation making costs go up you will start to see factories come back to America also. Just a fact in fact you are starting to see it now

I wish that were the case, but other countries are starting to consume more of China's products than American products.

America is only 300 million people. As the American middle class shrinks, there will be even less of those 300 million consumers.

China has over 1 Billion people. As they gain a middle class, most of those consumers will be buying Chinese.

China is becoming self-sustained.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join