It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Allows LHC To Proceed; Experiments Underway & 'Fully Operational' 9/10/08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Court Allows Large Hadron Collider (LHC) To Proceed; Experiments Underway & 'Fully Operational' 9/10/2008

www.tgdaily.com

A request for an injunction against the launch of the LHC at CERN has been denied by the European Court of Human Rights.

European chaos researchers argued that humans do not have the experience yet to control particles that could be created by the collider.

One lap through the 17 mile tunnel will take a proton only 90 micro-seconds, meaning that a beam that is active for 10 hours will travel the distance of about 6.2 billion miles, which is about twice the distance between Earth and Neptune.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
"The End is Nigh: Colliding-atom research will consume the Earth"
"Experiment raises fears of end of the world"

[edit on 31-8-2008 by arktkchr]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
After seeing some dated information around ATS about CERN/LHC -- thought to post an update.

There still is resistance to this 'machine' and its capacity. A "second lawsuit" is pending via "environmentalists" in Hawaii. Anybody hope their LAWSUIT could delay this?

Professor Otto Rössler is but one outspoken critic of the controversial Large Hadron Collider (LHC), which has been constructed by the European Nuclear Research Centre (CERN) in Switzerland to simulate the effects of the Big Bang and provide scientists with a clearer understanding of the universe’s origins.

According to a Telegraph report citing Professor Rössler, CERN’s project leaders have already conceded that “mini black holes could be created” when the giant machine is turned on, but they do not consider that possibility to be a genuine risk factor.

...the professor has claimed his own calculations reveal it to be “quite plausible” to conclude that any resulting black holes during the LHC experiment “will grow exponentially and eat the planet from the inside,” across a devastating four-year period.

www.tgdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This machine will be used for one purpose only IMO and that is to create wormholes.

This is a real life star gate unfolding right before our eyes. Before any septics start to laugh and sneer please research the LHC. There is much more to this LHC than meets the eye.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
For background information about the professor named in the articles -- figure to post Dr. Rossler's bio:

In June of 2008 Rössler emerged in the public eye with an open letter as one of the strongest critics of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) proton collision experiment supervised by the European Organization for Nuclear Research...

He based his warnings on a known but hardly noticed proposition made by Max Abraham in 1912 surrounding Albert Einstein's theory of relativity as well as his own, yet theoretically disputed, gothic - ℜ theorem and its implications. He also questioned the existence of the Hawking radiation which in theory should lead to the decay of micro black holes.

A majority of experts in these fields dismissed his claims as substantial misconceptions of the general theory of relativity, as well as being inconsistent and disproved through measurement experiments.

Apart from the refutation of his theory, which he challenged others to debate, his public step up and call for an LHC Safety Conference[10] started a dicussion about the ethical limits of modern experimental physics in mainstream media all across Europe.

Rössler has authored around 300 scientific papers in fields as wide-ranging as biogenesis, the origin of language, differentiable automata, chaotic attractors, endophysics, micro relativity, artificial universes, the hypertext encyclopedia, and world-changing technology.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, here's the court date for pending lawsuit:

The CERN facility is already facing a second lawsuit filed by environmentalists in Hawaii. That case is due to be heard on Tuesday.

www.canada.com...

Obviously, Wiki, or, 'CIApedia' information should be taken with a grain of salt. The vocal critic of this device, Dr. Rossler, is not as discredited as that source leads one to believe.

Check this interview with him:

www.scientificblogging.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Totally agreed. Here's a .pdf of Rossler's UNANSWERED questions submitted to CERN:

wissensnavigator.ch...

Question number three:

3) Miniblack holes grow exponentially rather than linearly inside the earth: “miniquasar principle.“ Hence the time needed by a resident miniblack hole to eat the earth is maximally shortened – perhaps down to “50 months.“ This contrasts with the “50 million years“ obtained assuming linear growth by BBC-Horizon and CERN’s analogous “5 billion years.“

...I hadn't researched this as much as I'd like to, to date. Starting to get a little concerned and I do remember on another thread, something about the symbol of the 'device' being either triple six or 'upside-down' nines. Anybody have a link, lead on?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

That's quite a claim; unsubstantiated as usual. I'm not being skeptical, I'm being sensible - we couldn't open a wormhole and keep it stable enough for even a match to travel through. Think you should go back to the drawing board with your theory, or explain to me why you think the LHC is a 'wormhole' machine.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
This machine will be used for one purpose only IMO and that is to create wormholes.

This is a real life star gate unfolding right before our eyes. Before any septics start to laugh and sneer please research the LHC. There is much more to this LHC than meets the eye.

See the problem is its not powerful enough.
I have researched it, alot.
It is this size, hugely massive, just to create a tiny little picture.
A speck a micron for an instant.
In order to create a wormhole or large enough longer living black hole or something you could work with and make useful.
You would need something much much larger and more powerful.
Human beings are far from the ability to be able to create black holes yet.
Its our methods of primitive technology, needing things to be hugely massive beyond our comprehension to be useful.
I am no skeptic, I believe these things possible, but just don't believe humans, or CERN, have the ability to do this yet.
I think much of the debate against CERN and the LHC is coming from religious groups.
Who would prefer if the building blocks of the universe were not discovered.
As it would be rather unprofitable for them.
I mean Benny Hinn might suffer a 30% profit loss as a result of people stopping giving him free money.
The Pope might have to go a Toyota pope mobile, instead of a Mercedes.
This is important to these people.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
...the interview with Rossler is interesting, seems that the LHC could even implode itself when "switched on" soon:

Rossler: For they have the largest amounts of a superfluid anywhere on the planet, in the form of their coolant, Helium II. Thus, fast mini particles -- I thought of neutrinos -- could for comparison, be shot through a long pipe of this superfluid and through an analogous pipe containing ordinary fluid helium. To see whether there is a difference in the cross section. But then, we both realized that this would probably take years to accomplish.

Gillis: Dr. Landua agrees with you, that this experiment is important? That it could show that superfluidity protects neutron stars from mBH?

On this point it seems. But unfortunately, superfluidity will not protect this planet from artificial sufficiently slow mini black holes, likely or possibly produced at the LHC.

Gillis: Did the subject of a possible bosenova implosion and explosion come up in your discussions? Superfluid Helium II is a quantum superfluid with strange properties, and generally considered to be a Bose-Einstein Condensate.

Yes, but the question of this superfluid being dangerous as such, because of the risk of bosenova formation at the LHC, I did learn only from you today: It did not occur to us. This is an important point, and should also be tested experimentally by CERN, I feel. They will of course be accidentally testing it when they switch on the LHC. This local catastrophe if occurring would inadvertently protect the planet at large.

Gillis: That a bosenova could destroy the LHC? You're not joking?

Not at all. My friend Artur Schmidt told me about the historical rule that whenever there is a technology jump by a factor of ten -- the LHC's energy will be by 8 times higher than ever before achieved, so it qualifies -- always major accidents happen owing to humanity's built-in lack of clairvoyance.

www.scientificblogging.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This sounds like the abandoned project pushed by Phil Graham, for construction south of Dallas in the 80s. A lot of land was purchased, tunnels were constructed,and some people made fortunes, at the expense of taxpayers. Some of the tunnels were being used to grow mushrooms the last that I heard. The thing had a science fictional name, "Superconducting Super Collider". The U.S. has suffered for a long time due to Phil Graham.

new topics

top topics

join